Romero beats you at your game- which of the 3 is his most impressive feat?

I really rate Romero. If he wins the title he could well be the GOAT MW based on the quality of his performances and against the monsters he's done it against. The only thing that may hold him back from GOATdom would be a win against Rockhold.

Everything is impressive...

people underestimate how good this guy is... and his fight iq as well.. hes playing chess in there... he planned and set up that flying knee on weidman.. he waited for his chance to pounce and tko machida too... timed the spinning backfist against jacare perfectly

I wasn't comparing Weidman's wrestling to Yoel's. It's just Weidman's strongest point and main game and to beat him at it you have to be damn good. To ragdoll him you have to be special.
Yoel is special. We knew his resume coming in.

-
tumblr_nqn1s3C7YE1rofocqo1_400.gif

Outstruck Machida standing. Sure Machida was on the slide and the TD threat was a big issue but it was still amazing and people didn't expect this.

-
gettyimages-501164402.jpg

Went into Jacare's guard and nearly KHTFO with his GnP. Just violently blasted right through a world class ATG grappler. I don't think I've ever seen this done in MMA before. Nobody even tries it because it's so dangerous. See Fedor-Werdum.

-
DisloyalLoneCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Ragdolling Weidman who was known as one of the best wrestlers in MMA. He outwrestled him so well he had his timing down to a pat which set up the flying knee.

Which one impressed you the most? For me it's the GnP on Jacare, somebody please post a gif of it and the aftermath when Souza gets up completely wobbled.
Jacare was fucked up from getting hit on the feet not a big deal more like you reaching.

I was more impressed with Jacare whooping him in the grappling exchanges.

I think what's most impressive about Romero is that Tim Kennedy win. Everyone rightfully hates Kennedy, but he was a grinder and a super tough guy to finish. Romero not only recovered from being badly rocked, but finished the guy in the 3rd.
******After cheating

Love all 3

He's a fucking stud

Sucks he's so old

I wish he was this good and like 26 lol

-
tumblr_nqn1s3C7YE1rofocqo1_400.gif

Outstruck Machida standing. Sure Machida was on the slide and the TD threat was a big issue but it was still amazing and people didn't expect this.

-
gettyimages-501164402.jpg

Went into Jacare's guard and nearly KHTFO with his GnP. Just violently blasted right through a world class ATG grappler. I don't think I've ever seen this done in MMA before. Nobody even tries it because it's so dangerous. See Fedor-Werdum.

-
DisloyalLoneCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Ragdolling Weidman who was known as one of the best wrestlers in MMA. He outwrestled him so well he had his timing down to a pat which set up the flying knee.

Which one impressed you the most? For me it's the GnP on Jacare, somebody please post a gif of it and the aftermath when Souza gets up completely wobbled.
The jacare fight was the clearest draw I ever seen

The ankle pick he pulled early in his career. It looked like an Aikido demonstration.

tumblr_mqdhz1jhcv1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I was impressed with how Romero stuffed Jacaré's TD in the 2nd round.

Holding the fence.

he didnt beat Machida on the feet all night not even close. he eventually slaughtered him but it wasnt like it was a total beatdown.

The premise of the question is flawed. I wouldn't say that these are examples of him beating people at their own game.

Yes, he did good work against Machida on the feet, but that's not where he beat him. He smashed him on the ground. And Machida has dramatically slowed in recent years (which is natural), so I don't think this example holds much water.

He certainly didn't beat Jacare at his own game. Yoel definitely landed nasty gnp in the first round of that fight, but Jacare was already dropped and hurt by that point. And ultimately, a majority of people thought Jacare won that fight.

And who in the world said that Weidman was one of the best wrestlers in MMA? That's ludicrous. Yoel is many levels above Weidman as a wrestler. As are a number of other people.

But out of these three examples, I'd say the Weidman fight is clearly the most impressive. As already mentioned, Machida was at the end of his career and many people thought Jacare won. But there are no asterisks on the way Yoel smashed Weidman.

he didnt beat Machida on the feet all night not even close. he eventually slaughtered him but it wasnt like it was a total beatdown.
He was definitly landing in the 2nd round.Onlyin 3rd he decided to finish the fight with wrestling.

Back