Media Rickson Gracie is a guest on Rogans podcast

I wonder how Rickson developed his skills to the extent that he's seen as head and shoulders above the top blackbelts of the 1990s, when he became mostly an instructor and MMA fighter. Maybe it's just sheer talent, a talent in body mechanics, analogous to LeBron's court vision, Newton's math instinct, or Leonardo's drawing skills, something you can teach but you can't create the same outcomes in people who don't have it.

Rickson was way better than Royce. Should have been him in the UFC.

You didnt see the Documentary? Rickson was fighting in Japan at that time. They wanted to prove their Family art was the best so they went with Royce cause he was smaller and still got the job done.

You didnt see the Documentary? Rickson was fighting in Japan at that time. They wanted to prove their Family art was the best so they went with Royce cause he was smaller and still got the job done.

John McCarthy says that narrative was based on a false rumor (or a cover story) and the real reason was family drama.

Hickson Bless is all i can say...

Great podcast episode..

Sherdoggers can say whatever the fuck they want about the Gracies but anyone who really trains knows theyd give there left nut to be able to learn from Hickson even for a day never mind years...a real modern grand master

He’s doing press because his autobiography just dropped, anyone copped it yet?

I know the story lol I meant that figuratively

The most overrated fighter based on urban legends...cool lol

I remember when old school Sherdog played an April Fool's joke saying that Rickson was going to come back and fight.

Actually he did spout for quite some time and to defend the idiotic number he even counted bjj sparrings in the gym to bring up proof <Lmaoo> He went so far with this lie that even Helio got involved and scolded him in public. That should tell you everything that his own father was that annoyed.

Rickson was a great BJJ fighter at the beginning but even in BJJ as soon as the mundials started to pack talent he ran away like a bitch to secure his perfect record. Reality is that Royce is the best fighter by far in the Gracie family because he actually wasnt afraid to loose and fought real matches and because of that developed a lot more. He won some and lost some. Rickson always lived in fantasy land regarding his abilities and to protect this he wouldnt face anyone serious in mma or bjj but run his mouth about beating up Fedor...etc. The cult like behaviour in Gracie BJJ didnt help.

I agree to a point. His mma abilities was average at best . His bjj was good though. He beat Machado who was a great competitor.

In the early days of MMA everyone from Brazil had a crazy impossible record. It was like an arms race, if one guy was 150-0, you had to be 250-0. Rickson had to be 400-0 or he wouldn't be the best.

I think Mario Sperry was touting a 200-0 record before he lost to Igor Zinoviev.

I wonder how Rickson developed his skills to the extent that he's seen as head and shoulders above the top blackbelts of the 1990s, when he became mostly an instructor and MMA fighter. Maybe it's just sheer talent, a talent in body mechanics, analogous to LeBron's court vision, Newton's math instinct, or Leonardo's drawing skills, something you can teach but you can't create the same outcomes in people who don't have it.
All of them worked tirelessly to be great

All of them worked tirelessly to be great

Sure. My point is they clearly had exceptional intuition and creativity from an early age. Can't teach that; that's genius at work. If the Rickson stories are true it seems he's the big genius of jiujitsu.

Didn't he release a grappling DVD or have an online technique series? I always wondered what people thought about them.

People like to discredit rickson. But in reality the dude didn’t want to fight. Just do his bjj and live. Many people who have grappled with rickson attested to his superior skill and understanding of the game.
He claimed he could beat Mike Tyson in 1999. Even if true don't talk like that or claim you are 400-0 and not expect to have to back it up and just do your joo-jit-soo at your academy.

He claimed he could beat Mike Tyson in 1999. Even if true don't talk like that or claim you are 400-0 and not expect to have to back it up and just do your joo-jit-soo at your academy.
he would have probably easily beaten mike Tyson. One takedown.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back