Road House Remake Discussion Thread Starring Conor McGregor

I kept smoking more frequently as the movie went on. And I go outside for that. By the time it was said, and done. It took me 4 hours to watch a 2 hour movie.

I was completely baked the whole last half. It made it bearable. I’m sorry, but Conor’s character, and his acting were atrocious.

But, you can’t critique fairly unless you actually watch something. So I bit the bullet, and watched. And I didn’t listen to what others said before I watched it, myself.

And I really did enjoy the original. This film did not do it justice, imo.
I still didn’t finish it.

This is a joke, right? Talk about a terrible take. Cmon man. Be better than this.

Anyway, Road House is unnecessary, boring, flat and contrived. A real true, 4/10. One of the worst movies I've seen in some time. It lacked any and all humor, whether it be unintentional or not. There was zero chemistry between the leads. Everything from the acting to the bands they chose at the bar to the fight scenes to the one liners were bland and wooden. When you consider that Doug Liman has made some great movies over the years and the talent involved, it's remarkable how bad this is. It's truly terrible.
Glad I didn't watch it, I wouldn't have anyway. Not when they have movies like Dune 2 and The Creator I can watch. Thanks for the rundown.

Just saw it. Oh wow, the acting is can level for sure. It's like they hired a bunch of junior college students to fill the cast. Really bad production as well, like someone used Dana's fight of the night bonus to fund this hot mess.

Script is also hilariously bad. Jake is not even trying to act; he kind of just punch drunkedly mumbles his way through his inane lines like he's half asleep. You can see the pain in his face as he contemplates how the fuck his career got him here. I bet he wishes he was still lying flat dogged on Brokeback Mountain. He clearly doesn't give a shit, and neither should you.

Don't wait for any kind of plot or character development. It kind of just trolls along from one scene to the next: one bar fight after another, then some live band you never heard of, then another fight, and then a boat chase. Random people and things just pop in from time to time for no reason, like the cut scenes of Jake's previous life as a Midwest regional level mma fighter; the shitty owner who would rather keep her shitty bar despite it being a cesspool; the Boise 8 doc with the shitty accent; or Big Dick, another useless as fuck character who is actually the doc's dad. I think he's some kind of bad cop who turns back into a good cop? Eh, who gives a fook.

Speaking of not giving a fook, there's also Conor. Oh lord help us. He's like a live action GTA NPC. Glad they gave him only a few lines; he might've gassed out if he had more. Fans of his will enjoy his bird pecs on full display. And I know some of you here have wondered what Conor's bare ass looks like...well now you know. Happy circle jerking!

I guess it's not a bad way fill in 90 minutes of your life if you've got absolutely nothing else to do. Or, you can just watch the original road house and not regret one single second.

I just started watching the new Ghostbusters movie. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire.

It better be better than Road House 2024.

Finally finished watching this turd.

should rename it outhouse.
I'm watching it right now and just saw Conors introduction. I'm not even a McGregor hater, but I was an actor, and knowing that these were the best takes they got of him makes me wonder how terrible the other ones were.

It was meh... Calling it a remake is not accurate. They took the basic story and retold it worse

Even the action fell short. There's so much better things to do with your time.
Haha, dropped in to see the Conor haters squirm under the weight of their cognitive bias and was not disappointed. One of the OG haters still giving up free rent in his head to The Notorious. Hollywood King Conor bless.

Haha, dropped in to see the Conor haters squirm under the weight of their cognitive bias and was not disappointed. One of the OG haters still giving up free rent in his head to The Notorious. Hollywood King Conor bless.

Nuthuggers never change, lol.

Conor was at least entertaining playing a Leprechaun high on an eight ball. The stunt casting worked. Nothing else did.

Was a fun movie. Conor's parts were really funny. Overall I really enjoyed this movie don't get the hate. I'd recommend for sure.

Conor did well for his first role. I think he could be a good movie star.

People think casting a pointless bartender (often women in real life) is woke ?

How about taking a wood/driver to a table ... like it wouldn't shatter the golf club.

How about these wizards waking up to ...

why a roid monkey would grab a pool noodle to smash up a bar,
and kill his own employer's son, for no reason.

This mafia hitman ... killing the mafia (kid) who hired him.
No reason. No logic. Nothing to do with a bar named Road House.

Jake has to murder A FRIEND on PPV live ... in the UFC main event ?
The fuck kind of woke is this ?

Just seems stupid over-all,
not hinging on what gender/race a bartender is.
The plot made no sense 6 times in the first hour,
and a total of 15 times when the final credits roll.

There is still no need to concern about who played the bartender...

when you got lines for Conor like "hello band!" (like this is the shining),
"i love clubbing" holding the wrong golf club for damage,
or the trailer gem "our own little octagon" describing a dingy.

Surprised this wasn't a straight to vhs Steven Segal movie.
I was very unpleased at him breaking the gansters neck like that, also lol at the dingy part, who taught you shapes?

Every Mcgregor line was waaaayyy offfff and sounded so so so bad, also extremely non-scary.

Are you aussie btw casualbot or do they say dingy in other parts of the worls as well?

Very poor compared to the original. No reason to like Dalton or any other character in the movie. Just really bad.

I was very unpleased at him breaking the gansters neck like that, also lol at the dingy part, who taught you shapes?

Every Mcgregor line was waaaayyy offfff and sounded so so so bad, also extremely non-scary.

Are you aussie btw casualbot or do they say dingy in other parts of the worls as well?

born irish citizen, canadian since the 1980s.

Said "ghettoblaster" the other week and the younger dudes lost it.
Needless to say, felt old & confused.

Not 100% sure if canadians consistently say dingy,
as there are a few terms/phrases that seem to make people do a doubletake.
Always assumed it was being old and irish background.

Literally taught people about Borat & Ali G years before it crossed the pond.
Speaking of Aussies, did the same with Big Lez & Jonah from Tonga.

As for that road house movie...
makes the original look like a masterpiece.

Had no expectation, 7/10. People are harsh 😂what the fuck did you expect from Mcgregor? That he acts like Denzel???

Nuthuggers never change, lol.

Conor was at least entertaining playing a Leprechaun high on an eight ball. The stunt casting worked. Nothing else did.
His horrible acting can only be topped by the speed up/slowed down/cgi they used for the fight scenes. Ya know, the very thing he should be able to do.

Again, this is an Idiot Alert thread now.

Back