retailers worry over food stamp cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I am curious to see the results of this reduction in SNAP, and if the gap in food sales is a 1:1 ratio with funding cuts
-a discrepancy might be a high level indicator of fraud, and determining if it was a significant issue.

I am for SNAP work requirements, not too stringent but rational.

"Hey kid you're hungry?

Maybe you shouldn't have pieces of shit for parents.

It sucks to suck."
If we really cared about being cost efficient we would just give money to poor people instead of setting up huge wasteful bureaucracies for each program we have.

But it’s not about cost efficiency but about control. Some people would rather roll back on safety nets because of a lie they heard about someone abusing their food stamp or whatever it is

GFY
Another “being poor is your fault” scumbag rears its ugly head. Well, take comfort; you’re not alone in your profound ignorance.
Yeah it seems some people have a fetish for being cruel and get off on social darwinism.

This is a good step. We need a culling. Poor dipshits shitting out little dipshits is becoming a huge problem. Educated and civilized people are having less and less children. Fucking whiny cunts are always like "but what about the kids"? Who gives a shit when we're straight up murdering them abroad? Now suddenly their parents have to not be lazy pieces of shit and it's a humanitarian issue? Give me a break.

If you're not truly disabled and you're making less than $80k-90k in the United States in 2018 then you're a fucking moron and society will be better off without you fed.

Well since most Americans make less than $60k, guess all those bastards should just die. Your logic is fantastic.

The usual lack of intelligent discourse on this subject. No intelligent person should ever rationally argue that people should go hungry because they're poor while living in a capitalist economy. The point of the capitalist system is to overwhelmingly reward the most effective companies. That means that some people will by necessity be poor and remain there since capitalism is designed push the lower end into obsolescence. And the upper end of companies don't need to hire the entire population. So there will always be an absolute number of poor people in this country. Some will rise out of poverty, some will not. Some non-poor people will fall into poverty as their employers lose the capitalist battle to other companies.

A good government recognizes this and puts programs into place that lessen the basic burden of capitalism on the people as the economy goes through it's natural culling process. The Norwegian countries have figured this out while we're trying to go backwards.

The usual lack of intelligent discourse on this subject. No intelligent person should ever rationally argue that people should go hungry because they're poor while living in a capitalist economy. The point of the capitalist system is to overwhelmingly reward the most effective companies. That means that some people will by necessity be poor and remain there since capitalism is designed push the lower end into obsolescence. And the upper end of companies don't need to hire the entire population. So there will always be an absolute number of poor people in this country. Some will rise out of poverty, some will not. Some non-poor people will fall into poverty as their employers lose the capitalist battle to other companies.

A good government recognizes this and puts programs into place that lessen the basic burden of capitalism on the people as the economy goes through it's natural culling process. The Norwegian countries have figured this out while we're trying to go backwards.

The question is not should we but how it is run.

What a lot of it is really about, is that a part of the population not only wants a less empathetic population but they feel such moves by the government will fcuk over teh Blacks and Mexicans. It is inescapable for one to notice the racial dynamic at play when conservatives bitch about welfare.

This is a good step. We need a culling. Poor dipshits shitting out little dipshits is becoming a huge problem. Educated and civilized people are having less and less children. Fucking whiny cunts are always like "but what about the kids"? Who gives a shit when we're straight up murdering them abroad? Now suddenly their parents have to not be lazy pieces of shit and it's a humanitarian issue? Give me a break.

If you're not truly disabled and you're making less than $80k-90k in the United States in 2018 then you're a fucking moron and society will be better off without you fed.
Statistically speaking the vast majority of people on food stamps find work and those with children find work at higher rates than those without children. Less than 20% of people without children don't find work after applying for food stamps. Those with children are below 15%

Children are a great motivation to find work, I'm assuming you don't have any, since you're """educated""" and """civilized""" and clearly don't understand that people usually stop being lazy when they have a kid on the way.

So since the vast majority of food stamp families with children find work, they are not lazy, and if we should be bashing any demographic, it's not the people on food stamps with kids.

And even then, you have to wonder how many are disabled or have legitimate reasons to be on food stamps and not find work. My brother for example falls into that demographic of a permanently disabled person with no children and takes food stamps (a meager $15 a month to buy eggs and coffee).

OTE="sniper, post: 140197901, member: 56747"]For a while I did support the idea of cutting back on food stamps as I know the corners people can cut using them

But the idea of people starving in the best nation on earth is pathetic when you think about all the money spent on bombs and guns and death[/QUOTE]
I think around 30% of food stamps are used for junk food/soda.

I would like to see a jobs program where instead of just getting money and support people work for state or federal projects as a way of earning the money and support .

Even if it doesn't really save any money at least we are getting something and people are learning work habits.

Even some disabled can do some work.

Or if they are going to some trade school I can see that.

As to the stores they will have to adjust to changes.
I agree. If you're capable, you should have to do some community service to receive welfare. Pick up trash by he road, volunteer work, etc. It keeps people from becoming dependent and would look better to a potential employer than a long blank space in your work history.

Sometimes shit does happen though and all it might take to lift someone up is a helping hand. But we would rather watch each other suffer than offer help. That is a recipe for disaster... imo

If cutting food stamps 20% (with their current waste) collapses the whole system. It was doomed to begin with. I support feeding people, not giving people EBT cards they sell for drugs and other bullshit

Assuming we cull the herd and only the people capable of earning at least 80-90k survive, who will do the jobs that pay less than that? Will those jobs no longer be needed? How will the saturation of skilled workers affect wages?

If cutting food stamps 20% (with their current waste) collapses the whole system. It was doomed to begin with. I support feeding people, not giving people EBT cards they sell for drugs and other bullshit

Yea the fraud aspect sucks, but I rather have a bit of fraud than not giving worthy families a good helping hand. I might be for restrictions on junk food. The lobster and steak thing gets blown a little bit out of proportion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back