Social Rich old people and service workers

Real talk, rich people get an unbelievable amount of spit and pubic hair in their food.

This is fucked up.

I am not a rich person and I treat everyone that I meet with respect including service workers. I use manners greeting them, asking them how they are, and saying thank you. I leave at least 20% tips on all bills.

But, even if someone is an asshole just move on. Unless they physically touch you then just kill them with kindness.

When I deal with shitty waiters or food. I just take my money else where. I don’t get them in trouble with their superiors. Sometimes people just have really bad days or even bad lives.

As a 6ft3, 260lb man, the bane of my existence used to be old, white women.

Rude and had zero respect for me as a human being. In seven years of low-paid customer service, 95% of issues were with them, aside from one young, black woman.

Then again, plenty of them were nice...

People who give service workers a hard time usually do it because of some deep seeded insecurity about not getting the respect they deserve. So what do they do? They go to a place where they’re a paying customer so that the respect is compulsory.

They usually end up in middle management. Some squeak through to the top. But they all get their food spit in.

I’m nice to service workers because I see people who are likely less fortunate than I. But the people who give them a hard time probably don’t have the capacity to empathize with them, so it’s good to remind them that those people are making their food, and they ultimately decide what goes in it.

So I’m at a convention for rich people right now. I’m attending with my mom who has always been a boss kinda woman, very demanding type of person.

Twice in two nights I watched my moms associates give servers a hard time now.
One was because we had 15 people at a table and they couldn’t split the check, only could split it three ways at most. We also stayed 1 hour past closing time but no one seemed to notice.

This second time at lunch we had an hour and a half of break before returning to a workshop class. Two of the cooks called out sick so we waited like an hour for food and we were all late to the workshop. It’s understandable to be mad or impatient in this scenario but they bitched at our poor server who had no control over this. Not to mention it was a Mexican restaurant and it was cinco de mayo. One lady straight up just left to go to the workshop on time without telling the server. She already ordered food so when the food came it just sat on the table and got wasted. The server took that off our check though. But yeah despite 4+ people bitching and saying it’s ridiculous how long we are waiting and blah blah blah to the server, nothing changed because of it. I’m down for bitching and karening it out if it gets results, but when something like this happens, there’s literally nothing you or the server can do. This one was kinda bad cuz you could tell he was hella stressed and probably hated us. He was nice to me though, gave me free guacamole.

I’m pretty embarrassed how oblivious old rich people are to others who serve them. Idk maybe they are just used to being aggressive to get their way since they are all successful business people.

Oh yeah maybe I’m just being sensitive but this is an expensive hotel I’m staying at and the lady who was buying something at the hotel coffee shop asked for a whole lime, but the service worker brought a lemon and she’s like “limes are green” and was a little bitchy. Idk I think I’m just a sensitive person.

But is this your experience too or do I happen to be around a particularly entitled group of mostly aggro women? I told my mom there’s nothing wrong with complaining but she ended up paying the whole bill anyways, we couldn’t split the checks. And we also ended up waiting and going super late to the workshop anyway. So nothing really came of being rude to these people. And she got mad at me and told me not to be so judgmental. Idk

The staff noticed. They said nothing about it to your party, but they definitely talked about it in the kitchen and were probably told by a manager to suck it up.

Sounds like your mom's friends are fucking cunts.

No offense to your mom.

Continue to treat all people with dignity and use this as an example of how not to act.

I've seen plenty of well off men and woman who are bitch ass cunts over the years.

Men are slightly less likely to be this cunty because they can still get slapped (although some guys who've never been punched in the mouth are worse than any woman), but if they are rich enough any human can get this bad.

Poor narcissists tend to get kicked out of the restaurant a little earlier.

Last edited:
People who give service workers a hard time usually do it because of some deep seeded insecurity about not getting the respect they deserve. So what do they do? They go to a place where they’re a paying customer so that the respect is compulsory.

They usually end up in middle management. Some squeak through to the top. But they all get their food spit in.

I’m nice to service workers because I see people who are likely less fortunate than I. But the people who give them a hard time probably don’t have the capacity to empathize with them, so it’s good to remind them that those people are making their food, and they ultimately decide what goes in it.

I've worked in restaurant industry as a teen, but like to think that even if I hadn't my basic empathy for other humans would guide my respect.

Took the wife out for a date tonight, service was ok, food was awesome (good place and we'd been there before). I diplomatically begged our server to thank the kitchen staff for us on account of how outstanding the food was. I did not shit on him for his average service, what the fuck would be the point of that?

As a 6ft3, 260lb man, the bane of my existence used to be old, white women.

Rude and had zero respect for me as a human being. In seven years of low-paid customer service, 95% of issues were with them, aside from one young, black woman.

Then again, plenty of them were nice...
same for me, except it's not just old white women. The most difficult customers I have and the least understanding, no point telling them like things in the real world that effect my service like traffic or restaurants that don't have their order ready, or even maybe a missed exit. By and large though, most of the delivery customers never even have direct contact these days, post covid and although it's a pain sometime finding their door or their house it's still way better than shitty attitude.

This is fucked up.

I am not a rich person and I treat everyone that I meet with respect including service workers. I use manners greeting them, asking them how they are, and saying thank you. I leave at least 20% tips on all bills.

But, even if someone is an asshole just move on. Unless they physically touch you then just kill them with kindness.

When I deal with shitty waiters or food. I just take my money else where. I don’t get them in trouble with their superiors. Sometimes people just have really bad days or even bad lives.

I have a story this makes me think of and just how connected to those who had "bad lives". My sister was in a docu in the 80's called Streetwise, she was one of many people in it, the most popular was another girl named "Tiny". Well, I was doing delivery and went to a Denny's where they hadn't even seen the order much less started or completed it, guaranteeing that I either wait 20-30 mins or cancel. The waitress seemed a bit embarrassed and I cancelled. I'd be lying if I said those situations don't irk me but I usually don't say much, just cancel or wait, that's it. Anyway, I saw a recap docu on "Tiny", they were showing her life some 30 years later and a family arguement and there was the waitress, crying and telling her mom how her drugs ruined everyone's lives. I felt better in that moment that I just didn't do or say anything to her that day. Life is hard for all of us in one way or another, we just make it harder when we take every chance to shit on someone.

The staff noticed. They said nothing about it to your party, but they definitely talked about it in the kitchen and were probably told by a manager to suck it up.

Sounds like your mom's friends are fucking cunts.

No offense to your mom.

Continue to treat all people with dignity and use this as an example of how not to act.

I've seen plenty of well off men and woman who are bitch ass cunts over the years.

Men are slightly less likely to be this cunty because they can still get slapped (although some guys who've never been punched in the mouth are worse than any woman), but if they are rich enough any human can get this bad.

Poor narcissists tend to get kicked out of the restaurant a little earlier.
I was saying my moms friends didn’t notice

I was saying my moms friends didn’t notice

I got you.

I just wanted to point out that the staff DEFINATELY noticed and were too respectful to shove it in your parties' face.

I know you know that, I'm just elaborating for the record.

I had similar experiences. People that hate themselves for whatever reason tend to discharge their unhappiness on other people... service workers are just there and have to take it most of the time.

giphy.gif

They couldn't split the check ?

Couldn't they just use an app on their phones and ping money around ?

Or split the bill up roughly on a calculator and just give Dolores or whatever her name is $50 if she pays the bill?

A really rich person would just take care of the whole check, and tip nicely . . .

only mediocre richers do shit like complain to staff like that

A really rich person would just take care of the whole check, and tip nicely . . .

only mediocre richers do shit like complain to staff like that
What’s your definition of mediocre richers?
How wealthy we talking lol

@mozfonky well said.

Way too many demanding cunts now, glad I dont deal with customers but get to hear stories from the misses and people are just pieces of shit. Think the world revolves around them and get angry cos their problems cannot be dealt with immediately or dont think the need to book/line up like everyone else.

I try my best to be nice and will never take it out on a worker who is not at fault. That's the worst when they have no control over what's happening, just the poor sod in the middle getting the abuse.

Shit I'm not mr ray of sunshine smiling and greeting everyone but some damn common courtesy and manners makes a world of difference.

I used to work in a restaurant in my early 20s and it was kinda upscale but not too pricey that it was only for rich people. Usually the people who treated the waiters the worst were middle class people cosplaying rich but there were some rich assholes too. Long story short, the waiter would tell the kitchen "extra sauce" and that was code for a spit or some ball dandruff. I watched this happen nightly for about a year and they never knew they had a spit burger or spit pasta. Be nice to people!

So I’m at a convention for rich people right now. I’m attending with my mom who has always been a boss kinda woman, very demanding type of person.

Twice in two nights I watched my moms associates give servers a hard time now.
One was because we had 15 people at a table and they couldn’t split the check, only could split it three ways at most. We also stayed 1 hour past closing time but no one seemed to notice.

This second time at lunch we had an hour and a half of break before returning to a workshop class. Two of the cooks called out sick so we waited like an hour for food and we were all late to the workshop. It’s understandable to be mad or impatient in this scenario but they bitched at our poor server who had no control over this. Not to mention it was a Mexican restaurant and it was cinco de mayo. One lady straight up just left to go to the workshop on time without telling the server. She already ordered food so when the food came it just sat on the table and got wasted. The server took that off our check though. But yeah despite 4+ people bitching and saying it’s ridiculous how long we are waiting and blah blah blah to the server, nothing changed because of it. I’m down for bitching and karening it out if it gets results, but when something like this happens, there’s literally nothing you or the server can do. This one was kinda bad cuz you could tell he was hella stressed and probably hated us. He was nice to me though, gave me free guacamole.

I’m pretty embarrassed how oblivious old rich people are to others who serve them. Idk maybe they are just used to being aggressive to get their way since they are all successful business people.

Oh yeah maybe I’m just being sensitive but this is an expensive hotel I’m staying at and the lady who was buying something at the hotel coffee shop asked for a whole lime, but the service worker brought a lemon and she’s like “limes are green” and was a little bitchy. Idk I think I’m just a sensitive person.

But is this your experience too or do I happen to be around a particularly entitled group of mostly aggro women? I told my mom there’s nothing wrong with complaining but she ended up paying the whole bill anyways, we couldn’t split the checks. And we also ended up waiting and going super late to the workshop anyway. So nothing really came of being rude to these people. And she got mad at me and told me not to be so judgmental. Idk

Man i hate that shit. I joined this company two years ago and at the first conference I met the owner, seemed cool and very smart.

Anyway at the end the beers were being served and I suggested we get one and he yells out "Oi" and whistles at the waitress, "BEERS!" She came over and gave us two and he went on with the conversation, it was a massive red flag for me not gonna lie.

Honestly that's on you guys. If the waiter tells you there's going to be a wait becasue they're short staffed and you choose to stay, then you chose to wait.

If you knew you had somewhere to be, you should have just 'OK well we are on a schedule, so we'll eat somewhere else.'

Honestly that's on you guys. If the waiter tells you there's going to be a wait becasue they're short staffed and you choose to stay, then you chose to wait.

If you knew you had somewhere to be, you should have just 'OK well we are on a schedule, so we'll eat somewhere else.'
No one told us anything but I do think you are agreeing with the point of the thread

Back