Rose is in a rough spot

The one time Rose didn't show up was against Carla. I think that was a special case of fearing the grappling + already knowing she'd gassed and lost to her once.

I don't think we'll ever see that Rose again.

There hasn't been any other fight where Rose hasn't been her normal self.
Rose was 22, skinny and on her fourth pro fight the first time she faced Esparza (Carla had thrice the experience).

She has improved ridiculously more than Carla since then. Not to mention that she's much bigger than Carla.

The little that happened in the second "fight" proved Carla had absolutely nothing on Rose.

Carla couldn't hold her down for a single second; the one time she got her back, Rose shook her off like she was a kid, and Rose took Carla down with absolute ease in the fifth. Rose could have probably even outgrappled Carla if she had actually tried to fight.

Prior to this "fight", Rose had been facing the best of the best in the division and went 5-1 against them. The UFC decided to give her a freebie. Carla was the easist fight she could have asked for. The perfect opportunity to avenge that old loss from 2014 and become the first SW to beat all the other champions (Carla being by far the weakest of them).

Fearing the same thing would happen was completely irrational. Rose has the skills and the size to murder Carla. If that was the reason for her embarrassing performance, whoever has been working with her on her mental struggles has failed miserably.

Last edited:
She can beat anyone, if she fights to her potential. That includes at 125.

Whether that happens or not is up to her.

People have been harping on her mental issues and inconsistency since the first Esparza fight.

She's consistently proven people wrong countless times since then.

I don't know how to gauge where she is currently, but she isnt someone to sleep on.

She's always been a headcase with bad coaches.

talented fighter though, but her peak is behind her.
Trevor Wittman and Greg Nelson are not bad coaches..tf you talking about

Even pat has been a good coach throughout her career. He's just had some addiction issues, so there's been times where he was a bit inconsistent. Especially as a cornerman.

But, he's been invaluable to her career and a huge factor in why she beat Joanna twice.

Rose was 22, skinny and on her fourth pro fight the first time she faced Esparza (Carla had thrice the experience).

She has improved ridiculously more than Carla since then. Not to mention that she's much bigger than Carla.

The little that happened in the second "fight" proved Carla had absolutely nothing on Rose.

Carla couldn't hold her down for a single second; the one time she got her back, Rose shook her off like she was a kid, and Rose took Carla down with absolute ease in the fifth. Rose could have probably even outgrappled Carla if she had actually tried to fight.

Prior to this "fight", Rose had been facing the best of the best in the division and went 5-1 against them. The UFC decided to give her a freebie. Carla was the easist fight she could have asked for. The perfect opportunity to avenge that old loss from 2014 and become the first SW to beat all the other champions (Carla being by far the weakest of them).

Fearing the same thing would happen was completely irrational. Rose has the skills and the size to murder Carla. If that was the reason for her embarrassing performance, whoever has been working with her on her mental struggles has failed miserably.

Yeh, but I mean like I said, it's the only time Rose has ever come in and mentally shat the bed like that. Her acting like that once the fight starts isn't some common thing like a lot of people make out.

I think we gotta also give her coaches some of the blame, and I don't just mean Pat. She made it pretty clear she was just sticking to the gameplan they'd laid out. It was obviously a dumb one that just didn't at all have a good read on Carla's threat level, but that happens, I guess.

Yeh, but I mean like I said, it's the only time Rose has ever come in and mentally shat the bed like that. Her acting like that once the fight starts isn't some common thing like a lot of people make out.

I think we gotta also give her coaches some of the blame, and I don't just mean Pat. She made it pretty clear she was just sticking to the gameplan they'd laid out. It was obviously a dumb one that just didn't at all have a good read on Carla's threat level, but that happens, I guess.
Trevor was telling her that she needed to be more active. It was Pat who told her: "Hear the boos? You're doing it right."

The guy is a moron and she's way to dependent on him. I've never seen her give an interview without him supervising what she says from a few feet away.

She is old and experienced enough to realize on her own that Carla posed no threat and that she needed to take the initiative. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible for her to go against what the Pat tells her to do.

She obviously has the skills to finish Ribas, but I don't think she can win a second belt without leaving Pat at home and getting a real coach.

She is old and experienced enough to realize on her own that Carla posed no threat and that she needed to take the initiative. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible for her to go against what the Pat tells her to do.
I think Carla is a bad matchup for her, she definitely poses a threat to Rose. Some girls Rose just looks bad against. Karelina bullied the hell out of her., I was surprised the judges gave her that fight. I think some girls just have her number.

@Furious77 - your quote fucked up so I couldn't reply directly.

Rose can fall apart if she's pressure enough. Up until the Carla rematch, the only loss she'd ever had where she had just simply been out-skilled was when Tecia beat her back in Invicta in what was her third pro fight.

Every other time it was because she slowed down.

KK is a pressure fighter. Her whole game was built around wearing girls down and working them over. That's how she beat Rose.

Carla in the first fight was the same. Rose was a lot more raw back then, and she got tired and then submitted.

She was beating Andrade easily until she started to slow down and couldn't keep Andrade from closing distance, then she got dropped on her head. Even in the rematch, she looked way more dominant in rounds 1 and 2 than 3, where she started to slow. A lot of Rose's success is based on her footwork, and once that goes she really suffers. She doesn't turn into a can or anything mid fight, but the change is pretty noticeable.

I think what happened with the Carla rematch is that her and her coaches were so worried about her slowing down and being an easy td target that they built a gameplan around avoiding it too much. In the end she didn't do enough to get tired and make mistakes, but she also didn't do enough to win the fight either.

Will always remember this fight as I had like 2.5k on a mult and this fight to have a finish was the last leg. I was laughing telling a mate that there's no way the fight would go the distance unless they both decided to just stand there and stare at each for 5 whole rounds . . . lol.

The one time Rose didn't show up was against Carla. I think that was a special case of fearing the grappling + already knowing she'd gassed and lost to her once.

Rose fans have an excuse for all her losses:

Carla and Tecia 1: rose too green
KK: rose was going through relationship troubles
Andrade 1: fluke bro
Carla 2: Rose just didn't show up
Manon: Rose had hurt finger.

She's a high level fighter, but like I've said multiple times in this thread: she'll be inconsistent regardless of the weight class.

14 fights against the best female fighters in the world, over ten years.

Goes 9-5. Two losses were splits.

4-0 against the absolute best in the entire history of the division. One of those retired. The other is champ.

I get your idea, but you keep saying "inconsistent."
Do that Andre the Giant gif: I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Winning 3 for every loss, constantly fighting the best, only no-showing once in ten years.

That's a dog. Not "inconsistent."

BTW, I watched a Rose vid today. She's sounds better now than she has in a long time. Talked about pursuing faith and dropping bad habits.

If ima guess, she cut out the weed. She sounds way less dumb than she did after the Carla fight and Gillian grapple.

Thx.

It is at the highest level of the sport and she is a dog, but for a championship level fighter it's still inconsistent anyway you spin it. Only having 14 fights in a 10 year span is sign of inconsistency. Never winning more than 3 in a row as a championship level fighter is a sign of inconsistency. And there's no reason to believe that will change now, regardless of the weight class she's in.

She is a great fighter, I just don't see much difference for her right now if she fights at 115lbs or 125lbs. I think she'll win a few big ones and lose a big one here and there the same as she always has. At least 125lbs has fresh match ups for her in a career that has been littered with rematches

Last edited:

Yea man, Rose is definitely not the same. Even if she did win, this Rose us going nowhere in this division

Yea man, Rose is definitely not the same. Even if she did win, this Rose us going nowhere in this division

Yeh, mentally, she seems in as good a place as ever, but after this fight, I'd say you're right: 125 doesn't appear to be right for her.

She's still probably more skilled than most of the division, but she just doesn't seem to have any sort of power here. At SW, she was able to deter or stop bulls like Andrade and Zhang, but at FLW she can't even stun a girl like Ribas, who has been dropped or outright flattened in both divisions by lesser strikers.

I once saw her sparring videos with Val - she was totally schooled on feet and on the floor, so yep, her future is not very bright here. I suppose she has retirement on her mind so into just money fights without having to cut much weight ..

Yeh, mentally, she seems in as good a place as ever, but after this fight, I'd say you're right: 125 doesn't appear to be right for her.

She's still probably more skilled than most of the division, but she just doesn't seem to have any sort of power here. At SW, she was able to deter or stop bulls like Andrade and Zhang, but at FLW she can't even stun a girl like Ribas, who has been dropped or outright flattened in both divisions by lesser strikers.
Yea sadly I think Rose's best fights are behind her. She doesn't seem to have any intention of returning to 115 and if this is how she's gonna fight from now on, them I'm not interested

Rose is just a massive headcase.
PVZ suggested to cut hair, doesn't do it. But Rose does...

With long hair, she would have like 5 times the following. Free title shots on a plate.
Instead she chose not to fight against Dwarf Esparza

And then fights bigger Fiorot

Her decisions are the opposite of smart. Not much prime left either.
its pat berry's choice to cut her hair.

Rose is a great fighter. Had a couple off and dud nights like most greats. Some of you dudes need pussy. You start over hating on the women fighters. Her record has her as great. Her bouncing back from adversity says great. Some of you sound mad you couldn’t Pat Berry her yourself smh. The nerve. War Thug Rose

I've never thought of Rose as inconsistent.

Consistently, there was no way she could ever beat Joanna or Weili even once.
She won all four.

She was lighting Andrade up before hanging on a kimura too long. Then she came back and beat her.
She fought (like actually fought) the bigger Fiorot and got beat up. That wasn't a no-show.

Her only no-show was a weed-addled attitude that "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ", so she ran for a whole fight thinking that would win it, and suddenly the belt was gone.
That was a no-show, but it was an intentional no-show chosen by dumb people.
It wasn't an "inconsistent" no-show perpetrated by an unpredictable and inconsistent fighter.

Rose inconsistent? I don't think so.
she's very inconsistant. I dont think shes even won 4 fights in a row before

I don't think we can blame this on the weight class considering Rose's last fight at 115lbs was even worse and Ribas herself bounces between 115lbs and 125lbs. It's just where Rose is at these days.

she's very inconsistant. I dont think shes even won 4 fights in a row before

Trust me, I tried to tell this guy that multiple times lol.

Last edited:
Rose is a great fighter. Had a couple off and dud nights like most greats. Some of you dudes need pussy. You start over hating on the women fighters. Her record has her as great. Her bouncing back from adversity says great. Some of you sound mad you couldn’t Pat Berry her yourself smh. The nerve. War Thug Rose
cringe

She doesn't seem to have the same power at 125.

That's how she got her biggest wins. Knocking out Joanna and the Chinese girl

Yeah it's pretty plain to see.

Fiorot, Santos, blanchefield, Shevchenko, Grasso all likely outwork her

think i heard santos is gone now though.

Back