Rockhold vs Nick Rodriguez

Luke Rockhold

“He’s not one of those stupid leg lock guys that just kind of pull guard and butt scoot,” Rockhold said. “This whole modern-day jiu-jitsu thing kind of pisses me off. It’s pretty stupid in the sport of jiu-jitsu, where the guys are all leg lock based and they just compromise themselves trying to get these foot locks. So, it’s nice to have a guy that’s gonna go toe to toe at least.”

This is why Luke is hated. He’s a world class douche bag. I’d love to see Gordon Ryan tear his foot off and stick it up his ass.
Ehhh, Gordon Ryan is also a massive douchebag. We should let Craig Jones do the honors

1. Mounted for several minutes
2. Taken down multiple times and tossed all over the mat
3. Manhandled in the clinch
4. Was very close to having his back taken
5. Clearly lost all 3 rounds
6. Failed to score a single takedown

Damn, I expected Luke to lose but not like this...
Dominated? It was a shitty match...he had shitty conditioning against a guy who was far stronger and is conditioned to do that for a living as opposed to Rockhold who is talented if using that skill in MMA. I didnt see a domination I saw a boring lack luster fight that didnt even go to the ground.

Probably too busy hanging out in “Whales.”

EKjbxoEW4AAuhW_

Why do you queers feel the need to call each other names over a boring grappling match that a hated mma fighter lost?

Clear win for Rodriguez, but "dominated" is quite a stretch when half (or more?) of the match was little more than pushing each other around on the feet

Neither one of those matches represent the pinnacle of grappling excitement. Its simple--reward grapplers that take risks and take the audience into account, just like almost every other professional combat sport does. There are plenty of exciting grapplers out there and countless thrilling, back and forth grappling matches not to mention tons of beautiful, breathtaking quick submissions that occur all the time. High-level grapplers just have to be convinced that it is in their interest to engage and push the pace rather than stall and play safety first.

didn't watch but that's pretty weird, because you can say whatever you want about lukes chin and defense but his grappling is terrifying, figured he would've ran through that dude.

didn't watch but that's pretty weird, because you can say whatever you want about lukes chin and defense but his grappling is terrifying, figured he would've ran through that dude.
Nicky Rod is a young wrestler/grappler athletic big guy that just got silver at adcc at the heaviest weight class.
Luke is a aging mma fighter.

He wasnt dominated. That bum scored early and started refusing to engage even in a clinch. He knew he would gas.

In wrestling going out of bounds costs points. In a cage you cant refuse to engage by going out. This bum took advantage of a broken rule set. He knew he cant grapple for even a fraction of the distance. He gassed badly just getting out of bounds.

Dude loses 100% if they were grappling in a cage with no resets every 2 seconds. Or, if going out of bounds costs points. Luke would pressure him and clinch him up against the cage until his gassed out ass gets choked.

Fking annoying bum. He now gets to say he slapped a UFC champ around.

the irony of him afraid to gas is that the only reason he's afraid to gas is because he has an unnatural amount of muscle on him that he most likely put on too quickly and that he used tons of roids to achieve it. what's even further ironic about it is, if he was any good at taking steroids to begin with, he would've taken the ones that give him insane muscle endurance.

nah, that guy is a legitimate high level grappler who has been focusing on that most of his life. it's kinda like Ben Askren losing to Jordan Burroughs in a wrestling match, or Conor losing to Floyd in boxing. Luke was expected to lose.

Nicky Rod is a young wrestler/grappler athletic big guy that just got silver at adcc at the heaviest weight class.
Luke is a aging mma fighter.
yeah i admit i had no idea who the guy was, i just figured rockhold would run through him because luke is an absolute beast of a grappler.

Probably too busy hanging out in “Whales.”

EKjbxoEW4AAuhW_
LUKE: Remind me where we are again
WAITER: Cardiff?
LUKE: No, dipshit. The country
WAITER: Uh, this is Wales, sir
LUKE: Whales? This place is named after whales? I haven’t seen one whale the entire time I’ve been here. This is stupid
WAITER: Very good, sir

luke did well, got back taken and survived, his opponent was legit 30 lbs heavier and juicer than Ubereem ...

I mean WTF is that ???

View attachment 685861

Haha - Nick clearly had more time outside the USADA testing pool than Luke.

Give Luke 6 months outside of USADA for him to catch up to the rest of the competition, and then we will see how he does

Luke Rockhold

“He’s not one of those stupid leg lock guys that just kind of pull guard and butt scoot,” Rockhold said. “This whole modern-day jiu-jitsu thing kind of pisses me off. It’s pretty stupid in the sport of jiu-jitsu, where the guys are all leg lock based and they just compromise themselves trying to get these foot locks. So, it’s nice to have a guy that’s gonna go toe to toe at least.”

This is why Luke is hated. He’s a world class douche bag. I’d love to see Gordon Ryan tear his foot off and stick it up his ass.
He’s 100% right about the rule set though.

Back