Movies ROAD HOUSE Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (Official Trailer)

I love Gyllenhaal and will watch this. I don't like Conor but don't hate this casting.

Weird it's called Road House and it doesn't have any of the flavor of the original, Gyllenhaal here is nothing like who Swayze played. Swayze was the cool, measured pro bouncer who had seen it all.

The bit where he told the guy to lean back to avoid the knife then punch seems like a super cool way to get a friend killed.

- I think Swayze woundt being able to pull a single coordinate move, was what made the original fun. He was a super-badass guy, whose fight prowess, would make Christian Bale fight scenes look like Ken Lo!

Conor definitely throws me out of the immersion of a movie. Like I’m watching Mcgregor act like himself instead of focusing on the movie.

Although as an mma fan it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Because it cracks me up and I’m thoroughly entertained anyway

- Could be worst. We almost got Nic Cage as Super-man with a script from awful Kevin Smith!

Everyone is acting like the first one was OScar worthy lmao. It was a cheesy enjoyable action movie. This has an A list actor in it so it should at least be a decent action movie. Connor has personality for the role and should at least be as good as this cheeseball:

View attachment 1026153
This 'cheeseball' was a legit guy. He was a NATO heavyweight kickboxing champion, ex military, ex cop...hell he was even a firearms instructor a few years back.
He also made his character memorable.

It looks pretty damn awful to be honest but i like bad action movies lowkey so i will watch but probably will have some rum before and while watching.

Jimmy, "I used to fuck guys like you in prison!"

Dalton, "You are such an asshole!"
giphy.gif

This 'cheeseball' was a legit guy. He was a NATO heavyweight kickboxing champion, ex military, ex cop...hell he was even a firearms instructor a few years back.
He also made his character memorable.
He was still a fucking cheeseball. Connor is a world champion in 2 weight classes, is that not legit? You don't think Connor can act at least as good as Jimmy who had 6 lines?

He was still a fucking cheeseball. Connor is a world champion in 2 weight classes, is that not legit? You don't think Connor can act at least as good as Jimmy who had 6 lines?
Connor is also a drunken bell end that beats old men and has trouble controlling himself. He is shorter and likely smaller than the lead actor.
Who knows if he can act? He looks like he is just turning up and being himself and saying the lines.
I'm sure Connor's dick doesn't taste as great as you seem to think, but hey, you'll wear your red panties and enjoy the movie regardless of its quality I suspect.

The dislike of this trailer reminds me of the dislike of The Fall Guy adaptation trailer. In both cases, I just thought that it looked about as decent as a remake/reinterpretation that no one really asked for of those particular properties could be.

Conor definitely looks to be doing his typical sort of schtick. Jake though is a legitimately good actor and usually gives a very good performance even in some of his more middle-of-the-road films.

Doug Liman is a good director, too. Go, Bourne Identity, and Edge of Tomorrow are fun films. This one will probably be worth a watch.

The dislike of this trailer reminds me of the dislike of The Fall Guy adaptation trailer. In both cases, I just thought that it looked about as decent as a remake/reinterpretation that no one really asked for of those particular properties could be.

Conor definitely looks to be doing his typical sort of schtick. Jake though is a legitimately good actor and usually gives a very good performance even in some of his more middle-of-the-road films.

Doug Liman is a good director, too. Go, Bourne Identity, and Edge of Tomorrow are fun films. This one will probably be worth a watch.

Yeah Liman has made some really good movies. I'm a bit surprised he wanted to do this but Soderbergh went and made Haywire with Carano so...

Conor is doing the Conor schtick but doing it in front of a movie camera requires some ability and he seems to have that to some degree. Based on that trailer alone he was better than any line I have ever seen delivered by Couture, Carano or Rousey.

Even people cast for their acting can fail at these over the top characters. For example I really didn't like Evil Ed in the original Fright Night. And Gyllenhaal is almost 100% reliable but he can deliver shit with bad direction. He sucked ass in Okja.

But then some people with limited acting background can come in out of nowhere like Rick Zumwalt in Over the Top, Mr. T as Clubber Lang, Buzzsaw in The Running Man, even Carl Weathers at the time in Rocky and hit those kind of roles out of the park.

I actually like the look of the fight scenes. Looks like we're going to actually see them instead of the shaky cam, 100 cuts Bourne Identity gimmick.

The only thing I had a problem with is Dalton giving the kid advice on how to deal with a knife attack,

"Just take a big step back and pop him in the face"

And the kid pulls it off flawlessly. In reality, even highly-trained martial artists who have spent years practicing knife defence can get fucked up if they have to do it for real.

Just like Vince McMahon with an empty colon, this one is straight to streaming.

Everybody saying this looks bad must not be familiar with Doug Liman's work. Look up his filmography, the dude makes good movies, and he just recently said he thinks Roadhouse might be his best work. And he's pissed this isn't getting a theatrical release...that says a lot. This will be good.

"When Road House opens the SXSW film festival, I won’t be attending. The movie is fantastic, maybe my best, and I’m sure it will bring the house down and possibly have the audience dancing in their seats during the end credits. But I will not be there. "

Back