Rogan messed with the whole mma-world during Aldo vs Edgar

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Took me 3 hours to count every significant strike landed in every round. Watched all the exchanges in real time and in slowmotion, most of them multiple times to make sure I didnt miss anything. To count as a significant strike, the impact of the strike had to be clearly visible and/or the sound of the punch/strike landing had to be clear. I can confidently say the official stats at fightmatrix are way off. The margin of error here is probably + - 2 strikes for each fighter/round.

Here it is:

Round 1:

Aldo 10
Edgar 14

Fightmatrix: Aldo 14, Edgar 14

Those 4 extra strikes for Aldo just doesnt exist. You would literally have to count every strike that even touched Edgar as a sig.strike for Aldo, and not do the same for Edgar.

Round 2:

Aldo 16
Edgar 15

Fightmatrix: Aldo 14, Edgar 14

Ok.

Round 3:

Aldo 10
Edgar 17

Fightmatrix: Aldo 17, Edgar 21

Inexcusable job from official stats. There is no way there was that many even relatively decent shots to count as sig.strikes. It seems a lot of the strikes that actually missed or barely touched the opponent were counted as sig.strikes.

Round 4:

Aldo 16
Edgar 15

Fightmatrix: Aldo 16, Edgar 20

Round 5

Aldo 11
Edgar 11

Fightmatrix: Aldo 19, Edgar 10

Conclusion: Edgar won at least rounds 1 and 3 and the rest of the rounds were close aswell. You could argue Edgar won the fight and vice versa.

This was possibly the most biased commentary Ive ever heard from Rogan, and it seemed to fool almost all the fans, the media and the Fightmatrix staff aswell. Edgar clipped Aldo multiple times with hard shots and every round of the fight was competitive and close. Rogan made it sound like Aldo dominated the fight, and every strike Aldo landed was something amazing and that Edgar didnt have any power in his punches (or kicks) even when you could clearly see Aldos skull swinging hard from the impact of Edgar`s punches.

I really hope Rogan would just go away. He is ruining the fights too often for me to enjoy the commentary.

I know what I watched

48-47 Aldo

Last edited:
aldo dominated that fight, sorry

"look at his face!"- kflo

edit- i heard there was this new tech they're using, it's calling a mute button

Aldo finished stronger/landed the more significant strikes..

Edgar was roundly beaten In my opinion.

Personally I had it 4-1 Aldo, but could easily see 3-2 aswell.

It was close. Frankie isn't complaining tho so why should anyone else?

It's almost like "total volume of strikes" isn't the only factor in determining who wins a fight.

Frankie couldn't take José down so as a consequence he got beat up.

/Thread

Aldo decisively beat Frankie again. His grappling was completely nullified. He wasnt dominated as bad as the first 2 rounds of the 1st fight but overall he did less.

Im a Frankie fan but Jesus Christ some of u nuthuggers are fucking beyond delusion. Frankie is undefeated to u wackos.

I thought Aldo won pretty clearly but actually agree that Rogan was all the fuck over him lol. He also didn't give Edgar much credit. It was a lot closer than he made it seem.

I don't know what some of you people are even watching.

I didn't realize judges listen to Rogan's commentary as well.

Stats don't tell the full story, especially for this fight. Aldo was clearly the better fighter, landed the more important and cleaner shots, controlled the fight completely and made Edgar look like an amateur wrestler.

aldo dominated that fight, sorry

"look at his face!"- kflo

edit- i heard there was this new tech they're using, it's calling a mute button

Edgar looked about as beat as Fedor in his last fight. Beat half to death.

I thought Rogan was unacceptable in that fight. He was acting like Aldo was having this amazing performance and commenting every time he landed but said very little about Frankie.

Aldo fought like Mayweather and ran the entire time. He was quick and landed some hard shots but Edgar walked him down and outlanded him virtually the entire fight. Granted they weren't hard shots but he controlled the pace.

I thought the fight was extremely close and had numerous 10-10 rounds. Both guys didn't do enough.

it's about damage

Aldo walked through all of Frankie's offense

Edgar 0-11 TDs. Aldo was faster, more powerful and had the better cardio.

I'm loving post USADA Aldo.

If this is true, it will be last time i trust those stat tracker sites

Back