Media Rumble Johnson in incredible shape 2 weeks out from fight

Rumble

Yoel doesn't wrestle anymore because he will gas. But who knows there is no USADA in Bellator. He might have crazy cardio now
He usually tries a takedown or 2 at least still, just can't seem to keep anyone down and control them, which has never really been his thing either. I think Izzy was a very different opponent defensively and evasively.

Loads of explosive energy that often gets scrambled out of.. I don't know how good Rumble is at this kind of get up.. But I know Yoel is also pretty impossible to control on the ground too.
UntimelyClosedBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

I still think the wrestling threat will be there, and could make his own striking more effective.. He's a sneaky guy.

Rumble

Yoel doesn't wrestle anymore because he will gas. But who knows, there is no USADA in Bellator. He might have crazy cardio now

A few years ago I made a post rumble Vs Romero , everyone was making fun of me that fight would never happen. And here we are.. I wish I could find it

Survived against Izzy?

Really? That fight was a joke by both fighters. Easy to survive against someone that shadow boxes for 25 minutes.

Against Costa, Romero ate a ton of shots. Costa simply didn't have the power to put him away. Rumble or Costa, who do you think hits harder?

And hey because Romero had fights at 205 10 years ago, that's totally relevant when he has spent those last 10 years cutting to 185.
rumble hits harder than costa and is not even close

He usually tries a takedown or 2 at least still, just can't seem to keep anyone down and control them, which has never really been his thing either. I think Izzy was a very different opponent defensively and evasively.

Loads of explosive energy that often gets scrambled out of.. I don't know how good Rumble is at this kind of get up.. But I know Yoel is also pretty impossible to control on the ground too.

I still think the wrestling threat will be there, and could make his own striking more effective.. He's a sneaky guy.

He is in his 40's. He reminds me of BHop in this sense. He doesn't give a fuck if he stinks the place out he just does the absolute bare minimum required due to his age and gas tank.

You could argue I spose Rumble's real weakness grappling wise is that when guys control him he comes VERY passive, its pretty easy to slowly build up position and tap him with a RNC for an elite fighter.

If Romero looked for a takedown and then tried to blast him with elbows ala Machida it could be Rumble isnt so vunerable to that.

You could argue I spose Rumble's real weakness grappling wise is that when guys control him he comes VERY passive, its pretty easy to slowly build up position and tap him with a RNC for an elite fighter.

If Romero looked for a takedown and then tried to blast him with elbows ala Machida it could be Rumble isnt so vunerable to that.
Yeah that's exactly the kind of impression I got!

However I wonder whether AJ will be cautious of striking because of that style takedown he'll probably be okay with.

He is in his 40's. He reminds me of BHop in this sense. He doesn't give a fuck if he stinks the place out he just does the absolute bare minimum required due to his age and gas tank.
I'm certain he'd take the W via any which circumstances lol.

This is either going to be the best fight of all time or the worst fight of all time.
Romero tends to drag things out at times, but I don’t think Rumble is capable of making a fight boring. He will push the action if Romero doesn’t.

Rumble tends to gas when the pace is pushed on him. He has decent cardio (at 205). Went the distance with Davis and Arolvski no problems. I believe he’s wilting, not gassing at 205.

That will make it interesting to see how Yoel fights, the kind of slow matches he's had at MW for years I think Rumble can probably live with that pace over 5 rounds.

If Rumble wins I think Nemkov is likely to be a bigger test in terms of cardio and submission threat.

It's so weird all these different rumbles that exist. There's skeletor alien head welterweight rumble, bloated moon face instagram body builder rumble, lhw/mw rumble that looks the healthiest. He looks great here.

Rumble blew up to who knows what weight. zero time in the case and then dropped all this weight and physically looks good. I think due to time away + massive shift in body weight will fuck with him performance wise. Romero wins this.

Back