Robbery at Apple California

Holy shit someone gets it.
Very hard concept for some of these guys to grasp sir.

I mean, I do understand the apprehension to get involved. I've also seen countless videos of where a good Samaritan gets involved and gets sucker punched, or attacked him/herself.

at the same time, I'd sleep better knowing I attempted to do the right thing, rather than being dickless or arguing/justifying my cowardice, undermining my own moral integrity with something like this:
"well...it's Capitalism! Apple steals all the time! it's okay to steal from them!"

I mean, GTFO.

I mean, I do understand the apprehension to get involved. I've also seen countless videos of where a good Samaritan gets involved and gets sucker punched, or attacked him/herself.

at the same time, I'd sleep better knowing I attempted to do the right thing, rather than being dickless or arguing/justifying my cowardice, undermining my own moral integrity with something like this:
"well...it's Capitalism! Apple steals all the time! it's okay to steal from them!"

I mean, GTFO.

I have gotten hurt helping people but like you said I helped and thats all that matters.

I thought all these display phones get bricked by apple as soon as they are stolen? Did they find a way to get around that? Do they sell it overseas or something?
They are. And there ARE security guards but most of them are just doing the gig because they are on probation or some shit so they couldn't give a fuck.

Why people aren't getting this is beyond me. Why people are saying other customers should get involved is beyond me. It doesn't affect me or anyone else in the store at all, actually.

Looks like the Apple store right by my house at the grove tbh. As to the posters that likened this to just watching an egregious act of rape or murder without stepping in that is quite the ludicrous claim. I personally wouldn’t step in if an apple store was being robbed.

I have and always will step in if there’s a purse snatching or when I stopped a car jacking in Hollywood a couple years back. There is a difference between a petty theft when it’s a basically victimless crime I.e a trillion dollar company with insured products… and a civilian being targeted or attacked in public. I think these types of videos are more indicative of a societal systemic issue of the wealth gap and lack of opportunities then it is of a anarchist society. I say this as a business owner myself that falls into a much more fortunate bracket of society and have had my business defrauded this year by a thief for six figures. The issue is deep rooted and a hammer and nail mindset will not right the wrongs imho.

The criminals here are supported by the Democrats and their appointed district attorneys. Just the other day some scum bags robbed a gas station. The gas station clerk was armed, went after them and they shot and killed the clerk. They aren't getting charged with murder because the clerk went after them, they're only being charged with armed robbery.

In places like SF rather than arresting criminals, they post signs telling people to hide their valuables and don't leave anything visible in your vehicle. It's basically a 3rd world slum.

Why should people step in to protect the property of apple. Aren't they just taking display models? Even if the offenders were detained, wouldn't they just be released with a slap on the wrist in california anyway, so why risk your safety?

They are. And there ARE security guards but most of them are just doing the gig because they are on probation or some shit so they couldn't give a fuck.

Why people aren't getting this is beyond me. Why people are saying other customers should get involved is beyond me. It doesn't affect me or anyone else in the store at all, actually.

There are two sides of the coin. Theft isn't a good thing. Prices go up and it limits availability. It is easy to say fuck Apple and their overpriced shit. It is true regarding that fact but it isn't fun when people decide to take something from your family or you and nobody is helping you.

People stealing aren't sitting down and saying we only rob from big corporations. They do this to small stores too and it often gets violent.

"where I’m from 10 folks would have tackled these thieves & held them until they were in handcuffs — today folks make watermarked TikToks"

First off, the clientele are a bunch of computer nerds... Secondly, why tf should they endanger their safety for Apple? Apple doesn't care about them.

And I guarantee you that Apple will have told their staff not to use physical force to prevent theft. Because Apple doesn't want to be sued if a worker or shoplifter is badly injured.

Plus, the stock will be insured anyway.

I thought all these display phones get bricked by apple as soon as they are stolen? Did they find a way to get around that? Do they sell it overseas or something?

They are bricked but potentially they can sell them to suckers on the black market.

Also rumor I read was that they have found a lot of devices end up back in China and there was a theory that somehow foxconn employees are somehow able to retool this devices for the black market in some way.

same here. it's the apathy, the "not my problem" mentality.

when criminals realize that the majority of the populace are cowards, apathetic, or their criminal actions have no consequences, what do you think is going to happen?

yea, I get it, Apple is rich AF, and their products are overpriced. but that's not the point. where I come from, what I was raised that stealing shit, taking what's not yours is wrong.
Apple being overpriced , extremely wealthy and being a company that treats it workers like shit is kind of the point. Why defend them? Would they do the same for you?
As someone else said a mom and pop sure I might step in, but a huge multinational corporation that only cares about the bottom dollar and nothing else? No thanks they can fend for themselves

They are bricked but potentially they can sell them to suckers on the black market.

Also rumor I read was that they have found a lot of devices end up back in China and there was a theory that somehow foxconn employees are somehow able to retool this devices for the black market in some way.
Apple wasn't popular in China until recently. I think the sanctions starved the Chinese companies of components so their new phones suck. They used to have weird nationalistic displays and break iphones in public to show support. If they can retool it then it's a huge market for iphone 13s and 14s.

Why should people step in to protect the property of apple. Aren't they just taking display models? Even if the offenders were detained, wouldn't they just be released with a slap on the wrist in california anyway, so why risk your safety?
Because Sherbros are Superheroes

There are two sides of the coin. Theft isn't a good thing. Prices go up and it limits availability. It is easy to say fuck Apple and their overpriced shit. It is true regarding that fact but it isn't fun when people decide to take something from your family or you and nobody is helping you.

People stealing aren't sitting down and saying we only rob from big corporations. They do this to small stores too and it often gets violent.
I'm with you on the small stores stuff in which I am a firm believer of people working needing to stay strapped, and having an able security team there as well.

People owning small businesses really need to think this stuff through. One camera that isn't turned on half the time just won't cut it, and it never will.

Back