Social RIP Toby Keith

Plebs usually do victory laps when a rich person dies. Whether or not he's racist, I can't comment on. But it's pathetic nonetheless.

Let's be honest, there's a racial aspect here too. As far as some of these guys, 'racist' is just code for 'white' to them. It's how they excuse themselves for their own rampant racism.

I'm not spitting on his grave, like some in this thread, but I REALLY didn't like Toby Keith.

Namely, I was in Army basic training, and just completed the final rucksack march, and I'd rather not go into detail exactly how injured I was but lets just say no one wasn't limping and everyone's feet were hamburger... completely bleeding and blistered.

And immediately after that they did a ceremony... and they played 'American Soldier.'

[Verse 1]
I'm just trying to be a father
Raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother
Everything to everyone
Up and at them bright and early
I'm all business in my suit
Yeah, I'm dressed for success
From my head down to my boots

[Verse 2]
I don't do it for money there's still bills that I can't pay
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway
Providing for our future's my responsibility
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be
And I can't call in sick on Mondays
When the weekends been to strong
I just work straight through the holidays
And sometimes all night long

[Verse 3]
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey I'm true down to the core
And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice
Oh, and I don't want to die for you
But if dying's asked of me
I'll bear that cross with honor
Cause freedom don't come free

[Chorus]
I'm an American soldier, an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right
I'm out here on the front lines, so sleep in peace tonight
American soldier, I'm an American
An American
An American Soldier

I can't say how much I fucking hate this song.

I guarantee you whomever wrote this shit never served a day in the armed forces because its more of a parody than anywhere close to an accurate representation of the mentality of anyone that's ever been in the military... its what they want civilians to believe it is... so its a form of 'support our troops' mindless propaganda and a way to support enlistment. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a part of a CIA psyop.

And Toby Keith, who never served, writing and singing this song earning him tens of millions is the worst case of Stolen Valor imaginable.

So, fuck Tobey Keith.
And said the same before he died, and I'm saying it afterward.

It's just what he does. He doesn't actually add anything and just tries to turn everything into flame wars.
Yeah we got into it a few times and he always came out looking like an idiot. I haven’t talked to him in a while but it seems like every week or so he quotes some random post I made and says something asinine about it.

He’s clearly butthurt still and has it out for me. I often wonder if he thinks these dumb nettling comments he’s making are good “gotchas” or not. Oh well. Keep being mad I guess bro

Tobe Keith was incredible. He will be remembered right up there with Cash, Willie and Waylon.

He probably was a Democrat 20 years ago before democrats jumped the shark and became total nut jobs

Let's be honest, there's a racial aspect here too. As far as some of these guys, 'racist' is just code for 'white' to them. It's how they excuse themselves for their own rampant racism.
I mean, country music is geared towards southern folk. The same folk who fought a war to keep slavery alive. It's possible the generational hate was passed down. But I don't recall Keith ever being embroiled in any racial controversy, unlike Hilary or Biden.

Back