News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

Sad to see, he was so young too. If he wasn't in the middle of the Jones/DC era, arguably the two best LHWs of all time in terms of peak ability, he would have been LHW champ.

you might be right there regarding size.

Oh I know I'm right.

Fat people don't live long, generally.
And remember the quote - "Have you ever met an old giant?"

These gigantic 300+ pound athletes like NFL linemen and Brock Lesnar usually have big health issues that cut their lives much shorter than the average lifespan, not to mention the bodybuilders that have been dropping like flies in recent years.

In short, the more excess stress you put your body in (beyond regular exercise) the shorter it lasts (GENERALLY, there's always exceptions).

how terrible, I remember his KOs, early in his career, like over Yoshida. incredible KO power. RIP.

RIP Rumble Johnson

Mannn... I was so, SOOOOO hyped to see Rumble VS Jon Jones

We never got that one, did we. One of a kind. Will be missed

Damn. Gone way too soon. This is very sad to hear

Got my answer. Rip brother. I just find it hard to believe there were no cancer clinics able enough to do anything

He had a spot in the UFC for as long as he wanted, and then one night he announced his retirement for a "dream job."

The next time I heard from him he was posting pics with guys like this and looking swole.... Literally... Swollen.
Anthony-Johnson.png

I hope the shit these guys pump into their bodies wasn't what caused Anthony's illness, he was one hell of a fighter and I never missed a card he was on!

Back