Rockhold vs Gastelum

At this point Rockhold would get koed by any halfdecent striker with acceptable takedown defense. Rockhold is a mentally broken man . His flaws have been exposed, and the blueprint for beating him has been laid out by bisping. I think he'll retire soon.

A few years ago Rockhold will eat Gastelum for breakfast, but now he is in the downside of his career and also he has no more chin, Bisping, Branch, Romero are proof of that.
The KO power of Gastelum will be too much for him at this point, he needs to fight top 15 - top 8 fighters..... Brunson,Romero. Jacare,Gastelum and Withaker will eat him alive,
But he will be a great gatekeeper for prospects I think this is his new roll because he will never be a champion again.

Luke is susceptible to left hands. Kelvin has the quickest left hand in the division.....

Yeah Rockhold is finished.. what a bum.. how could he lose to someone like Romero lol.. might as well give up his whole career..

Just fuck off.. this guy already got brutally knocked out by Belfort and rebounded to win the title

The top of MW is brutal atm.. Weidman.. Jacare.. Romero.. Rockhold.. Whitaker these guys could all beat each other on any day.

Supposedly Anderson is some GOAT MW.. yet anyone of those names cracks the top 3 on his resume..

Luke could even go up to LHW.. and win the title.. outside of Gus who gives him problems? The guy is massive and cuts a lot of weight..

Just look at how RDA bounced back after two loses at a lower weight.. probably fighting for the WW title next

If Gastelum avoids the clinch and keeps his range then Luke doesn't make it past R1.

Kelvin.

He's got the wrestling to keep it standing, enough Jits to not get caught, and the boxing to clock Rockhold.

Luke still has defense issues, he's not the monster striker people make him out to be.
He's closer to Overeem than say someone like Anderson in his prime.

I know Overeem Is much more decorated a striker than Anderson, but Anderson was more complete in some ways. He had the head movement, defense, foot work, reflexes. Just a beast.

Rockhold has an amazing top game, but lacks a path to get there. He could however, simply use his size and reach to force a clinch and find his way to the ground that way, but if he can't get Gastelum down, he's in real danger.

All in all, I'd favor Luke

Would be a fun match up, i think its clear for everyone including Luke that he ain't that special on the feet apart from the kicks. If Luke will fight like he fought Yoel he's fucked. He needs to take the fight to the ground ASAP, if he doesn't Gastelum closes the distance very fast and Luke would be knocked out again.

Offtopic Weidman needs to fucking fight instead of bitchin on Twitter

I realize Lukes terrible defense and bad chin could get him in trouble with an aggressive heavy handed good boxer-wrestler like Gastelum but I feel like Luke would actually get him down, get the mount and smash him. Gas is nowhere near as big and powerful as Yoel. We saw what Weidman did to him when he got him down.

Gastelum. Luke’s chin is cracked beyond repair. It’s at at chuck Liddell levels of cracked.

kevin has better left hand and boxing in general then ping n yoel combined.this would be disaster for luke.first round ko for kevin if this fight happens

Luke would win. Kelvin got overrated quickly at MW after beating Vitor and Kennedy, who were both WAY past their best days.

And then Bisping who was still suffering from a concussion from GSP.

Luke has 6 takedowns his entire career. They were all easy. He is not a wrestler and not a takedown artist. There is little chance of him getting it to the ground unless he either hurts Kelvin on the feet first or Kelvin initiates the clinch.

If he doesn't sharpen up his boxing defense I see him getting KO'd again.

Chris is great at shooting, and Luke isnt. Thats all the difference. Seems like Rockhold can only take guys down from the clinch.
You're right! Chris is so good at shooting, that his head cought romero knee

Gastelum would knock him out.

Back