Elections Republicans in disarray(with new disarray!)

Good.

Our politicians need to fight wayyyy more.

The way it is now where they stick to a side and move like the wind when push comes to shove is bullshit.

If you have convictions, fight for them, it's literally what they all should be doing, instead of towing party lines and plotting to become wealthy while paying lip service to their constituents.
This is all self involved grandstanding and adults acting like children, not a battle of principles (as if Boebert has any). I agree representatives need to be willing to fight for the interest of their constituents, as a rule. Wouldn’t mind seeing more of that myself.

BTW, weren't you against election deniers and conspiracy theorist having power?

Yes. Also, Jeffries is much better on policy (I know that stuff doesn't matter to you, but in terms of how gov't affects the country, it really does).

Crenshaw is right for once ...

"Some of the reasons that these people have for not voting for McCarthy are unbelievably petty ... it makes us look foolish"

The lot of them are foolish and petty so this should be expected, this will become more apparent going forward.
As if they have been looking any other way but foolish and petty while being the party of Trump

it appears as if mccarthy is about to suffer defeat

first time in a hundred years they cant even elect their own speaker

the first day of republican control of congress and they cant even get their shit together and the democrat is gonna get the majority of votes

mccarthy is getting run out of town lol

Yes. Also, Jeffries is much better on policy (I know that stuff doesn't matter to you, but in terms of how gov't affects the country, it really does).

Then why would you Jefferies to have power? He spent 4 years denying the legitimacy of the president and the '16 election

votings over.

212 votes for jeffries mccarthy 203 biggs 10 others 9

republicans failed to elect a speaker. this is the party the rubes trust to govern on common sense legislation and they cant even fall in line with each other and elect a speaker. theyre gonna have to try again. and again. and again.

12 of the the democrats should just start voting "present" on the next round and then jeffries would win speaker of the house and then the republicans would have to go through the process of removing him just so they can start all over again!

mccarthy isnt backing down.this is gonna go on for days. maybe even weeks. when you elect a bunch of clowns, expect a circus.

the republicans only have a 4 vote margin. they need to get everybody on board just to elect a speaker. how the fuck do they expect to govern? the way they are infighting and can't tow the party line, expect the republican house to get absolutely nothing done throughout the next 2 years, even if they wanted to. incompetant morons.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you have a bunch of people in office who are only after power and money

Then why would you Jefferies to have power? He spent 4 years denying the legitimacy of the president and the '16 election

Oh, jeez. That's stupid. It's one thing to rightly think that Trump was a shitty president. It's another to actively try to stay in office after losing, file a bunch of bullshit suits, incite a riot in the Capitol, etc. If you're telling me you don't see a difference between criticizing the president and doing all that stuff, you're either an idiot or a liar. Also, what do you think of McCarthy's plan to try to create a debt-ceiling crisis in order to force cuts to Social Security and healthcare that he wouldn't have the votes? How does that compare to Jeffries' agenda?

Looks like I was wrong on him winning that. <45>

mccarthy needs to convince 19 of his fellow republican house representatives to switch their votes, he, or any other republican speaker nominee can only afford to lose 4 republican votes, and half of the votes he's lost are from maga republicans who will not vote for him no matter what because he's not crazy enough for their likings.

this is going to be a shit show. it already is. but holy shit are these idiots ever incompetant.

jim jordan, a dude who doesnt even have any interest of being speaker got 6 votes from maga trash, he's saying they are going to do another vote. so it doesnt appear as if he was able to convince any of those 6 maga voters to change their votes.

NOV19-All-Chuckles.gif

Back