News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

It's scary how amazing athletes can fade young all the same as a result of disease.

Goes to show the vulnerability of the organism, despite genetic and athletic ability.

i always wondered about this stuff. i grew up with 2 brothers who ended up winning 3 super bowls between them. but one of them, the one who actually won 2 super bowls had to retire due to kidney problems. the other brother retired to give his sick brother a kidney. they had a younger brother die from an apparent heart attack at like 22 yrs old and a sister who is now in her 20s who had a scholarship for volleyball now on dialysis.

when i was younger i always thought having good genes meant you're superior in athletics, but since seeing so many athletes get sick, i think people who never get sick are the ones who have good genes.

That, and looking at everyone that lives very long lives (like past 90) are generally very small in stature.

Makes ya wonder if being big is more of a curse than a blessing.

By the way, it hasn't been mentioned in the heavies but Kevin Conroy, the iconic voice of Batman for over 30 years, also passed away two days ago. 66 years old. I guarantee Rumble also watched the 90s Batman Animated Series as a kid.

R.I.P. to two legends, of their own respected crafts.

you might be right there regarding size. Large dog breeds generally dont live no where near as a long as the small breeds.

rip anthony, was a pleasure to have you around.

Man that's horrible, he will forever be remembered as one of the most terrifying figures the sport has ever seen. RIP Rumble.

Wow.

He was a year older than me, but that is still so young to go. Especially since he has always looked so strong, even at 170.

RIP

Reactions: MT7
Rest in peace. Man was one of my favorites LHWs of all time. Its crazy to think he's gone.

Awful news. Monstrous puncher, always fun to watch. Way too young.

qsjlf8.gif

9fEN.gif

2djp6p3.gif

YellowEcstaticKilldeer-size_restricted.gif

Got kinda teary eyed gathering these.

Back