Media Robert Whittaker Says "He'd Beat Dricus Du Plessis 9 Times out of 10" and He's "Just A Better Fighter Than He Is"

Prime Whittaker? The one that fought Yoel twice?

Yeah I’d take him 9/10 times. But he’s not that guy anymore.

Those fights, the Adesanya KO, the damage from his entire career is all catching up to him.

He isn’t the same guy - THIS Whittaker it’s a coin-flip where you have to give the edge to DDP.

It’s kind of sad because fighters always see themselves as the best version of themselves even as they are obviously declining in real-time. So they over-rate their abilities based on performances and abilities they’ll never replicate.
This is cope and funny you're calling yourself an MMA analyst while being clearly blind how fighter fought there. Rob did his usual shtick of moves and crumbled from Dricus pressure.

i mean he has to believe that, otherwise what's the point of fighting if you don't think you are the best?
i never quite understood this, especially coming from people who discuss this sport online.

do you believe you are the best in the world at what you do? if you found out someone was better than you, you'd switch careers immediately?

not everyone needs to delude themselves in order to do their job. i know a bunch of fighters, they're all working hard to make it into the big league, and none of them think they're actually the best in the world right now.

Kind of a rough thing to say. He's usually a bit...nicer? More gracious? There's a difference between saying that you can do better with another chance and out and out dismissing another fighter's win.

i never quite understood this, especially coming from people who discuss this sport online.

do you believe you are the best in the world at what you do? if you found out someone was better than you, you'd switch careers immediately?

not everyone needs to delude themselves in order to do their job. i know a bunch of fighters, they're all working hard to make it into the big league, and none of them think they're actually the best in the world right now.

when you're literally a top 5 in your weight class, yes, they believe they're the best in the world. maybe the fighters you know, aren't going to be world class professional fighters, and that's fine, but if you're so dedicated to the sport that you've literally BEEN the champion of the world before and have been in the top 3 for years, you're gonna have a different mind set than your average fighter.

This is cope and funny you're calling yourself an MMA analyst while being clearly blind how fighter fought there. Rob did his usual shtick of moves and crumbled from Dricus pressure.

You don’t know what the word “cope” means based on your usage of it.

If you think the Rob that fought DDP was the same man as the one from 5 years ago I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

<JonesLaugh>

My money is on the Reaper if they ever have a second go.

You don’t know what the word “cope” means based on your usage of it.

If you think the Rob that fought DDP was the same man as the one from 5 years ago I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

<JonesLaugh>
DDP is a much better fighter than Romero. Night and day difference between the two

Of course he's going to believe that. It's mostly psychological at this point of the game.

I dont doubt he would win some of the fights but i dont just see him coming out as the winner overall. Especially not at the stage where he is now.

The Reaper has a glass chin, the most glass chin in the division, so whilst his skills might be higher, once he gets touched on the chin it's curtains.

Rob doesn't have the chin to survive 9 out of 10. He would win a couple of times at best

Sometimes strength, toughness and will overcome a more skilled fighter. Rob couldn't handle it.

Last edited:
Another one trying to discredit DDP because of his sloppy style. And yet he will continue to whoop all of them

Doubtful Rob has a lot of mileage om him now.

Never been impressed with Whittaker. He's delusional. On a technical/skills level they're about even. And DDP is bigger and stronger. But Robs acting like hes vastly technically superior which isnt remotely true.

Back