News RIP Aniah Blanchard, Walt Harris' Daughter (2000-2019) | Three Suspects Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they'll meet their retribution in prison and I don't mean serving their sentence.

Really depressing to hear this news can't help not thinking about it. Followed this case from the beginning and I hoped she would be okay. Thoughts go to Walt and his family. Rip Aniah..

Dang, well that's entirely fucked up. I don't have children, but I felt that one. Which is only a small piece of what the Walt family are feeling. We have to build a better society on prevention (our community's sometimes suck and are apathetic, too). People who did this didn't just come out of thin air. Also, there were other things that were fucked up that could have at least been mitigated. I hope we all learn from shit like this that happen on the regular.

Im absolutely devastated by this. I cant imagine his pain right now.

Was that chevron she was at in a bad neighborhood? I can’t believe not a single person reported him taking her by force.

The death penalty is controversial, but for me if someone is clearly guilty beyond doubt of cold blooded murder then they need to be put down.
It won't stop these sick fucks from killing, but it sure as hell stops any repeat offenders.

RIP Aniah, all thoughts with her family.

That guy who witnessed the kidnapping but didn't call the cops should be held accountable as well, fucking sickening and cowardly.

Jesus. I have not followed the story lately and didn't know about that. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Was that chevron she was at in a bad neighborhood? I can’t believe not a single person reported him taking her by force.

Some guy testified (not long ago) that he saw suspect #1 abduct her but his wife told him to stay out of it. I wonder how his wife feels about it now.

This news today is obviously very sad and tragic end and it appears to have finally extinguished the small glimmer of hope that I think we all had as to the outcome.
-- At the very very least I hope that this young innocent girl (assuming it is in fact Aniah, or whoever in fact it may be) did not suffer for too long as she passed on from this life.

'Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord; and let light perpetual shine upon her'

This makes me so sad. I can only imagine how devastated her family is. l just hope they know that they are supported and loved by the MMA community and beyond. The strength they have shown during this process was uncanny and as a father of two myself...was so saddening.

I had been on the websleuth website thread(s) on and off for weeks trying to follow whatever details emerged. It was touching to see how many folks were trying to hivemind this shit to try and get some answers for her and her family. It sounds like she was a very special person who had positively impacted the lives of many. It is so incredibly unfortunate that she was targeted like this...and for what. Absolutely disgusting. It is stuff like this that makes me question the value of humankind some times.

Finally, thank you to the mods/admin who put the thread banner back up after people like myself and others voiced our frustration a couple of weeks ago. While we were certainly hoping for a better outcome...it was the right thing to do until there was some closure on this.

RIP Aniah

Been following this from day one, quietly checking in and praying for good news..My heart goes out to Walt and his family, nothing anyone can say or do will relieve their pain..I want to express my anger and rage , but it will serve no one. RIP pretty lady...

Dammit, what a tragedy....

The world is a scary place man.

Fucking sick people on this planet capable of such vile acts.

I hope they get the worst punishment possible and get fucked up badly in prison.

Rest in peace Aniah.

One moment Walt is training for the biggest fight of his career, probably really enjoying life, enjoying every day. The next, he is plunged into a living hell, the absolute worst suffering a person can go through.

It is extremely difficult to come to terms with the brutal unpredictable nature of life, how things can change so quickly and in the worst possible way, and no matter what changes, we're never even a single step closer to understanding why. The pain in which Aniah's family is currently going through is impossible to understand. It's all so unfair.

RIP, and my warmest thoughts and love go out to the family.

Yea its pretty messed up...he was at UFC Boston just the week before and he walked by us multiple times. Was generous enough to stop for photos, give high-fives, and chit-chat. He was in good spirits and really excited for his upcoming fight.

RIP. This is so sad. I really feel for her Mom and Dad.

Clear case of the Death Penalty IMO. Personally think the judge that let him off on bail should be held accountable as well (fired/disbarred), if not prison time. Tired of hearing about these judges that go lenient on monsters.

Saw this posted on websleuths

Just saw a video from a local reporter Elizabeth White...AF was changed in 2005 with capital murder, pled guilty and only served 3 years!!!! How can this be!!!! It's posted on her facebook page
gotto make room for the potheads :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back