Rogan and DC's worst night of commentary

For all the hate Cruz gets sometimes, it would have been great if he was in the booth to check DC or Rogan that night.

DC and Rogan shilling isn't new, but this was definitely the most egregious. Glad the judges called it right, and glad to see the majority of Sherdoggers calling them out for it.

Pushing the company line like good boys

You're not too bright if you think either Rogan or Cormier knew Izzy was losing the exchanges but were thinking to themselves "We've got to try and sell this guy for the company!"

They are Izzy fanboys. They believed what they were saying. It had zero to do with Dana or the UFC.

My mate watching it with me was buying into Rogain and Dc’s verbal puke. I honestly could not believe what I was hearing.

The commentary in question is actually even worse and detached from reality than this, I'll upload a couple of the worst examples.

In this one Jan lands a goodleft hook to which Rogan immediately comments "yeah but he's not planting his feet because he is EATING all these feints!", a truly insane and demented comment. Adesanya then throws a jab which Jan blocks with his hand, if you watch closely it doesn't touch his face, Jan blocked it. To which Rogan says "Look at that! Clean!", Jan then throws his own left hook which lands and they ignore it. Then Jan times Adesanya's jab perfectly and lands a decent flurry which Adesanya blocks about 50% of, Rogan then immediately pivots to a talking point about "that's when it's a problem for Israel, when he stands in front of Jan", a sequence which he apparently then immediately forgets about as you'll see in the next vid

DC starts out by saying "I'm not saying Jan is getting outstruck he just keeps biting on these feints", literally as he says that Jan is checking kicks. Rogan then says "but HE IS getting outstruck, and this is not the best opportunity for him to win". Literally AS HE IS SAYING THIS Jan lands a left hook, which they all ignore. Adesanya then throws a Jab which Jan perfectly slips, it doesn't land, which Rogan uses as proof of his claim that Jan is being oustruck. "Look at that! Pop!". About a missed jab.

I think both of these clips taken together basically demonstrate that Rogan is absolutely detached from reality at this point. DC also to a lesser extent.

Yea, I remember saying to myself...Yeah Joe, he might not be planting his feet but he landing more shots.
UFC needs to have someone on the commentary panel this is not afraid to disagree with Joe & DC.

Like when HBO had Larry Merchant & Big George Foreman on the team.

They disagreed quite often..."George, I dont know what fight your watching, but the one i see, (insert said fighter) has been doing nothing but fancy dancing all night and hasn't landed a clean shot in the entire fight."

I didn’t catch any of this. We bullshit through every fight while we watch. You can hear the shots land but the commentary is basically washed out with our conversations. I’ve never paid much mind to the commentary since shogun/machida 1.

goldie and Rogan were good together. Joe’s much better when he’s not trying establish himself aside Cruz, DC, Bisping, Hardy or any fighter. When there’s a fighter in the booth with him, he’s like a small child squealing “I know stuff too!”

"Israel is landing feints"
<BidenShutIt>

Reactions: JDB
You're not too bright if you think either Rogan or Cormier knew Izzy was losing the exchanges but were thinking to themselves "We've got to try and sell this guy for the company!"

They are Izzy fanboys. They believed what they were saying. It had zero to do with Dana or the UFC.
Nah, it's blatant that Dana gives directives to hype up certain fighters.

The worst part is, I think DC was pushing Izzy because he is a company man and is just hyping up whoever the company wants to promote.
Rogan is pushing Izzy out of being a genuine cuck and indulging in his personal fetish.

If anyone knows The Weasle on Youtube, he talked about how awful the commentating was (something I don't see other analysis channels talk about really), and he noted that DC is at his worst when paired with Rogan. Like he gets influenced by Rogan, and says things he wouldn't say when matched with a different guy in the booth. Thought it was an interesting observation, I don't pay close enough attention to notice, but perhaps he's correct?

If anyone knows The Weasle on Youtube, he talked about how awful the commentating was (something I don't see other analysis channels talk about really), and he noted that DC is at his worst when paired with Rogan. Like he gets influenced by Rogan, and says things he wouldn't say when matched with a different guy in the booth. Thought it was an interesting observation, I don't pay close enough attention to notice, but perhaps he's correct?

I've been saying the same for a while. Give me DC/Cruz/Anik, DC/Bisping/Anik, Cruz/Bisping/Anik, or anything without Rogan. He's past his prime like the version of Chuck getting KO'd by Tito.

Nah, it's blatant that Dana gives directives to hype up certain fighters.

What possible good would it do to lie in the play by play on behalf of some fighter as far as the actual outcomes of the fights are concerned? A KO doesn't give a fuck what Joe Rogan had to say. Nor do any of the judges who don't listen to the guys in the booth.

Use some common sense.

Rogan and DC are the Chud Brothas from different mothers
Just hangin wid the boyz and phoning it in

Stats literally pop up in the screen showing Jan is ahead on strikes landed and immediately after he says that Israel is clearly outstriking him.

Has this been posted yet? Last night in a nutshell. Pathetic.

They were so obsessed with Jan's mouth being open, while Izzy was standing a foot away from him with his mouth also open.

They kept saying Jan was gassing, despite the fact that his output never changed throughout the entire 5 round fight.

They kept implying that Jan was getting eaten up by feints, while Jan was checking kicks, slipping punches and landing jobs and body kicks.

Just blatant, shameless favoritism.

I wonder if the problem with Rogan is his podcast has caused him to become too focused on personalities and personal stories, and he's carried that over into his fight commentary. It seems like he always sucks the cock/clit of the fighter with the most interesting personal story or most entertaining personality.

The commentary in question is actually even worse and detached from reality than this, I'll upload a couple of the worst examples.

In this one Jan lands a goodleft hook to which Rogan immediately comments "yeah but he's not planting his feet because he is EATING all these feints!", a truly insane and demented comment. Adesanya then throws a jab which Jan blocks with his hand, if you watch closely it doesn't touch his face, Jan blocked it. To which Rogan says "Look at that! Clean!", Jan then throws his own left hook which lands and they ignore it. Then Jan times Adesanya's jab perfectly and lands a decent flurry which Adesanya blocks about 50% of, Rogan then immediately pivots to a talking point about "that's when it's a problem for Israel, when he stands in front of Jan", a sequence which he apparently then immediately forgets about as you'll see in the next vid

DC starts out by saying "I'm not saying Jan is getting outstruck he just keeps biting on these feints", literally as he says that Jan is checking kicks. Rogan then says "but HE IS getting outstruck, and this is not the best opportunity for him to win". Literally AS HE IS SAYING THIS Jan lands a left hook, which they all ignore. Adesanya then throws a Jab which Jan perfectly slips, it doesn't land, which Rogan uses as proof of his claim that Jan is being oustruck. "Look at that! Pop!". About a missed jab.

I think both of these clips taken together basically demonstrate that Rogan is absolutely detached from reality at this point. DC also to a lesser extent.

Thanks for putting together those videos. They perfectly illustrate the shit these 2 are feeding the fans.

Back