Rousey clearly cheated vs Nunes

should have stopped the fight and deducted a point
then resume fight

“There has been many a time when myself or another fighter has been in a match with our hands up and from the outside that looks like awareness and intelligent defence, but does it put a stop to what’s happening? No, that’s totally irrelevant. If you’re being punched and are unable to stop it then I’m taking the decision out of your hands. You may be awake at the finish with your arms in the air telling me you knew what was happening, but could you stop it? Could you prevent it? That’s the key, you need to effectively do something about it.

“Of course fighters are brave and they have heart but that’s not what it’s about. There’s a notion in MMA where people think you’ve got to have a kill shot, where the fight isn’t over until somebody hits the floor. I have and will stop matches when standing. It’s rare in MMA but not for a reff who knows the game. You have to recognise when a fighter isn’t capable of changing the outcome or wants out of there, whether they know this consciously or subconsciously. This is probably the most passionate thing in my mind at the moment.” - Marc Goddard

Goddard has a history of late stoppages. That is, I believe, what led Samuel Beckett to write his famous play Waiting for Goddard.

This has to be the most moronic thread of 2017. So far...

I seriously think Nunes was using RRR's big mole as a bull's-eye....she hit that thing like it owed her money. If she went for her jaw she would have been out cold.
And why does RRR's mouth always flap open when she gets hit? Same thing when Holly was tagging her. Is it lack of sparring discipline not biting down on the mouthpiece?

Mouth open = invitation to broken jaw.

Perhaps Ronda just just went to the ground and pray for a scramble sub. I know Amanda is very good on the ground. So is Nogueira and shit worked out for Mir.

A left hook? Wtf does it look like
Well you don't close your eyes when you throw a punch, you also don't usually hit yourself in the side of your head with your shoulder.
So to me it looks like some kind of tard having some kind of palsy fit I guess...

The cage shouldn't even be there, it should be surrounded by a moat with alligators.

curran2.gif

Another early stoppage. When will the Refs stop making it about themselves and start letting these guys bang?

I don't have the best memory, but it often feels like the standing stoppages are some of the most brutal.

If being tough is your best strength, quit combat sports.

She never seen a quick armbar like rondas, u learn in judo to go right from throw to armbar, not all the hugging and stuff they use as filler in bjj. She was about to get tapped i cant believe herb stopped it right when ronda was baiting nunes into her trap, unlucky

Tell me what these "hugging and stuff they use as filler in bjj. " are. Give us examples.

It could have been knock down by Nunes but Ronda blatantly grabbed the fence to not fall. I wish Nunes hammer fisted her.

source.gif

You are allowed to post in the fence with your hand, you just cant hold and grip it which she didnt. You can treat it like a wall. She didnt cheat and still got KOed standing

There is no rule that I'm aware of against grabbing the fence to keep yourself from falling when rocked. Pretty sure thats only a rule if you do it to gain an advantagious position or avoid a takedown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back