REVIEW: DATSUSARA Bag In-Depth Review

Is the pgb big enought to hold a pair of thai pads/shin guard/gloves/cup/ shorts-shirt?

*any plans for a coloured bag?

i would say that would easily fit and then some. no colors planned yet, it's quite costly to make these as they are, but when we get big there will be some options.

I have one more prototype up for sale to Sherdog folk only. It's just like the current PGB-02 except it made super extra strong in all areas and this one is heavy duty nylon so it won't breathe (like a regular gym bag). It's black with red logos just like the current bag.

I'll sell this one for $50 shipped so long as you promise to explain to anyone that asks that it isn't our usual fabric.

Thanks all,

Chris

BTW all... we are on a hunt for stock type photos to be used on the new Datsusara MMA website. if you have pictures that we can use of cage/ring fights, training, or even cool shots of you sporting our gear then please send them to info AT dsmma DOT com

If we use your picture anywhere on the site no matter how big or small we will notify you and give you 1 free gear item of your choice.

We likely won't be able to use most of them so please don't be offended if we don't pick your image, but who knows :)

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. still working on the fabric issue for the new PGB-03's, it should be finalized soon.

hey,
can you ship these to the UK, and if so, how much for?

yep, and cost depends on how fast you want it but you will see options on checkout before you commit to the buy. we ship anywhere in the world.

btw all we still are accepting submissions of action fight pictures to use on the new website, we could also use some pics of people with our gear. so send those in asap if you want them on the new site :)

info on the upcoming PGB-03, since so many of you are asking me...

The PGB-03 will be up to US Milspec standards and so will be stronger, but slightly less breathable as we are using a resin coated hemp on this batch. It will come with a large "nasty" bag for really wet items. It will also have a slightly different pocket configuration and one removable velcro logo along with the red embroidered logos on the sides. All zippers are now YKK and the shoulder strap is also YKK, so they should be tough as nails. Overall this new bag should last people for many many years, if not a lifetime. We hope to keep the retail price just under $100 this time but I won't know for sure until we get the shipping and customs charges worked out.

We should have these bags in by mid November.

Thanks for the interest,

Chris

Looks like the bags might be in by October, the production will be done in two weeks and after that it's just shipping time which is usually about 3 weeks, I'll post pre-orders next week on the site and alert you here.

info on the upcoming PGB-03, since so many of you are asking me...

The PGB-03 will be up to US Milspec standards and so will be stronger, but slightly less breathable as we are using a resin coated hemp on this batch. It will come with a large "nasty" bag for really wet items. It will also have a slightly different pocket configuration and one removable velcro logo along with the red embroidered logos on the sides. All zippers are now YKK and the shoulder strap is also YKK, so they should be tough as nails. Overall this new bag should last people for many many years, if not a lifetime. We hope to keep the retail price just under $100 this time but I won't know for sure until we get the shipping and customs charges worked out.

We should have these bags in by mid November.

Thanks for the interest,

Chris

Maybe the attachments are gone, but I can't view them.

FYI all, I have 3 of each bag left, that's 3 of the PGB-03's and 3 of the Backpacks. All orders for the rest of the year come with free DSMMA gi/clothing patches.

If you want one order fast especially if you want it for Christmas in which case you need to order by monday and pick the express domestic option and we can still get it there in time.

happy days off work all, go train or something.

I really want to pick up the latest bag but I can't swing it... I'll just wait a bit longer and when they get more in I can probably pull it off. For now I'll just deal with my falling apart duffel.

when the next shipment of bags gets in we will offer a bag upgrading option for anyone who has purchased a bag from us before, i haven't decided a price yet but it should be a good break for those of you wanting to check out the new gear.

do u sell the lil thingies that go on the zippers?? i pulled mine a lil hard and it broke, lol

when the next shipment of bags gets in we will offer a bag upgrading option for anyone who has purchased a bag from us before, i haven't decided a price yet but it should be a good break for those of you wanting to check out the new gear.

Awesome! Way to support your past customers, we're looking forward to hearing more about this Chris.

do u sell the lil thingies that go on the zippers?? i pulled mine a lil hard and it broke, lol

hmm this must be on one of the PGB-02's right, I doubt you could tear the PGB-03 ones. It's probably best to buy those at camping or army surplus type stores but I may have one around here I could send out, PM me.

FYI all we are sold out of BP's and PGB's now. Thanks for the support! We already ordered the PGB shipment and it should get here in about 6 weeks while the BP-02 is in development but I think we'll have that out soon. The bag are the priority and the shorts, gis rashguards etc will come later as we grow.

i just got my datsusara bag from fedex today, can't wait to unpack it and give it a try!

Nice review and awesome pictures. Thanks jura123

FYI all we are sold out of BP's and PGB's now. Thanks for the support! We already ordered the PGB shipment and it should get here in about 6 weeks while the BP-02 is in development but I think we'll have that out soon. The bag are the priority and the shorts, gis rashguards etc will come later as we grow.

Any chance you might come out with a backpack/duffel bag hybrid like the Inspirit bag?

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Ringside makes one also
bb23_m.jpg

So does Fighting/Title
fsbag1sec.jpg

Without the giant glossy leather face and huge graphics that is. Not necessarily the same design, but the concept.

Back