News Ronda Rousey finally opens up about reason she quit mma

Where were all these concussions coming from? Other than the last 2 ass beatings she barely got hit in her career.
Judo….gettin thrown around for years…no bueno for the brain. Wrestling and wrasslin’ are just as bad.

Reactions: HHJ
nahhhhhh that aint true. Ronda was definitley fighting more conservativley in this fight.

She definitley needed the mat time.

Someone who has alot of 30 second finishes are not "exposed" just because a fight goes longer. No one is ever going to always have those.

She def showed defensive holes in the standup though, but she took the punches well enough. But getting punched by Miesha and punched by Holly is two different things.

It was a war, and prior Ronda was all first rounders. This is true.
Conservatively means nothing. No clue what isn't true.

The length of the fight was not the exposure.

It was the first real challenge Ronda faced, and exposed her standup muscle memory.
Every other fight she moved forward and got a sub.

There is sparring experience, and there is mitt-work/bag. Dummy training.
You can see it clear as day, if you understand the difference. Specifically in that second tate fight.

Lesnar was similar. His sparring rounds were limited.
He did not like getting hit and froze up slightly. It is noticeable.
HIs grappling, like Ronda's, was top notch animal. War ready champions.
Their standup... was bull-rush straight down the pipe, and shoot for a leg.
Both had a STRONG punch. Neither seemed to last against real challenges.
Lesnar clipped Randy, over-came Mir yes... snuck past Carwin, but crumbled under Cain & Alistar in round 1.

Ronda got exposed the way Lesnar got exposed.

Ronda's standup against Tate was fucking dogshit once Tate landed a single punch.
It became a real fight in that moment. Ronda was used to Judo & dominating.
Not being punched in the face.

<WellThere>

It was a war, and prior Ronda was all first rounders. This is true.
Conservatively means nothing. No clue what isn't true.

The length of the fight was not the exposure.

It was the first real challenge Ronda faced, and exposed her standup muscle memory.
Every other fight she moved forward and got a sub.

There is sparring experience, and there is mitt-work/bag. Dummy training.
You can see it clear as day, if you understand the difference. Specifically in that second tate fight.

Lesnar was similar. His sparring rounds were limited.
He did not like getting hit and froze up slightly. It is noticeable.
HIs grappling, like Ronda's, was top notch animal. War ready champions.
Their standup... was bull-rush straight down the pipe, and shoot for a leg.
Both had a STRONG punch. Neither seemed to last against real challenges.
Lesnar clipped Randy, over-came Mir yes... snuck past Carwin, but crumbled under Cain & Alistar in round 1.

Ronda got exposed the way Lesnar got exposed.

Ronda's standup against Tate was fucking dogshit once Tate landed a single punch.
It became a real fight in that moment. Ronda was used to Judo & dominating.
Not being punched in the face.

<WellThere>
There are definitley parallels to Ronda and Brock but I didnt really see anything "exposed"

I dont think anyone expected someone with such limited experience to be a defensive striking dynamo. Thats why you got to get some rounds so you can figure these thing out.

I think the first fight was more of a war than the second one, even though it was shorter. Although admittedly its been a while since I watched either. Also Ronda went back to dominating after this fight. So it wasnt really any huge revelation.

Edmond bragged about betting on a third round finish in that fight before it happened. Very sketchy.

Sketchy to mention betting, but fight-wise it wasn't all that sketch.

It was a slobber knocker. Maybe she wanted to test her standup ...

<BC1>

Not saying she didnt have concussions, but the reason she quit MMA was she went from being on top of the world to getting her ass beat, and she couldnt handle the fall from grace so ran off to fake fighting where they could script her to look like a badass again. Similar situation to Brock.

Not saying she didnt have concussions, but the reason she quit MMA was she went from being on top of the world to getting her ass beat, and she couldnt handle the fall from grace so ran off to fake fighting where they could script her to look like a badass again. Similar situation to Brock.
Or it was just another way to make money?

There are definitley parallels to Ronda and Brock but I didnt really see anything "exposed"

I dont think anyone expected someone with such limited experience to be a defensive striking dynamo. Thats why you got to get some rounds so you can figure these thing out.

I think the first fight was more of a war than the second one, even though it was shorter. Although admittedly its been a while since I watched either. Also Ronda went back to dominating after this fight. So it wasnt really any huge revelation.

The original post was about Tate & her Coach exposing the blueprint to Ronda.

Can't even follow either of your replies. Is there a language barrier?
Your idea of "huge revelation, domination, exposed" ...
are far from applying the "blueprint" to Ronda's standup.
Long enough (3 rounds vs 1st round finishes) for the public to see.
All her fights were very quick. Footage was not very detailed, new to UFC.
UFC "exposed" ronda to the world. Meisha "exposed" her fight abilities.

Since the topic was concussions in judo,
the implication she sparred post-judo implies no concussions (by her logic/admission).
Or,
Ronda did not spar standup as much as others.

This was what Meisha Tate exposed when she landed on Ronda.
Ronda was not used to being bullied during that streak.
Tate kept escaping subs, landed punches, pushed Ronda into the 3rd.
Ronda eventually got the sub, but looked less impressive on the feet than her past performances.

What most of us saw, regardless of word choice (revelation, exposed, domination),
was that rogan was full of shit, and Ronda was about as experienced as CM Punk turned out to be.
Strictly in terms of sparring. Her grappling, like Lesnar's, was documented.

Still by far biggest star in wmma history. Deserved or not. No wmma could headline a ppv and be a top year seller Ronda could.

She brought tons of eyes to the sport. She deserves credit for that. Her win streak was an entire phenomena.

She's in the top 5 of MMA stars of all time, period.

She quit mma cause she realised she wasn’t as good as people made her out to be

She went to pro-wrestling.

Hard to take this concern too serious.
lol @ you thinking you’re above pro wrestling, go do a try out and see if your neckbeard can keep up the physical demands it requires.

lol @ you thinking you’re above pro wrestling, go do a try out and see if your neckbeard can keep up the physical demands it requires.

I'm taking your advice, since I'm way fitter than these lazy slobs.

Where do you get your wrestling underwear? I need a link.

I'm gonna put CM Bitch in a sharpshooter and become European champion at the Royal Rumble.
How does he beat me? I agree? lulz.

Last edited:
Back