News Ronda Rousey finally opens up about reason she quit mma

“I think that there was just so much to (that loss), that I couldn’t talk about it in the form of like an interview or an article or anything like that, or there would be several filters between my words and people reading it,” Rousey said
Probably not necessary to pile on, but didn't she do an interview on Ellen right after?

i never liked ronda, but the amount of hate she gets is pretty over the top, even years after retirement. seems like she’s an emotionally fragile person, and once she lost, it finally started getting to her. just goes to show, you need thick skin if you want to play a heel in mma.

i also don’t really believe her story. maybe she had some concussions, but that’s clearly a pretext for the actual reasons she quit.

That may have something to do with it but I had the impression that it was because she took brutal losses and didn't think she could ever make it back to the top. Regardless, I think she made the right move retiring from MMA, even if she got some more wins she wasn't gonna be champ and very likely would've sustained more concussions. She hit the top and made a bunch of money, not much reason to continue, her career was highly likely to be all down hill after the Nunes loss.

At least with wrastling she gets to do something she enjoys, mitigate risk, and still get them greenbacks.

Never got the weird hate the hardcores have for her, her ground game was beautiful to watch and to this day there is still no one in the women's division that comes close.

I went through my Honda hater phase back in the day, but I don't hate her nowadays, looking back on her career and how she kind of made me take notice of WMMA early on. She was obnoxious for sure, but she did put on some fun fights, win or lose imo.

Well she did admit to hiding it so she could continue doing risky behavior.
Well you cant talk sense or be in objective in a Ronda Rousey thread. It gets proper virginal in here.

BTW ALL HAILS RRR

Where were all these concussions coming from? Other than the last 2 ass beatings she barely got hit in her career.

Well if you read,she says she got concussions from her Judo career also,where people get dumped on their fuckin head,which she has been doing since she was a kid.

Anyway in pro wrestling,she was at least in the beggining booked in a way where she wouldnt have to take crazy bumps.

Back