Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

They didn't need to be remembered. They were all on their way out.

LOL

Yeah, good point. No one remembers Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Darth Maul (after watching 4,6 and 1 respectively) or the T-800, Don Corleone, Tony Montana etc etc x1000.

But I'm saying the prequels were done without Disneys involvement, right? The IP sale didn't come till after the prequel trilogy.
Disney had nothing to do with the prequels.

I liked Rogue One more than The Force Awakens.
Not because Rogue One was spectacular or anything, but simply because TFA is meaningless, with some horrid scenes and glaring plot holes or loops or repeats of previous films.

TFA was doomed from the script, which mean doomed from the get go, and there was no way of fixing it. Think of being the director and you have to make a great movie when the characters from the script are:

- A stormtrooper who is a coward, a traitor and a deserter. He sweats a lot. He also has to be cast by a black actor who is unknown.
- A cute-faced girl who is a scavenger and in 2 minutes, becoms a jedi master. She needs to have british accent, look like Keira Knightley without being Keira Knightley. So you will be making a new Jedi Knightley.
- A deformed thing who pretends to be mean while transmitting over a big hologram with the voice of a comedian. He probably looks like that because of too much meth. Not even once.
- A rat-faced emo teenager who throws tantrums and then gets molested by the cute-faced scavenger.
- The awe inspiring Captain Phasma, who in less than .3 seconds, will betray her troops, superior officers, order and the imperium in general by agreeing to help destroy their super weapon because she's being held by a fur monster, an elder counterfeiter, and who knows who else.

A for Rogue One: If they cut out all the crap, they could add some 25-45 minutes of film to Episode IV. An extended version if you may call it so.

Things which made Rogue One worse:
- Kung fu guy. They didn't get the memo? It's been 20-25 years where kung fu guys only appear in comedies or chinese-historical films. No contribution to the plot, no clear background, terrible acting and ridiculous action and fighting scenes. Even agaist stormtroopers, who are the weakest and worst fighting force in the history of the universe, stickfighting is not an option.
- Boyfriend of kung fu guy. So he was in the movie to cry when kung fu guy dies. We understand, it's some interracial love.

Diego Luna's and the girl' acting were solid. The action sequences, sans kung fu, were decent. Visual effects were good in a star-warsey-sense.
All in all it's an entertaining film and i would recommend anyone to watch it.

But had it not existed... NOBODY would care.

i dont understand why disney didn't just use the Thawn triolgy instead trying to make they're own lore. I honestly could care less about that big troll guy named snork or smog...smoug whatever the fuck his name is

Hell why not use the x-wing novels an turn it into a full fledge TV serise? Noppppe they scapped all the old lore and made some new crap

Hell look at this...they could have made some much out of this area in star wars

But I'm saying the prequels were done without Disneys involvement, right? The IP sale didn't come till after the prequel trilogy.

Fair point. I actually hadn't considered that.

Watched it again today, and ran Ep. IV right after it.

The only thing that makes no sense now is they didn't write something into R1 to help the ruse of Leia's ship being on a diplomatic mission that was no where near the Rebel attack.

I mean, Darth Vader just chased her ass from Scarif. How is she gonna try to play mind games with Vader, lol.

Either way, still love it better than Ep. VII.

I didn't think Force Awakens was a good movie. It was okay.

rewatched R1...

it's un rewatchable, holy shit, thumb got tired from >>

jus saying.

Rogue one was superior in every way imo. "Who's with me!!!"

I hope episodes 8 and 9 step it up. Or Disney will feel my nest wrath

That's nerd wrath (GD auto correct)

Yeah Ep.7 looking back at it is not that good in relation to the rest of the films.

Oh to much sand, the paralrism from the OT is so forced.

Yeah they should have tittled it "Forced Awakening" it is so forced.

images

Star Wars sucks

Just watched Rogue one, and found it to be pretty boring. Nothing gripped me about it. Sure, it's got some good action, and the Vader part at the end is cool, but it's just not enough. I liken it to a fireworks show where there's a bunch of pretty colors and loud noises, and once it's over, you go home and think nothing more of it.

I also didn't like Force Awakens that much either. Just felt like a rehash of New Hope and not nearly as memorable. Although, I liked it better than Rogue One.

I much preferred Rogue One over TFA. It felt a bit like a Star Wars cross between the Dirty Dozen and the Guns of the Navarone. It didn't get everything right, but it was a much more interesting movie than TFA. Force Awakens did some things very well, the effects were great, and the first half of the movie was wonderful. I felt it went downhill as things went along, where Rogue One picked up pace along the way.

In short, if I were to compare the two with a terrible MMA analogy:
The Force Awakens = Overeem - It looked amazing, threw some big punches but burnt out by the end of the first round.
Rogue One = Georges St. Pierre - Not as big, but it never gassed out and won the decision after going the distance and winning rather comfortably.

Preferred Rogue One as well but I think I was mostly neutral until the final Vader scene. TFA left me feeling "meh'.

I tried watching Rogue One recently but got bored with it and switched off about half way through. My main problem being all the insipid characters who had about as much combined charisma and presence as a slug on mogadon. I'm a long time fan of Forest Whitaker but he in particular was fucking awful here.

TFA despite its faults at least held my attention to the end.

I dunno, but

Felicity Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>> Daisy Ridley

@pcptornado poll:

felicity-jones-ee-british-academy-awards-nominees-party-in-london.-feb.-2015_1.jpg

v

Daisy_Ridley_photo.filmcelebritiesactresses.blogspot-0029.jpg

Star Wars new generation special.

Book it!

Back