Rousey clearly cheated vs Nunes

Why the fuck wasn't Nunes flurrying like Vitor Belfort? Rousey got off easy

She probably still respected Housey's Judo top game and didn't wan to fully commit on the flurrying range.

this was insane. Warren is puking backstage he was concussed so badly.
I'm surprised he didn't have and serious damage from this one. I'm sure those monster shots to the body didnt feel to great either while he was all fucked up... Even Dan Mirgliotta woulda stopped it earlier!

Ronda had serious heart though, she just refused to go down. I wonder though how good she is off of her back. Maybe she could have pulled a Diaz brother move where they're happy to go down after a hard shot as it allows them to recover and opponents usually don't follow.

No she got pummeled so quickly she didn't have time to go down.

Early stoppage. God, I hate it when fights are stopped, and there's not even a knock down.
Guys have died later in hospital after fights which were stopped before they were knocked down. Ronda was done. I'm sorry it was not as aesthetically pleasing as you would have liked.

Ronda woulda taken an arm home if it hit the mat, lucky for nunes herb saved her right before ronda could use her special move

Yea, BJJ black belts like Nunes have no idea what armbars are, nor would they train extensively to counter them, for the biggest fight of their life or anything, right?

Yea, BJJ black belts like Nunes have no idea what armbars are, nor would they train extensively to counter them, for the biggest fight of their life or anything, right?
She never seen a quick armbar like rondas, u learn in judo to go right from throw to armbar, not all the hugging and stuff they use as filler in bjj. She was about to get tapped i cant believe herb stopped it right when ronda was baiting nunes into her trap, unlucky

Ronda's fence-grabbing is an existential metaphor of her desperate grasp onto her old facade -- before the Holly Holm fight where she was undefeated. Her grip eventually gives way from her stumbling stance, the shaky foundation represented by her wilting, crumbling career in and outside of WMMA.

Those 48 seconds to Ronda Rousey was the death knell of her entire future, and marked the end of one of the biggest hype jobs in UFC history.

giphy.gif

When human panics their first instincts is to grab - Conor Mcgregor

OH. MY. GAAAAAWWWWWWWWWD!!

There needs to be a commission to investigate this IMMEDIATELY. I will get the ball rolling by notify some leading Men's Rights Activists (MRMs) in my area.

Don't think it was an early stoppage but pretty sure if it wasn't Rousey it would have gone longer

This is exactly how it will be when Conor is about to get KTFO one day. The ref will jump in and save him

yep she was gone without the fence.

Yeah...

I noticed it too. But, as with criminal law. The crown must prove intent.

Ronda was on Queer Street. She was running on instinct.

If she wasn't such an ass. I'd probably feel sorry for her. But, she has done ZERO to endear herself to ppl like myself.

Early stoppage. God, I hate it when fights are stopped, and there's not even a knock down.

“There has been many a time when myself or another fighter has been in a match with our hands up and from the outside that looks like awareness and intelligent defence, but does it put a stop to what’s happening? No, that’s totally irrelevant. If you’re being punched and are unable to stop it then I’m taking the decision out of your hands. You may be awake at the finish with your arms in the air telling me you knew what was happening, but could you stop it? Could you prevent it? That’s the key, you need to effectively do something about it.

“Of course fighters are brave and they have heart but that’s not what it’s about. There’s a notion in MMA where people think you’ve got to have a kill shot, where the fight isn’t over until somebody hits the floor. I have and will stop matches when standing. It’s rare in MMA but not for a reff who knows the game. You have to recognise when a fighter isn’t capable of changing the outcome or wants out of there, whether they know this consciously or subconsciously. This is probably the most passionate thing in my mind at the moment.” - Marc Goddard

Back