Review: Triumph United Dead Adder Lace Up Sparring Gloves (8.5/10)

Great review, thanks! They are certainly compact for 16oz and the pictures you took really show that nicely.

I don't know why TU doesn't go back to the original Heatseeker 1.0 design.

Jeez I wish they would. I was going to do a side by side of those gloves but I didn't see the point. The Heatseekers 1.0 really look outdated next to these. It's funny though. All these years later and the Heatseekers are still working. They're just sitting in our bin at the school.

Yeah I think sometimes though we get caught up in looks, and as far as Im concerned the Heatseekers were pretty much damn near perfect I dont remember the original price tag on them but yeah.

they went downhill after that, and with their new glove lines it seems like they are on the rise again but yeah still seems the Original Heatseekers 1.0 are STILL the way to go.

Clamp, how used up are those heatseekers btw?

They're used up but is have to check on it since people take that glove first. I take care of my gloves but since those bin in the bin I'm sure they smell nasty.

Agreed the og heatseekers were bomb, but the hestseeker 2's weren't bad at all, people just talk shit. They corrected some flaws from the og's, but themselves had flaws. It's more preference.

Last edited:
I think people enjoyed the padding off the Originals

Yup. The best trait of the original glove was the padding.

Oh come on guys the padding wasn't horrible in the Heatseeker 2's it just took longer to break in, but they also out last the og's. My pair, which is used only for sparing it going on 2 years and the padding feels great. They just weren't out of the box ready

Not bad I'm still writing that review. I keep going back and editing after I use it.

Here's some pics of the 16 oz velcro's just for your viewing pleasure.

292s6dv.jpg

2ii7gj5.jpg

2yuzx4n.jpg

11c8geb.jpg

Not bad I'm still writing that review. I keep going back and editing after I use it.

Just heard of Ediroc for the first time since reading this review. Went on the site...DANG they ain't cheap!

It's crazy how Red and White go for $130 but all the other colors go for $210. They're pretty good looking though...are they customizable?

A little misshapen from shipping, no biggie

Great design for the back of the head, very customizable for even within the size range.

Decent ear protection

Nice hook and loop chin strap

Nice contrasting of colors

Back