Road to UFC (TUF Japan) Discussion

under_t

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Road to UFC (TUF Japan) will start tonight.
The talent level is not so good but it's curious how UFC change format for Japanese TV.

Cast members of Road to UFC

Akiyo Nishiura (13-8)
Hiroto Uesako (10-5)
Teruto Ishihara (7-2)
Mizuto Hirota (17-7)
Nobumitsu Osawa (8-3)
Tatsunao Nagakura (11-5)
Tatsuya Ando (3-0)
Daiki Hata (17-9)

On fight pass the QFs just ended. They will need to show both episodes next week to a make it before UFC Japan or does the last episode have both semis?

The fights have not been the best but I have enjoyed it and would watch it again next year. Hopefully with more younger guys and Japanese hosts that will actually fight. Didn't Crusher say he would go to 155 and fight Gomi to do the show?

Ooooh, Wicky Akiyo, haven't seen him in a while! Could be interesting.

I'm enjoying this a hell of a lot more than I have been "regular" TUF for quite some time. Respectful people, there to fight, rather than become reality stars. I think Wicky's got a good chance of winning it.

Set my recorder to catch it tonight. All I know is that it'll be hosted by two comedians that are big UfC fans.

I'm enjoying this a hell of a lot more than I have been "regular" TUF for quite some time. Respectful people, there to fight, rather than become reality stars. I think Wicky's got a good chance of winning it.

the show is already out on youtube if you want to know who goes to the finals

They are uploading all the remaining episodes one per day this week so it should be complete on Fight Pass by tomorrow night

Thought Hirota vs DJ was good.

Set my recorder to catch it tonight. All I know is that it'll be hosted by two comedians that are big UfC fans.

I'm OK with Kendo Kobayashi but don't like Chihara Jr.

They did an amazing job with this show. Came away invested in the fighters. Huge fan of Teruto, DJ was funny as fuck as well.

Really different but fun season.

I hope they get some fucking striking coaches every Japanese fighter outside Hiroguchi and Kid have the most awful striking stg.

Curious to see how Teru looks in the finale after all the training with TAM

It airs internationally on FightPass on the 10th according to MMA-In-Asia, I'm assuming the delay is for subtitles.
Rooting for Yashabo, DJ.taiki, and Tyson.

I enjoyed the season as well, hopefully Yashabo can upset Hirota and we get to see some more of DJ in the future

I don't understand why they cast Hirota. He could probably win the entire show, whats the point, he;s already been cut from the UFC roster?

Really good meet the fighters show. Wouldn't mind them doing more of these.

There was no fourth round which was dumb but at least Yashabo got signed

Ep.1 was over.
Basically it was the introduction of the fighters.
I think it was better product than original TUF.

I don't understand why they cast Hirota. He could probably win the entire show, whats the point, he;s already been cut from the UFC roster?

It would be a waste for him to win it. Sort of like Riggs winning Fightmaster. Not that these guys are bad but they won't receive the bump from winning a tournament that a newly signed fighter would.

I will watch this Friday when it comes on Fight Pass. A bit lame that there is no fight in the first episode. I am excited that they are finally doing a show like this in Japan.

Last edited:
Ep.2 was over.

Team Barnett: Osawa, Nishiura, Hata, Ishihara
Team Nelson: Ando, Hirota, Nagakura, Uesako

1st round match-ups are

Teruto Ishihara (7-2) vs. Tatsuya Ando (3-0)
Nobumitsu Osawa (8-3) vs. Mizuto Hirota (17-7)
Daiki Hata (17-9) vs. Tatsunao Nagakura (11-5)
Akiyo Nishiura (13-8) vs. Hiroto Uesako (10-5)

I've never seen Ando fight before.

Is he any good?

I want to know how much of a threat he poses to Yashabo

This still isn't up on Fight Pass and they said it would be up on the 10th. Get your act together UFC

Been wanting to watch this but its not on fight pass yet....

Ep.3 was over.

Uesako was eliminated due to injury and Hiroyuki Oshiro stepped in.
The first fight was Akiyo Nishiura vs. Hiroyuki Oshiro.
Nishiura won by TKO in round 1.

Back