Rogan and DC gushing over Francis using basic grappling was bizzare

A HW Gordon Ryan murders all confirmed.

One of their jobs is to hype fights and fighters. I'd assume they tried their best during the relatively boring heavy weight championship fight.

Commentary team was hyping up the fact that the heavyweight champion of the world just figured out how to do rudimentary grappling. Whoa...he used a judo throw...eerr botched...but if you squint, it kinda looked like one! And, and, he...got up from bottom, whoa! Be impressed everyone! I'm supposed to be watching the upper echelon of the entire sport, like wth is this...

Main stream media democrats will blame anything negative related to Rogen on Covid and Ivermectin

the goal is to beat them with your game, francis took some pages from randy coutures book.

It wasn't the most exciting fight, but gotdamn if it doesn't put other heavys on notice. Francis got heart, no quit in him, and he's still learning.

Don't forget when he transitioned to double....A DOUBLE!!!!

Lol. Francis can’t catch a break. He’s called one dimensional, then defends his belt with some new skills and fight IQ.

And people still whine.
we're mere hours away from the "rewatched and Gane really won, what a robbery" threads that typically signal the second step of sher-grief. It's clinical.

Was pretty neutral coming into the fight…..but in the hours following up can we agree that it was a pretty dog shit fight across the board?

Commentary team was hyping up the fact that the heavyweight champion of the world just figured out how to do rudimentary grappling. Whoa...he used a judo throw...eerr botched...but if you squint, it kinda looked like one! And, and, he...got up from bottom, whoa! Be impressed everyone! I'm supposed to be watching the upper echelon of the entire sport, like wth is this...
That's typical sherdog.

Scenario #1: Francis knocks a guy out
Sherdog reaction: The HW division is dead, it's full of one dimensional fighters with no cardio, Gane is a complete fighter, he's a phenom

Scenario #2: Francis shows a new and improved wrestling game with the cardio to go 5 rounds
Sherdog reaction: yeah but that should be the norm, and anyway DC wrestles better

You're a joke

Last edited:
It wasn't great technique but I think now if he get a hold of you he make you fly no matter who you are,he look to be that strong

Don't act like you think every fighter is well-rounded in every discipline - be realistic. If Wonderboy grapple-fucked someone for 5 rounds the same things should be and would be said. When Demian Maia boxes somebody up, these things are said. Smarten up, dude.

They subconsciously look at him like a dumb African that only has power. But he's been doing MMA for a decent amount of years now. They shouldn't look at it like a miracle but actually be unbiased and treat him like the rest of the division.

Hws are like special Ed kids.

There's a different standar for them

Don't act like you think every fighter is well-rounded in every discipline - be realistic. If Wonderboy grapple-fucked someone for 5 rounds the same things should be and would be said. When Demian Maia boxes somebody up, these things are said. Smarten up, dude.

Neither guy you mentioned was world champion. Also don't put words in my mouth
That's typical sherdog.

Scenario #1: Francis knocks a guy in 30sec
Sherdog reaction: The HW division is dead, it's full of one dimensional fighters with no cardio, Gane is a complete fighter, he's a phenom

Scenario #2: Francis shows a new and improved wrestling game with the cardio to go 5 rounds
Sherdog reaction: yeah but that should be the norm, and anyway DC wrestles better

You're a joke

False dichotomy, look it up

Francis looked good grappling, get over it. Some mma fans are fucking insufferable

The commentary team's job is to try and make the fights more exciting. Sometimes they don't have to do much as the fighters are doing it for them. In this fight, they needed all the help they could get.

I think the point is that Francis is known primarily as a one-trick pony with massive KO power in his hands, and the narrative going into this fight was that he would either KO Gane early or lose the fight. Nobody expected him to lose the first two rounds and then wrestlefuck Gane to a decision W by winning rounds 3-5. It was definitely surprising to see Francis utilize effective grappling and steal the fight in the later rounds. I and everyone I was watching with had a similar reaction to Rogan/DC- Surprised by and impressed with Francis' grappling.

This exactly.

People really are trying to create something where it's not. It's not that Francis' grappling was so phenomenal. It's not that HW grappling is nonexistent. It's that Francis NEVER showed much in that department before, and so it was very shocking for him to go to grappling to secure a hard-fought victory.

They were joking about how hilarious it was that Ngannou could grapple.

The heavyweight division has the least roster depth and the oldest average age. We are shuffling around a combination of old farts and largely one dimensional fighters at heavyweight because the starting pay is 12k to get your head punched in.

You will not attract suitably young, gifted athletes of that size with how hilariously bad the UFC revenue split is. The literal LHW and HW champions of the world both spent time sitting out because the pay is atrocious, instead of fighting each other.

The UFC is bush league and the heavyweight division highlights it.

Pay these guys already.
Gane has been in the UFC less then 3 years and has made well over a million dollars. He made close to 800K last night. In his last fight I don't know what he made but it was over 500K. Add that in with his other fights and he's not hurting for money.

They key to making money in the UFC is winning. Winners make good money. People don't complain about making money in the UFC until they are losing. Losers are not rewarded in the UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back