Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Good on Capcom for continuing to release content for free when a lot of companies would be charging. I can’t imagine the work that’s gone into the VR mode and I’d imagine they could have easily gotten away with charging for it.
Sonys definitely been paying them for their work, I think they know how important the horror genre for VR. Looking for to trying Madison at some point too

Sonys definitely been paying them for their work, I think they know how important the horror genre for VR. Looking for to trying Madison at some point too
Of course, otherwise they’d be releasing it everywhere. They’ve been supporting their games extremely well after lunch regardless of paid exclusivity.

Checked this out on the PS store, and saw it was on sale, so I broke down and bought it again...... for like the 10th time.

Want to get unlimited ammo unlocked and put it down for a bit before the VR drops. It's been awhile since I played last, but slipped right back into it.

I'm shocked no one has bothered to post about the Seperate Ways trailer.

This seems like its almost a completely separate campaign to the main game, in comparison to the original RE4 Separate Ways which about a 1/4th of the main game was re-playable as Ada but with different weapons.

Most interesting aspect of the trailer - Wesker. But not for the reason you'd think.

Original Wesker was cold, calculating, and inhuman. This Wesker, for the shots we've seen of him, reminds me of mid-90s Michael Madsen in the role of a police captain trying to keep an unruly new recruit in check.

"Oh Ada, what to do with you."

400px-Db-shotgun1.jpg

Ada - "Who's blood are you here for this time?"
*Points gun at Ada.*
Wesker - "That all depends on you."

The Separate Ways DLC is now downloadable.

Haven't seen any reviews uploaded to YouTube, only playthroughs. This 'Residence of Evil' channel beat it in five and a half hours.

When I see some YouTube reviews from reputable channels I'll post a few.

The Separate Ways DLC is now downloadable.

Haven't seen any reviews uploaded to YouTube, only playthroughs. This 'Residence of Evil' channel beat it in five and a half hours.

When I see some YouTube reviews from reputable channels I'll post a few.

wtf, great news!!

Right now it has a 93% positive score on Steam.

The hits just keep coming, can't even keep up!

Ada gets my yellow fever in dangerous territory, my F12 key will get a workout!

Only review that was uploaded to YouTube today was by Dreamcast Guy. I wouldn't say he's on my 'Top & Most Trusted' list but I can't recall him ever being outright dishonest in any of his videos I've seen of his.

Just finished, and as far as DLC goes? Damn near perfect. Easy 9.5/10 for me.

The expansion on the story, the new areas, bosses, lore, it does exactly what a DLC should set out to do. Totally unexpected but holy shit at the fan service, it was perfect. Only knock I had was the final boss was kind of an ass fight.

Played through on Hardcore, total play time came in at 6:30 with some afk. Probably under 6 without that.

Also thought Ada’s voice actor did a great job. She was exactly what Ada should be. Cold, calculated, witty. Wesker was portrayed great as well. Thought he was in it just the right amount.

Also lol’d at the villagers changing to the proper “cabrona” when referring to Ada.

Buy it if you enjoyed RE4. Definitely going to be replaying and going for that S rank.

There’s been a weird discourse about the price because the original Separate Ways was “free.” It was never a part of the original game and shouldn’t even be mentioned in comparison to what this is (it’s close to the entirety of R3make). Gamers remain the worst.

Really looking forward to starting the DLC with all of the fantastic reviews, but want to finish my S+ pro run first, should finish today. Just saved at the water room with save #5 at just shy of 2hr 20min. Ashley is decked out in the suit of armor and just maxed the damage out on the Chicago Sweeper and used an upgrade ticket for infinite ammo. Should be fairly smooth sailing from here. Even held on to the Golden Egg for the Salazar fight rather than turn it in. Bought a Golden Ticket, so not really worried about Spinels much else so just scooping up Golden Coins and Yellow Herbs.

Surprised with how much time I spent on the PC version, how much fun I'm having clearing it again on PS5. There have been some pretty great games this year, but this one is easily my GOTY.

Is there anything actually new though? The trailers just made it look like Ada and her move set are the only thing that’s different. It looks like they just retreading the same areas and reusing the same enemies. I know 10 bucks isn’t a lot but with how many games there are I was hoping there would be something different

Is there anything actually new though? The trailers just made it look like Ada and her move set are the only thing that’s different. It looks like they just retreading the same areas and reusing the same enemies. I know 10 bucks isn’t a lot but with how many games there are I was hoping there would be something different
There are entirely new areas that you’ve never played before and new bosses.

Last edited:
There are entirely new areas that you’ve never played before and new bosses.
Maybe I’ll check it out before Spider-Man 2 if I complete lies of p within that time. I liked the base game a lot. I’m definitely most excited for the VR mode

Finished up my Pro S+ run to unlock infinite ammo. Cut it way to close at 5:28:23. I was making good time in the early/mid game I started taking to much time grabbing unnecessary loot that I almost fucked myself.

I made it to the hallway where you slowly carry Ashley down the longest hall in the world, while slowly limping with 8 minutes to go. I was screaming under breath at the TV so the kids wouldn't hear "Fucking gggooooooo, get the fuck uuuupppp!!!!!"

Saved it right before the last boss fight with repaired armor and a rocket launcher with 4 minutes left on the clock. When I checked the time on the clock and saw I had more than the count down, I was pretty jazzed. I had a few saves I was bouncing through and my earliest save I could go back to was right at the helicopter, so was glad I didn't have to try and recover that save because that's my least favorite part and was already starting to get punched for time.

Off to the DLC tomorrow.

Back