Social RIP Toby Keith

Crazy what incredible pieces of shit the left are comfortable with being these days. I can't remember a single conservative public figure that has died since I've been here that hasn't had a bunch of libs celebrating it.

You guys really need to get your lives together.
You realize most everyone in OKC is as far right as you'll see? It's his own kind celebrating that he's gone.

You mean the guy who wrote lyrics glamorizing lynchings and police shootings wasn’t a great guy?
I'd be lying if I said I was very familiar with his music. Country is probably the genre I care about the least (although I'm a huge Hank Williams Sr fan). I Ain't as Good as I Once Was is OK, I have a nice personal memory that just happens to be linked to that song, indirectly. I remember Should've Been a Cowboy bc Oklahoma State plays it anytime they beat OU at anything, Toby having been a big OU guy, and OSU being the Cowboys. Aside from that, I've always been indifferent. I didn't realize he was that hated that locally until now, but it wasn't the first time I'd heard someone bring up that he was a jerk.

Me, personally, and even though people here are responding to my post with really far out posts that are proof that many in the WR are autists who don't know what they're talking about (liberals in Oklahoma? LOL/I'm about as liberal as it gets here, and I'm neutral and hate everyone), if he was a huge asshole during his life, I imagine that he spent a lot of time over the last few years reflecting on who he has been, and I imagine if he was a jerk, he was remorseful. I don't personally wish the guy went to Hell or anything. But the people making the comments about him being gone and fuck him, they're basing those statements off of personal experience and interaction with him, not just what they know about him from the media, like the people getting fucked up about it here.

Anyway, good to see you, Pumpkin. I don't come here often, bc I'm well aware nothing of importance happens in this forum, just OT for people into politics and social issues.

As noted, I'm a fan of Toby Keith, and I don't recall any of his songs glamorizing lynching and police shootings.
“Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree,
Round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street
For all the people to see”

“We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
Too much corruption and crime in the streets
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground”

You realize most everyone in OKC is as far right as you'll see? It's his own kind celebrating that he's gone.
There are 446,627 registered voters in Oklahoma County. 185k of those are republicans.

There is no way that "most everyone in OKC" is as far right as you'll see . . . rural Oklahoma? Sure. But not OKC or Tulsa.

And pushing this notion that liberals don't exist in the state? Come on man . . . you've seen some of the Democrats we've elected to State offices haven't you? They just get drowned out by the most ridiculous folks in the GOP.

Find a tall oak tree,

Why leave out this part before the first line you posted? Or fail to mention that the verse was sung by Willie Nelson?

"Grandpappy told my pappy back in the day, son a man had to answer for the wicked he [has] done"

Why leave out this part before the first line you posted? Or fail to mention that the verse was sung by Willie Nelson?

"Grandpappy told my pappy back in the day, son a man had to answer for the wicked he [has] done"
Why leave out what? It’s about reminiscing about lynching lol

Find a tall oak tree,

I believe that's more about what to do with gangsters after the court finds them guilty. As in we should be hanging them . Which sounds like a good idea when you do drive by and kill kids and shit.

I see no problem with a long drop and a short rope.

I loved how he supported our military. He did numerous USO shows. I never saw him in concert, but I did eat at one of his restaurants in Vegas

My favorite Toby Keith song was Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue. RIP Toby

God damn that video really is a glimpse into the past

I've seen him in concert twice. Put on a great show and sounded exactly like his produced stuff. There was no recording studio magic when it came to his talent.

I always liked Greg Giraldo's joke about Toby on the comedy central roast

I just want to thank Toby Keith for taking time away from spitting on Mexicans to be here.

There are 446,627 registered voters in Oklahoma County. 185k of those are republicans.

There is no way that "most everyone in OKC" is as far right as you'll see . . . rural Oklahoma? Sure. But not OKC or Tulsa.

And pushing this notion that liberals don't exist in the state? Come on man . . . you've seen some of the Democrats we've elected to State offices haven't you? They just get drowned out by the most ridiculous folks in the GOP.
Yeah, my post took liberties, Tulsa is obviously the most liberal city in the region, but there aren't exactly a huge liberal push around OKC. But the POVs I've cited, those people aren't liberals. Most "liberals" here are still mostly conservative, as you probably understand.

The real thing that got my goat about the posts I responded to, and ignored, are that it immediately becomes a political situation, from the start. Like thinking someone was an asshole ultimately means they subscribe to a political ideology opposite of the person they're attacking. I mean, everyone is an asshole, or not, irrespective of their personal beliefs. Character plays more into that than any outspoken belief or situation.

I don't generally join in on dancing on the dead. They're gone, who cares. He's never been someone who had a lot of favor around his hometown, he's had a reputation for being racist and a bully since the 80's, and towards children, as an adult. I don't think the powwows I've seen harping on it are necessary, but, you know how it goes. Reap what you sow.

lol... Ok buddy

Kris said he didn't remember this so called interaction with Toby. Toby said it never happened. Kristoffersons wife is not a reliable source. Anyone have a source to what Willie has to say about this?

Kristofferson was not a Veteran Veteran. He wanted to go but they didn't give him orders so he got out. He was a captain and a chopper pilot.

The story came from Rolling Stone... Which has zero credibility

They broke the Fake News on

- UV Rape Story
- The Wyoming ER being filled with Ivermectin OD's, leaving gunshot victims outside during Sub-zero weather
- Trump Employee's used burner phones on Jan 6th

They lie about conservatives on a regular basis... lol

Find a tall oak tree,

I stand corrected. Those are some damning lyrics.

I'd be lying if I said I was very familiar with his music. Country is probably the genre I care about the least (although I'm a huge Hank Williams Sr fan). I Ain't as Good as I Once Was is OK, I have a nice personal memory that just happens to be linked to that song, indirectly. I remember Should've Been a Cowboy bc Oklahoma State plays it anytime they beat OU at anything, Toby having been a big OU guy, and OSU being the Cowboys. Aside from that, I've always been indifferent. I didn't realize he was that hated that locally until now, but it wasn't the first time I'd heard someone bring up that he was a jerk.

Me, personally, and even though people here are responding to my post with really far out posts that are proof that many in the WR are autists who don't know what they're talking about (liberals in Oklahoma? LOL/I'm about as liberal as it gets here, and I'm neutral and hate everyone), if he was a huge asshole during his life, I imagine that he spent a lot of time over the last few years reflecting on who he has been, and I imagine if he was a jerk, he was remorseful. I don't personally wish the guy went to Hell or anything. But the people making the comments about him being gone and fuck him, they're basing those statements off of personal experience and interaction with him, not just what they know about him from the media, like the people getting fucked up about it here.

Anyway, good to see you, Pumpkin. I don't come here often, bc I'm well aware nothing of importance happens in this forum, just OT for people into politics and social issues.

Yeah, my post took liberties, Tulsa is obviously the most liberal city in the region, but there aren't exactly a huge liberal push around OKC. But the POVs I've cited, those people aren't liberals. Most "liberals" here are still mostly conservative, as you probably understand.

The real thing that got my goat about the posts I responded to, and ignored, are that it immediately becomes a political situation, from the start. Like thinking someone was an asshole ultimately means they subscribe to a political ideology opposite of the person they're attacking. I mean, everyone is an asshole, or not, irrespective of their personal beliefs. Character plays more into that than any outspoken belief or situation.

'Took liberties' is a fun way to say 'lied.'

Back