Media Rogan and Holloway talk about Jamahal/Alex Ref Nutshot

If something so goddamn inconsequential as a quick foul, step in to call time out ( barely a step in ) , with fouled fighter quickly calling off foul, then touching of gloves by both fighters multiple times ,then fouled fighter literally walks slowly towards other fighter ( not like he bum rushed him) , and then fouler backs his own goddamn self into cage which causes fouler to lose his “angle “ and get koed as result then you are a goddamn no focus idiot Mr Fouler with bad footwork and concentration and need to go back to Univ to finish your PHD in Victim Studies. This whole thread sucks and shouldn’t have been started and Rogan and Holloway are both brain dead , I don’t care if Max is a pro or not , he’s wrong.

Last edited:
The position changed after Herb stepped in and the fight was paused. Poatan got himself a better position while the fight was paused. That's the point.
The entire sequence was a caused because of Hills illegal shot, he led himself into the position.

Cause and effect

Did Herb fuck up in the context of Rules as Written for Unified Rules MMA? I have no idea - but Big John, whatever his position is worth today (just a dude with an opinion, really) says Herb did right. Was it "as it should be"? Absolutely - Hill was the one who (kinda) fouled, so any "benefit" for Alex that comes during the sequence is fair play.

In eurofootie there is the concept of "benefit perspective" (not sure of the exact English translation for it) where a foul can be disregarded (by the ref, kinda like Herb does when he steps back when Pereira disregards his call for time-out & reset) like if you get fouled when on the verge of a breakaway attack but actually are able to run with the ball - the ref is not gonna whistle a free kick that robs you of your potential scoring offense.

That is how it *SHOULD* go - and Big John seems to agree on the concept. If it's not in the Rules as Written, then fair play to Hall for being a bitch about it. Doesn't make him any less a poor sport (or worse, "a heel" if he's trying to "write a storyline" to get another chance at Pereira thru winning), but fair play.

The position changed after Herb stepped in and the fight was paused. Poatan got himself a better position while the fight was paused. That's the point.
You're simply wrong. You can stop posting now, because we have video of it.

It's about position. Distance and angles happen first, knockouts come after. Not a microsecond after but when the punch is thrown..

Right, but his point still stands - What is this incredible angle that Alex was able to take up? I am not a genius fighting arts strategist, but to me it looked like they were essentially standing in front of one another, the ref came to intervene, alex paused slightly and dismissed the ref, they touched gloves and continued fighting from the exact position they were just in.

They were in the same position before and after, its not like the ref repositioned them to some totally different position that Hill was uncomfortable with and Alex was comfortable with. And if it was a very slight foot positioning situation - how did this come about? Hill was there, in cotnrol of his own body the entire time, and they even touched gloves. He had plenty of time to adjust, if he had needed to - but I still don't understand what he would need this time to adjust to? was his front foot angled slightly different than how he wanted it? was his back too close to the fence?

I just don't see it.

I will never get this, the killshot didn't happen a micro second after the nutshot, they even touched gloves, some fighters are really letting the fact that they are friends with Jamal affect their logic.
^^ this a thumbs up and even touch gloves...

The fouling fighter should not benefit from a call. Why can't these drunk commentators and bitter anaylsts understand that?
Neither fighter is supposed to benefit from the call. The point of giving a fighter who got kicked in the balls a break is to keep the fight neutral, not give them the upper hand.

If they got kicked in the balls and there was no call, they would be at a disadvantage. If there was a call, it would be to keep the fight neutral and fair. Not to benefit them or give them an advantage.

I don't buy him being disadvantaged but even if he was who cares? You kicked the guy in the nuts deal with it

Without herb backing off when a fighter cancels a foul, we would never have DJ telling herb “no no get out of the way” and then telling Dodson, “no breaks” when Dodson kicked him in the nuts. These are legendary moments

They're right. Jamal didn't get ready to continue fast enough after the brief stop. He made a mistake there in an unfamiliar situation which rarely comes up in a fight.

If Jamal and other fighters are smart they'll learn from it and make sure they're ready and don't assume a post-foul glove touch is a chance for them to switch off for half a second. If they're not smart they'll listen to sherdoggers who think it makes no difference and end up not shoring up that potential problem (rare that it comes up).

Right, but his point still stands - What is this incredible angle that Alex was able to take up? I am not a genius fighting arts strategist, but to me it looked like they were essentially standing in front of one another, the ref came to intervene, alex paused slightly and dismissed the ref, they touched gloves and continued fighting from the exact position they were just in.

They were in the same position before and after, its not like the ref repositioned them to some totally different position that Hill was uncomfortable with and Alex was comfortable with. And if it was a very slight foot positioning situation - how did this come about? Hill was there, in cotnrol of his own body the entire time, and they even touched gloves. He had plenty of time to adjust, if he had needed to - but I still don't understand what he would need this time to adjust to? was his front foot angled slightly different than how he wanted it? was his back too close to the fence?

I just don't see it.
Alex did take a step closer right as Herb stopped the action, Jamal thought they were gonna reset so he didnt step back to match the step Poatan took. But then they touched gloves and he had ample time to circle out if he thought he was in a bad position, instead he chose to plant himself to throw a strike.

They're right. Jamal didn't get ready to continue fast enough after the brief stop. He made a mistake there in an unfamiliar situation which rarely comes up in a fight.

If Jamal and other fighters are smart they'll learn from it and make sure they're ready and don't assume a post-foul glove touch is a chance for them to switch off for half a second. If they're not smart they'll listen to sherdoggers who think it makes no difference and end up not shoring up that potential problem (rare that it comes up).
They touched gloves three times . If he “ switched off “ during that time it’s on him for being an unfocused ADHD fighter. Wasn’t like Floyd Mayweather who touched gloves and second later blasted Ortiz. If that’s all it takes to throw you off your game, that’s pretty pathetic .

Back