Rousey just came out at Royal Rumble, signs full time deal with WWE

Just saw the segment in context. Man she was nervous & awkward. She missed so many cues & jumping into a stance when she pointed at the Mania sign was really cringy
Hopefully he gets better
She admitted she was completely nervous

That jacket is a better fit for her than Edmund.

and that jacket was terrible.

Same here, I don't wish ill on anyone. I hope she finds some peace and clarity in her own mind

I'm no fan of hers & how she handles things, but I agree.
I hope it turns out OK & she does a good job.
If not I guess this can be added to things she will refuse to talk about to press

It was Piper's
She wore it to pay homage

oh real? didnt know that - makes it a little cooler then.

but it really wasnt that flattering considering.

anyways, tbh i hope she finds some happiness over there and can get on with doing life, she's had a pretty juxtaposed few years so im sure she'll settle in and get more familiar with the show

More than UFC?
Not even close

More money for effort/time spent. She practically shows up and cashes a check. No more grueling training camps and likely far less recovery time.

oh real? didnt know that - makes it a little cooler then.

but it really wasnt that flattering considering.

anyways, tbh i hope she finds some happiness over there and can get on with doing life, she's had a pretty juxtaposed few years so im sure she'll settle in and get more familiar with the show

Yeah, she said it was Pipers on ESPN afterwards

More money for effort/time spent. She practically shows up and cashes a check. No more grueling training camps and likely far less recovery time.

That is yet to be seen.
We have no idea the deal or amount of effort needed.

She said she is FT
If so, no chance it is what you said.
WWE performers do 200-250 dates & much more work for a lot less money

Just saw the segment in context. Man she was nervous & awkward. She missed so many cues & jumping into a stance when she pointed at the Mania sign was really cringy
Hopefully he gets better

Ronda always seems uncomfortable, even trying to just be herself. She was weird for most all of TUF.

It was cool she came out to Bad Reputation. Is rather have had them show her walking from the back, down to the ring with her bitch face, like she did in UFC.

The idea is for RR/Rock to go against HHH/Steph, but Rock is not a definite. The issues are insurance companies (Rock hurt himself last time he wrestled)
If not Rock, Braun is a possibility.

The 4H thing was killed a few months ago by Vince. Duke & Shafir stopped training at WWE Performance Center. No idea who's choice that was, but their PC is really tough & they work out there 40 hrs a week & then do small shows Fri & Sat.

So...she is so bad that they only trust her with two of the bosses in the match along with someone that will do the lion's share of talking/wrestling for her?

Why did she come out with a big goofy smile like a school girl? Sort of out of character. Overall just seemed lame, she doesn't have the acting skills or charisma (ie None) for WWE. Wont last long imo.

And why is anyone comparing her to Brock? He might not be Flair but he can actually cut decent promos.

Facial expressions that don't fit the situation? It's almost like she is autistic and doesn't realize how different her real world performance is from the image in her head.

So...she is so bad that they only trust her with two of the bosses in the match along with someone that will do the lion's share of talking/wrestling for her?

I get that!
Its actually the smart booking.
She is obviously awkward & needs more training, so they can get a lot of attention while she approves her in-ring and promos.
After that, she can move on to Charlotte & have a little more experience.

Hopefully he gets better

Ye was really awful. How hard is it to friggin just stand there and point properly without looking lame as hell? lol

I would love to see Travis Browne and Edmond come out as a tag team.

They would be better served not being in the ring. I can see them as a 2018 version of the Stooges, Patterson and Brisco, fighting with each other.

Rousey is going to need some garnish and these two are it. Unless they go with my Purple Pillow gimmick I suggested in another thread.

The best would be in a faction with Brock and Heyman.

Last edited:
Hide her weaknesses, then exploit them later on. That is what WWE does. She is being hot shotted, then they will shit on her.
I really hope this doesnt happen. It is a great strategy to get someone over, or get some heat.. but the performer has to be able to understand that... And from everything ive seen, Ronda would not be able to handle that

I'll give her a chance.

Although, hot shotting her into WM title match is probably not the wisest of decisions, given how green she is. Oh', and you know that thing that UFC fans do to Pro-Wrestlers crossing over? Yeah, WWE fans will be just as brutal if she can't work a decent match, or cringes it up on promos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back