Rose is in a rough spot

I don't think we can blame this on the weight class considering Rose's last fight at 115lbs was even worse and Ribas herself bounces between 115lbs and 125lbs. It's just where Rose is at these days.

Trust me, I tried to tell this guy that multiple times lol.
You keep on saying that but it's obvious her power hasn't carried over from 115.

You keep on saying that but it's obvious her power hasn't carried over from 115.

Her change in approach and tactics is the problem. She's more tentative than ever and has adopted a point style. She wasn't sitting on her punches as much against ribas and she was having an oddly difficult time finding ribas at times, even over extending at times. She also wasn't kicking much. She was there to touch on the feet. Time takedowns, sit in guard, go body body head, and ride out a decision. Watch how she fought and listen to her corner. It wasn't lack of power -- it was her style that she's been using lately.

This fighting style is becoming a trend of hers. Her last fight at 115lbs was even worse than her last two at 125lbs. Hell, even her last win at 115lbs was a close split decision that she squeeked out with some ground control again.

I'm not one of the sherdoggers that bags on pat and their relationship, but his coaching lately is leading her to a lot of fights like this one, and that's not the best rose can be. She's going to lose another close fight soon fighting this style. It's like she forgot that IT'S A FIGHT, you know what I mean? The problem is how she's approaching fighting recently; it's not the weight.

I'm repeating myself, but this is where rose is at, regardless of the division.

Last edited:
Her change in approach and tactics is the problem. She's more tentative than ever and has adopted a point style. She wasn't sitting on her punches as much against ribas and she was having an oddly difficult time finding ribas at times, even over extending at times. She also wasn't kicking much. She was there to touch on the feet. Time takedowns, sit in guard, go body body head, and ride out a decision. Watch how she fought and listen to her corner. It wasn't lack of power -- it was her style that she's been using lately.

This fighting style is becoming a trend of hers. Her last fight at 115lbs was even worse than her last two at 125lbs. Hell, even her last win at 115lbs was a close split decision that she squeeked out with some ground control again.

I'm not one of the sherdoggers that bags on pat and their relationship, but his coaching lately is leading her to a lot of fights like this one, and that's not the best rose can be. She's going to lose another close fight soon fighting this style. It's like she forgot that IT'S A FIGHT, you know what I mean? The problem is how she's approaching fighting recently; it's not the weight.

I'm repeating myself, but this is where rose is at, regardless of the division.
I think it's both, frankly.

If she fights Maycee like this she's gonna get her ass kicked

She's in wrong division for her career. She's fighting fight night cards at Flyweight when she could of been fighting on ufc 300 agsinst Zhang who she beaten twice for a belt n more money.

Rose has dumbest advisors in mma an dumbest coaches

To be fair, it feels like she retired during the Esparza fight.
I was there live for the fight -- every single person in the arena was booing (and everyone was pulling for rose prior to the start).

So -- yes, good luck to the UFC trying to act like she is BJ Penn after these last few performances.

I was there live for the fight -- every single person in the arena was booing (and everyone was pulling for rose prior to the start).

So -- yes, good luck to the UFC trying to act like she is BJ Penn after these last few performances.
Rose fought dumbest fight I ever saw. Carla took her down an she bounced up everytime yet refused to engage . She would have won against Figout if she didn't lose ability throw right hand a minute in . She not strong enough for Val or Grasso.

I don't think we can blame this on the weight class considering Rose's last fight at 115lbs was even worse and Ribas herself bounces between 115lbs and 125lbs. It's just where Rose is at these days.

The last fight at 115 against Carla was different though. In that she just came in with a completely different approach that was dumb and didn't work. While in her last two fights at 125, she's been doing exactly what she's done in every other fight but just isn't effective at doing any damage.

She's clearly skilled enough, and I know she broke her hand early against Manon, but she should be able to at least hurt someone like Ribas, and yet she couldn't even seem to really deter her with any hard shots.

IDK man, she's basically turning into a less physical version of Katlyn Cerminara, with less output. I don't see this style cutting it to beat the top of this division. I would advise her to drop down to 115 if this is truly her style going forward.

She wants to be champ by the end of this year.
She’s delusional, then. Barring some catastrophe. The winner of Erin/Manon is next. And that fight probably won’t happen until 2024. Alexa/Shevchenko 3 isn’t until the middle of September. Because the UFC loves stupid rematches, and trilogies.

She just never seems quite grounded in reality sometimes. Like losing to number 3, and then beating number 8 does not equal a TS. She’ll need at least one or two more wins, depending how the two big fights ahead turn out. But September is still 6 months away.

The UFC fucked this division up so badly. It’s finally worth watching. But the next challenger is going to sit out a minimum of 9-10 months. Maybe even anywhere up to a year+. That’s fucked up, and unacceptable, imo.

Alexa/Shevchenko coaching TUF. People didn’t even tune in for Conor. But they expect these girls to bring in viewers?

She’s delusional, then. Barring some catastrophe. The winner of Erin/Manon is next. And that fight probably won’t happen until 2024. Alexa/Shevchenko 3 isn’t until the middle of September. Because the UFC loves stupid rematches, and trilogies.

She just never seems quite grounded in reality sometimes. Like losing to number 3, and then beating number 8 does not equal a TS. She’ll need at least one or two more wins, depending how the two big fights ahead turn out. But September is still 6 months away.

The UFC fucked this division up so badly. It’s finally worth watching. But the next challenger is going to sit out a minimum of 9-10 months. Maybe even anywhere up to a year+. That’s fucked up, and unacceptable, imo.

Alexa/Shevchenko coaching TUF. People didn’t even tune in for Conor. But they expect these girls to bring in viewers?
Yes I agree way too many rematches. On a side note I think Tatiana could whoop them all but only time will tell.

Back