Rockhold vs Nick Rodriguez

Grappling is boring to watch under every ruleset ever created.

Solution: Add punches.

Clear win for Rodriguez but he did not dominate, if he was dominant he wouldn't have been scared to actually engage in jiu Jitsu. That was a wrestling match because that's the only way he can currently win against high level guys.

I love what qualifies as dominating in grappling matches, I've seen matches where nothing happens and people are like "wow what utter domination!" I never know what they're scoring besides sub attempts and takedowns. I know all the patty cake stuff scores points and you can somehow dominate somebody without even taking them down, would probably be more obvious if I had some bjj experience but otherwise it seems funny.

Judging from the sounds of it I bet half of Sherdog wishes they'd get dominated by Rodriguez as well

Is it really a shock he dropped a decision to a dedicated competition grappler? MMA fighters just don't spend enough time generally on specific disciplines to really threaten against those who do spend the time on it. If Luke gets back to grappling like he did before he dedicated to mma he could probably compete as he is very skilled. Just gotta actually put the seat time in.

In wrestling going out of bounds costs points. In a cage you cant refuse to engage by going out. This bum took advantage of a broken rule set. He knew he cant grapple for even a fraction of the distance. He gassed badly just getting out of bounds.

Dude loses 100% if they were grappling in a cage with no resets every 2 seconds. Or, if going out of bounds costs points. Luke would pressure him and clinch him up against the cage until his gassed out ass gets choked.

So they need to rematch in Submission Underground.

Weird match.

seemed more like a sumo match than a grappling match. Dude was strong and aggressive but, the match left a LOT to be desired.

I haven’t watched grappling in a while. Is this what it is now? If yes that’s a shame. There was little to no beautiful JJ on display in this match. Roger’s matches were FUCKING BONKERS in terms of BJJ on display on the highest level. This was a strange, strange match little to no JJ/BJJ lol

You enjoyed that match?

There was very little beauty on display in that match. Sure it was Nicks game plan to dictate the match like that but my god was is awful to watch. When Royler and Eddie rematched it was enjoyable because it showcased the art, the positions...this left a lot to be desired.

1. Mounted for several minutes
2. Taken down multiple times and tossed all over the mat
3. Manhandled in the clinch
4. Was very close to having his back taken
5. Clearly lost all 3 rounds
6. Failed to score a single takedown

Damn, I expected Luke to lose but not like this...

Lol you're being ridiculous. was this the first grappling match you've ever watched ? Not a big deal if it was, I just think you might be a little confused about what you're watching . Obviously nick won but that wasn't dominated by any means by grappling competition standards

You're a moron if you think that saying something like that makes you a "world class douchebag".

Yeah it does. He’s basically saying all the guys who dedicated their life to grappling that way are wrong because Luke Rockhold doesn’t like it

rockhold did better than what i thought was going to happen

didn't watch but that's pretty weird, because you can say whatever you want about lukes chin and defense but his grappling is terrifying, figured he would've ran through that dude.

No one ran through anyone. and Luke's opponent got silver in ADCC so kinda crazy to think he would run through a guy who only trains no-gi Bjj for competition

Back