News RIZIN NYE: around 20 fights, more foreigners, 100% arena capacity, announcements in early Dec

Sakakibara:
- Luis Gustavo, Musaev, Keramov, J. Case and another Brazilian were on the card until they were not.
- Aware that some match ups might be criticized , but given the situation and the short term planning its the best they can do.
- Extremely difficult to plan the event, but have big plans for next year.
- Crowdfunding for foreign fighters as they are not able to fight for Rizin.
- Another 6-7 fights will be announced next week.

Yachi;
- Is aware that he shouldn't be fighting for the title, but wont decline the chance either.

for the fighter introductions, they should film the foriegners picking up local girls, so the crowd is thirsty for blood..

matching up foreigners against local D-list celebreties and youtube personalites is a no brainer. I am pretty sure that there are enough foreigners in Japan's sports leagues (including Sumo) to create the best NYE card ever...this card is basically what DEEP would do if they wanted to do a NYE super show...

well, yosuke said, ‘6-7 more fights announced’, which gives them time. DEEP would have a better card, because they would throw in comedy fights. Rizin needs to scout a bit like the old days. Find some foreigners. Guys with face tats. Giant white guys. Weathermen.

well, yosuke said, ‘6-7 more fights announced’, which gives them time. DEEP would have a better card, because they would throw in comedy fights. Rizin needs to scout a bit like the old days. Find some foreigners. Guys with face tats. Giant white guys. Weathermen.

Yeah i agree, DEEP would also make it free. I remember watching DEEP jewels (girls only) for free online, they had an unexperienced idol on the card and it was great fun. Better than the average RIZIN show for sure.

RIZIN needs to find some scary foreigners ASAP or this is the last show they ever do on NYE

Yeah i agree, DEEP would also make it free. I remember watching DEEP jewels (girls only) for free online, they had an unexperienced idol on the card and it was great fun. Better than the average RIZIN show for sure.

RIZIN needs to find some scary foreigners ASAP or this is the last show they ever do on NYE

smackgirl promoted better than Rizin. Still holding out hope that some foreigners can be dug up. We know they’re around.

Imagine sitting down with your family on NYE, grandma, little sister, auntie all there..and your family, instead of celebrating NYE or watching some funny variety show that your little sister and auntie want to watch are instead watching some bland fighting show with no variety or excietment because 9/10 of the fighters are local, small framed men with 0 celebrity status and the personality of dry paint. ..FUJI TV viewers can at least watch some entertaining ads...but those who ordered the PPV will have to suffer through the 6 hour long blur during which they will probably do some heavy reflection on why they even watch fight sports on NYE.

I don't care if the borders are shut, I remember one of the first RIZIN shows, Tenshin fought and crushed some can, then asked if he can be on the next show in 48 hours and was booked to fight again then and there...RIZIN used to do this kind of stuff and that's what made it great...they were dynamic..they didn't have a great roster but they had great energy and variety..you felt pumped up after RIZIN shows...today's RIZIN feels like a drag, they do shows because they have arenas booked, TV contracts signed etc, not because they have anything entertaining to offer...if people think I am being a crybaby try and find me a worse major NYE JMMA show....

People used to get hyped for RIZIN conferences, especially NYE ones..
these days it's like..oh no..what's the bad news..

Asakura brothers, hamasaki, Roberto Souza on the same card is guaranteed to be a great show for the situation at least.

Although...... I strongly believe that the bjj world champ needs a better opponent than yachi who just gets in there to last longer to prove something that only matters to himself.

I definitely expect rizin to plan dream cards that mean more than mma event. I read about the arrest of a well known female singer who made a huge dent on the medical emergency vehicle by kicking it with her toe. Combine elite mma fighting with inspirational characters whose spirits can make impressions.

matching up foreigners against local D-list celebreties and youtube personalites is a no brainer. I am pretty sure that there are enough foreigners in Japan's sports leagues (including Sumo) to create the best NYE card ever...this card is basically what DEEP would do if they wanted to do a NYE super show...
accurate
https://www.sherdog.com/events/Deep-Dream-Impact-2014-Omisoka-Special-41335
except Kitaoka vs Yoshida is a better fight than anything on this card

I know there's the no foreigners thing but if that just means no Gustavo, Musayev or Johnny Case then it's irrelevant. all great fighters but don't get my dick hard for a NYE show.

besides, NYE is meant for big fights AND freak show matches. if there's no big fights to be made then go all out freak show. get some sumo's, pro wrestlers, baseball players. hell, have the Asakura bros face each other in an exhibition bout. anything.

Asakura brothers, hamasaki, Roberto Souza on the same card is guaranteed to be a great show for the situation at least.

Although...... I strongly believe that the bjj world champ needs a better opponent than yachi who just gets in there to last longer to prove something that only matters to himself.

I definitely expect rizin to plan dream cards that mean more than mma event. I read about the arrest of a well known female singer who made a huge dent on the medical emergency vehicle by kicking it with her toe. Combine elite mma fighting with inspirational characters whose spirits can make impressions.
Kazuyoshi Miura (super famous footballer)'s son is supposed to be fighting on the card too. Thats what you people want, right?

They promised foreigners and said they had 10 booked for bouts and literally two days later the government said they are closing the country because off omri. Nothing Rizin could really do.
Thanks for the explanation. Pretty big letdown, but I understand.

Better idea, Kanna Askura vs the Rizin ring girl who Tenshin cheated on her with

see, these are good ideas. I wish we could get them to Rizin execs. If only that scumbag Tany was still around. He used to answer emails

I never knew Naoki Inoue had a short stint in the UFC, I suppose he was on those Singapore cards where they were really trying to push for the asian market

I'm surprised they don't have Tsuyoshi Sudario fighting (that sumo heavyweight that trains with Enson Inoue), but I guess he did just get a win in October

I never knew Naoki Inoue had a short stint in the UFC, I suppose he was on those Singapore cards where they were really trying to push for the asian market

I'm surprised they don't have Tsuyoshi Sudario fighting (that sumo heavyweight that trains with Enson Inoue), but I guess he did just get a win in October
Sudario had an injury (leg?), so he was in the hospital

Back