Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Finished up my Pro S+ run to unlock infinite ammo. Cut it way to close at 5:28:23. I was making good time in the early/mid game I started taking to much time grabbing unnecessary loot that I almost fucked myself.

I made it to the hallway where you slowly carry Ashley down the longest hall in the world, while slowly limping with 8 minutes to go. I was screaming under breath at the TV so the kids wouldn't hear "Fucking gggooooooo, get the fuck uuuupppp!!!!!"

Saved it right before the last boss fight with repaired armor and a rocket launcher with 4 minutes left on the clock. When I checked the time on the clock and saw I had more than the count down, I was pretty jazzed. I had a few saves I was bouncing through and my earliest save I could go back to was right at the helicopter, so was glad I didn't have to try and recover that save because that's my least favorite part and was already starting to get punched for time.

Off to the DLC tomorrow.
Definitely don’t think I’d have a fresh Professional S+ run in me lol. I was struggling to find my footing for a bit in this.

Apparently a special outfit unlocks with S++ with every Mercenary character on every level. New obsession unlocked.

Went hard af on Mercenaries and got S++ on every stage with every character. Never want to see it again lol.

Definitely want to grind SW and get all the unlockables there.

Think it’s easy to say that with the DLC, this is my GotY so far.

Haven’t worked up the balls to play it. Always dreaded the early scene as a kid where you have to shack up in a house and ride out the time wave. Pre ordered the game, but I’m caught up playing D2, Indigo Prophecy and Madden.

I am a HUGE Resident Evil fan, survival horror fan. RE4 was exactly when this series went off course into action horror. After a painful lesson and getting back on track with RE7, it sucks to see it going back to another action horror series again.

I have no desire to play this.

We need more of this;

resident-evil-baby-monster-768x432.png

I am a HUGE Resident Evil fan, survival horror fan. RE4 was exactly when this series went off course into action horror. After a painful lesson and getting back on track with RE7, it sucks to see it going back to another action horror series again.

We need more of this;

Village had a shitload of action lol.

RE4 Remake definitely turned down the cheese a bit and there are some genuinely scary moments.

Finally started the DLC this morning. I was planning on doing it last weekend, but ended up starting a pro NG to unlock the Hand Cannon using the cat ears.

Having a blast with the fresh spin. Nice to revisit some of the past events with everything fresh after a few standard runs, and see how their stories intertwine, but still have a few new areas and bosses. Just cleared the boss in the laser hallway. Will definitely give this a few runs and go for a Pro S+.

Beat the DLC this morning, didn't realize how close I was to the ending and saved going into the last chapter. Cleared standard at 4:32 with 24 saves. I was really thorough and picked up every treasure using my spinels on small keys rather than an upgrade ticket. Probably could have been sub 4 hours but for the first run watched every cinematic and continued a few times rather than quit and reload.

Jumped into a pro NG+ to start the unlock for the Chicago Sweeper but when tried to sell every item in my inventory, but it was only going to be like 850k of the needed 1.5mil, so going to need to save up quite a bit, but pro should still be very doable in 4hr with all the suped up weapons coming in.

Beat the DLC this morning, didn't realize how close I was to the ending and saved going into the last chapter. Cleared standard at 4:32 with 24 saves. I was really thorough and picked up every treasure using my spinels on small keys rather than an upgrade ticket. Probably could have been sub 4 hours but for the first run watched every cinematic and continued a few times rather than quit and reload.

Jumped into a pro NG+ to start the unlock for the Chicago Sweeper but when tried to sell every item in my inventory, but it was only going to be like 850k of the needed 1.5mil, so going to need to save up quite a bit, but pro should still be very doable in 4hr with all the suped up weapons coming in.
Nice, I’m on my 4th NG+ run this time getting a feel for Pro. I’ve got my runs down to sub two hours, think I can do an S+ Pro.

Nice, I’m on my 4th NG+ run this time getting a feel for Pro. I’ve got my runs down to sub two hours, think I can do an S+ Pro.

Just finished up my Pro NG+ and came in at 2:56, but I was still really taking my time and collecting every treasure, all the drops, and killing most of the enemies. To get a feel for a S+ run I skipped all of the cut scenes and quit to the menu after each death. I'm totally sure I can cut out 30 min when I start rushing areas rather than collecting everything.

Was planning on doing a Hardcore S+ run to unlock the chicken hat for a Pro run, but think I'll go straight for Pro after unlocking the Chicago Sweeper. Getting to the first vendor is pretty easy and bought a 3 pack Golden Ticket, which resets with every fresh run, so will have infinite ammo fairly quickly. Then will use any money on damage upgrades and the sniper for the bio sensor.

*Edit*
Started a Pro NG run just to get it started and get a chapter save past the Bug guy and cannons. Was a little worried going in with starter weapons but only took me two tries. First try ended up alerting the guards early and got swarmed.

Last edited:
That’s S+ Professional done and dusted. Not as bad as I thought. Great thing about SW is it’s such a quick experience you can roll through play throughs.

IMG_8753.jpeg

Probably try and clear out the remaining challenges. No heal, knives and pistols only, and no merchant.

Got all three challenges knocked out in a little over two hours. Did no heals/merchant and just rocked the infinite rocket launcher. Then went through with a fully upgraded Elite Knife with the bear hat and a maxed Red 9.

IMG_8758.jpeg

I’ve now sunk over 100 hours into this game and I’m still not sick of it. One of my all time favorite RE games.

Just about done with my Pro S+ run. Used save #7 just before the gondola ride at 1hr 56min. Got an extra save to play with so will likely use one before the giant bug in the halls, and then right before Sadler. Have the Chicago Sweeper maxed and a rocket launcher in my inventory so should clear with a comfortable margin.

I'm well over 100 hours as well and still love starting new runs, even with nothing left to unlock. Still have VR mode soon, so even more goodness. Easily my game of the year.

We need more of this;

I agree. I thought 7 was incredible and a step in the right direction and then 8 oddly decides to go all in on the action again. That part of 8 was the best and it’s a shame it was the only moment like that.I love 4 remake but I prefer them to make new stuff with a focus on horror

Village had a shitload of action lol.

RE4 Remake definitely turned down the cheese a bit and there are some genuinely scary moments.

Village had a mix of everything and lots of what I love, and lots of what I hate.

- hate random shop keeper in some random place.
- hate all of the Chris Redfield parts. Both cinematics and that COD section.
- hate most of the outside stuff.
- didn't care much for the whole lycan crap.

- loved the lady dimitrescu mansion.
- loved the lady minitrescu/tyrant/Mr X style of patrolling and hunting you down.
- LOVED all of the Donna Beneviento section. It was horror puzzle with a terrifying finish! We need more of what that section was.

RE8 had a mix of everything. They were told that 7 was too scary...I think they need to stop being scared of that feedback.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1241675/resident-evil-top-selling-games-units-sold/

It's fairly obvious what style of game sells. It ain't action horror.

Village had a mix of everything and lots of what I love, and lots of what I hate.

- hate random shop keeper in some random place.
- hate all of the Chris Redfield parts. Both cinematics and that COD section.
- hate most of the outside stuff.
- didn't care much for the whole lycan crap.

- loved the lady dimitrescu mansion.
- loved the lady minitrescu/tyrant/Mr X style of patrolling and hunting you down.
- LOVED all of the Donna Beneviento section. It was horror puzzle with a terrifying finish! We need more of what that section was.

RE8 had a mix of everything. They were told that 7 was too scary...I think they need to stop being scared of that feedback.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1241675/resident-evil-top-selling-games-units-sold/

It's fairly obvious what style of game sells. It ain't action horror.
I prefer a more horror focus as well, 5 and 6 are two of the best selling RE games ever though.

People do like action in their RE games which is why it continues to be a focus.

I prefer a more horror focus as well, 5 and 6 are two of the best selling RE games ever though.

People do like action in their RE games which is why it continues to be a focus.

5 and 6 were riding name brand recognition. Riding the coat tales of a new style of gameplay that RE4 brought to the table. The over the shoulder camera. But once that novelty ran dry, the content of those games couldn't hold player's interests. Based off the sales, RE7 and RE2 remake (which are both horror) crushed the 12m+ units sold.

RE4 remake?
Which is crazy because unlike RE3 Remake which reviewed poorly (6.6 user reviews on metacritic), RE4 has great reviews (9.7)!

I think that alone sends the message. Action horror is a dead end. They've done this dance before, they are dangerously close to making the same mistake again.

Capcom needs to stop placating the loud minority bitching that games are too scary. Just do your thing, create great horror games.

Last edited:
5 and 6 were riding name brand recognition. Riding the coat tales of a new style of gameplay that RE4 brought to the table. The over the shoulder camera. But once that novelty ran dry, the content of those games couldn't hold player's interests. Based off the sales, RE7 and RE2 remake (which are both horror) crushed the 12m+ units sold.

RE4 remake?

I think that alone sends the message. Action horror is a dead end. They've done this dance before, they are dangerously close to making the same mistake again.
Nah, you can’t just discredit two of their best selling games of all time because it doesn’t suit the narrative. I don’t like it but action definitely sells in the franchise.

RE4 remake has been out for less than a year. It passed 5 million in sales four months after release. It took RE7 twice as long to reach that number. It’s a smash success already.

Nah, you can’t just discredit two of their best selling games of all time because it doesn’t suit the narrative. I don’t like it but action definitely sells in the franchise.

RE4 remake has been out for less than a year. It passed 5 million in sales four months after release. It took RE7 twice as long to reach that number. It’s a smash success already.
Ya I disagree entirely.

I predict an RE5 and 6 remake to do just as poorly sales wise.

The game that started this entire franchise? Survival horror.
The top two games that sold the most? Survival horror.
The game that turned this franchise around again? Survival horror.

By all means...they can retread the mistake of going down the action horror road again, thinking this time it will be better. But it won't. I just don't think that many players are playing survival horror.

COD with zombies is boring.

Back