News Robelis Despaigne vs Waldo Cortes-Acosta set for UFC St. Louis on May 11

Who wins?

• Total voters
This felt so predictable as an outcome.
I imagine that he will go 0-2 before going off and winning PFL

I nominate this for the worst modern time UFC fight.

What the fuck was that? Despaigne isn’t even a first year white belt level on the ground. I’m fairly confident I’d sub him in under five minutes lol, the guy is absolutely clueless on the ground.

Cortes-Acosta sucks both standing up AND on the ground. That’s fairly surprising since he’s made it to the UFC and hasn’t lost every fight (?) here, but come on.

The pace was so slow and both guys were gassed to shit. Despaigne was laying on his back for four minutes and was sucking wind like he ran a full speed 5K. Which I’m sure he couldn’t run, since his cardio is a joke and the fight was utter GARBAGE

Cortes-Acosta sucks both standing up AND on the ground. That’s fairly surprising since he’s made it to the UFC and hasn’t lost every fight (?) here, but come on.
He only lost once in his career so far and it was by decision. I think he got wobbled a bit in the first exchange and just played it safe from then on once he realized Despaigne is useless on the ground. He lured him into the same mistake on the fence like 3 times. Hilarious.

HEAVYWEIGHT MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!

Beautiful.

What were the odds for that? They couldn't have been that great because of how hyped up Robelis was
Yeah, sure bets in mma never are, especially with prospects. The juice definitely wasn’t worth the squeeze.

What were the odds for that? They couldn't have been that great because of how hyped up Robelis was

The R1 was 1.68 or something, which wasn't that bad considering the match up.

The U2 was . . . 1.24 lol. I don't put many of those sorts of bets on as singles, and when I do, I never lose them. First one in years at those sorts of odds. Last few I had 5u on. One was Dustin/BSD ITD, and Maycee Chiasson to land 1 takedown in r1. At least this time it was only 2u. 5u would have sucked haha.

Yeah, sure bets in mma never are, especially with prospects. The juice definitely wasn’t worth the squeeze.

The r1 one was decent enough value considering they were HWs, both can KO, one has 9 secs average in his last 4. It wasn't for Despaigne alone, it was for either.

Ribo/Terrence R1 wasn't even paying a heap more, which was surprising.

Dat evolution of MMA, ladies and gentleman!

MMA fighters of the past could only dream to be such evolved fighters!

Back