Right to carry-conceal gun with no permit clears Wisconsin Senate panel.

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Concealed weapons could be carried in Wisconsin without a permit under a “right-to-carry” bill headed to the state Senate for a vote as soon as next month.

The Republican-controlled Senate Judiciary and Public Safety Committee voted 3-2 along party lines Tuesday to pass the measure. Democrats objected, saying it didn’t make sense to allow for the carrying of deadly weapons without any training or licensing requirements.

Current state law requires anyone who carries a concealed weapon to obtain a permit and get training. The bill retains that license for people who want to obtain it, but also allows for the carrying of a concealed weapon without obtaining a permit.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/19/carrying-concealed-weapons-without-permit-up-for-vote/

This is bullshit. I spent hours and money getting my CC. Now people could just skip all that and get to carry ? LOL

BTW, you leftists who are going to say this law will make it easier for bad guys to hide guns; guess what ? THEY WERE ALREADY CONCEALING TO BEGIN WITH.

When it comes to firearms; whenever people cry for licenses and training, because it would make us all safer, I find it funny.

How many times in your daily driving do licensed, insured and trained drivers piss you off, cut you off, come in your lane and tailgate you? Idiots are the problem in both cases

So Wisconsin will have basically the same law as Vermont has had for years; show the gun store your drivers license to prove residency, walk out with a loaded handgun in your pocket. Then Wisconsin will become the bloodbath that is Vermont.....oh wait....

This wouldn't work in a lot of states, for different reasons, but in some states it makes for a polite safe place. It seems either one extreme or the other works, either everyone might potentially be armed or nobody has guns. In the US it's faaaar too late to eliminate guns.

So Wisconsin will have basically the same law as Vermont has had for years; show the gun store your drivers license to prove residency, walk out with a loaded handgun in your pocket. Then Wisconsin will become the bloodbath that is Vermont.....oh wait....

This wouldn't work in a lot of states, for different reasons, but in some states it makes for a polite safe place. It seems either one extreme or the other works, either everyone might potentially be armed or nobody has guns. In the US it's faaaar too late to eliminate guns.
It sounds like you're saying the principals of a people depend on the ability of the people to use them responsibly.
Edgy!

Wisconsinite conceal carrier here. The "training" needed anyway was a joke. My hunters safety class I took when I was 12 years old in Minnesota counted

Basically just $40 and pass a background check and get your card mailed in a week later

Good for Wisconsin. Hawaii has no open carry and they refuse to issue the licenses for concealed.

I bet you are not allowed to carry in Wisconsin Congress or Governors building.
Funny how the ones that pass these laws have different ones for themselves.

I don't really understand why permits are necessary at all. How much extra training do you really need in order to have it with you? There already are background checks. Requiring a special permit seems designed just to generate revenue and perhaps deter more people from having a gun.

Christ, who needs a gun...

Because I guarantee that if I was determined to kill you, getting sprayed in the face with that would hurt like a bitch but even blinded I would get a hold of you and wildly stab you still

A gunman also trumps someone with bear spray. Please tell me this is satire?

I do have a hilarious story of a friend who sprayed his nuts with bear spray while Alaska and passed out in a snowbank from the pain so it's not light stuff. I wouldn't trust my life to it putting down a threat immediately tho

Because I guarantee that if I was determined to kill you, getting sprayed in the face with that would hurt like a bitch but even blinded I would get a hold of you and wildly stab you still

A gunman also trumps someone with bear spray. Please tell me this is satire?

I do have a hilarious story of a friend who sprayed his nuts with bear spray while Alaska and passed out in a snowbank from the pain so it's not light stuff. I wouldn't trust my life to it putting down a threat immediately tho
Bear spray is usually significantly weaker than other pepper sprays. Doesn't take much capsicum to persuade a bear to go elsewhere.

VT, AK, there are other states who do fine with that, already. Not a felon? Feel free to carry.

Bear spray is usually significantly weaker than other pepper sprays. Doesn't take much capsicum to persuade a bear to go elsewhere.
Huh, never would have thought bear spray was weaker.
Anyhow, have any of you sherdoggers gotten maced enough to build up an immunity?

Huh, never would have thought bear spray was weaker.

Yep. The ladies say Harvey Weinstein could maintain an erection and continue masturbating through multiple blasts of bear spray.

Well, the cop is not very smart is he? Turning his back on a suspect.

Because I guarantee that if I was determined to kill you, getting sprayed in the face with that would hurt like a bitch but even blinded I would get a hold of you and wildly stab you still. A gunman also trumps someone with bear spray. Please tell me this is satire?

Are you guys stupid? I'm talking about an unarmed assailant. No, if someone points a gun at me I'm not going to try to spray them. Get a hold of me (blinded) with a knife after getting sprayed? I doubt it. I can take that knife away from you even without spraying you. My belt alone would reach you before you reach me.

Do you live in Hawaii ? I've been there a few times on business and really enjoyed it.

Yes. Big Island. There's a case in the courts trying to force the state to issue concealed carry licenses to anyone who qualifies. The wheels of justice turn slowly. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back