RIZIN: Heisei's Last Yarennoka. NYE in the morning

Well, that came out of nowhere after CroCop said RIZIN's budget for the year is basically spent with the Tenshin - Mayweather fight (correct me if I'm wrong).
Let's see what the theme of the show is and how they build the fight card.

Well, that came out of nowhere after CroCop said RIZIN's budget for the year is basically spent with the Tenshin - Mayweather fight (correct me if I'm wrong).

You're right that's what he said, it's just not the truth - they could have afforded him but chose not to under the circumstances - they needed money for a solid under- and midcard more than for another headliner, since they already had two of those and figured that Cro Cop wouldnt get enough additional people watching that werent gonna already tune in for either Tenshin v Floyd (the casuals) or Horiguchi v Caldwell (the hardcores) to justify his asking price.

When will the Floyd-Tenshin fight be US time? And which day?

Bizarre.

Last edited:
So, buds, how does Fite.TV handle this situation? Do they stream the early card and charge $20 a piece for each card? Will there be some kind of package deal where you can buy both events for a discounted price? Will the early event be streamed at all?

Anyone have any idea?

You're right that's what he said, it's just not the truth - they could have afforded him but chose not to under the circumstances - they needed money for a solid under- and midcard more than for another headliner, since they already had two of those and figured that Cro Cop wouldnt get enough additional people watching that werent gonna already tune in for either Tenshin v Floyd (the casuals) or Horiguchi v Caldwell (the hardcores) to justify his asking price.
I'm happy the way things turned out for Cro Cop. Rather him fight in Bellator and continue his revenge tour

So, buds, how does Fite.TV handle this situation? Do they stream the early card and charge $20 a piece for each card? Will there be some kind of package deal where you can buy both events for a discounted price? Will the early event be streamed at all?

Anyone have any idea?

There doesn't seem to be indication about Fite.TV streaming this one. It isn't on there website, but Rizin's Reddit account said an announcement is coming soon.

The presser for the NYE morning card is coming is coming up in 4 hours.

Anyone have any idea?
I'll reach out to Fite tomorrow (if the presser doesn't address it) and find out.

Japan NYE back in the early oughts was the best. 2 or 3 significant shows. Awesome.

Back