Media Rumble Johnson in incredible shape 2 weeks out from fight

ElaborateInfiniteAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

A green Romero tbf.
The spinning stuff caught him by surprise, just like Costa did, those usually drop you. He tried to fight it after, but Feijao threw full power left to his temple when Romero threw left himself, leaning into it, then Feijao threw a big right hook on the chin also when Yoel leaned into it. How Yoel was still conscious is beyond me.

It's been 5 years since his last win and 4 years since he last competed in MMA.

I have my doubts on seeing a very good Rumble Johnson. He may surprise us, but I would not hold my breathe on anything.

I'm amazed at how much stock people still have in 37 year old Rumble, his last win was mid 2016, and he's ballooned and done Sumo since, does anyone know if he's been training for that entire inactive time?

I guess another testament to whether ring rust is real or not. I bet Conor is favouring Yoel.

It's not like Romero has looked good in any of his recent fights. He's what 43 now? Plus he's moving up to 205.

Rumble will be hitting a lot harder than anybody he fought at MW in the UFC.

It's not like Romero has looked good in any of his recent fights. He's what 43 now? Plus he's moving up to 205.

Rumble will be hitting a lot harder than anybody he fought at MW in the UFC.
I disagree, I think Romero has looked good in all but 1 of his fights since Rumble retired.. but neither did the Champ look good in that, and he still survived better than almost anyone else has against Izzy at MW.

He's fought at 205 before, his first 5 MMA fights were, 4 he won by KO or TKO and 1 he lost, way back between 2009-2011... Plus that may also give him an advantage seeing as gassing and weight cutting have been an issue for him..

You're guessing Rumble is gonna catch him with hard bombs based on footage from half a decade ago or?

Maybe this new training he's been doing in between getting stoned and not enjoying fighting
maxresdefault.jpg

I disagree, I think Romero has looked good in all but 1 of his fights since Rumble retired.. but neither did the Champ look good in that, and he still survived better than almost anyone else has against Izzy at MW.

He's fought at 205 before, his first 5 MMA fights were, 4 he won by KO or TKO and 1 he lost, way back between 2009-2011... Plus that may also give him an advantage seeing as gassing and weight cutting have been an issue for him..

You're guessing Rumble is gonna catch him with hard bombs based on footage from half a decade ago or?

Maybe this new training he's been doing in between getting stoned and not enjoying fighting
maxresdefault.jpg

Survived against Izzy?

Really? That fight was a joke by both fighters. Easy to survive against someone that shadow boxes for 25 minutes.

Against Costa, Romero ate a ton of shots. Costa simply didn't have the power to put him away. Rumble or Costa, who do you think hits harder?

And hey because Romero had fights at 205 10 years ago, that's totally relevant when he has spent those last 10 years cutting to 185.

im sad that we never saw Rumble return to UFC at HW. The timing was perfect with DC/Stipe both slowing down.

He would have had good chances at both LHW and HW in the UFC

im sad that we never saw Rumble return to UFC at HW. The timing was perfect with DC/Stipe both slowing down.

He would have had good chances at both LHW and HW in the UFC

We saw him fight DC already. You really think him moving up would make the slightest difference?

Stipe would have eaten him alive as well.

he has very good shape and nice body (no homo)

We saw him fight DC already. You really think him moving up would make the slightest difference?

Stipe would have eaten him alive as well.

DC was/is retired. Rumble was perfectly timed to come into the divison with DC and Stipe sunsetting.

Survived against Izzy?

Really? That fight was a joke by both fighters. Easy to survive against someone that shadow boxes for 25 minutes.

Against Costa, Romero ate a ton of shots. Costa simply didn't have the power to put him away. Rumble or Costa, who do you think hits harder?

And hey because Romero had fights at 205 10 years ago, that's totally relevant when he has spent those last 10 years cutting to 185.
Well yeah no denying it was shit, but fact is he did survive relatively unscathed( his leg was a bit fucked but nothing major), compared to most of Izzy's other opponents he got off light all things considered, there is a fairly sizeable minority of people who actually think he won the "fight", as well as the Costa fight, and Whittaker 2.

I have no idea how hard Rumble hits at 37 after 5 years out the game, i'd be a mug to guess him when he could easily come in looking like Chuck Liddell vs Tito 3, Powah of AJ means fuck all when i'm not even sure dude even knows what a calf kick is..
This guy doesn't like fighting, I can't imagine he's been keeping up with the game he left.

Nah you said it's at 205 like Yoel has 0 experience, when he does, it's not irrelevant... What is more irrelevant is you talking about AJ's power from half a decade ago when he's been sat on his butt smoking weed and doing occasional sumo and grappling tournaments for a laugh.
You can't say 10 years ago doesn't matter, but 5 years ago does hahaha!

Well yeah no denying it was shit, but fact is he did survive relatively unscathed( his leg was a bit fucked but nothing major), compared to most of Izzy's other opponents he got off light all things considered, there is a fairly sizeable minority of people who actually think he won the "fight", as well as the Costa fight, and Whittaker 2.

I have no idea how hard Rumble hits at 37 after 5 years out the game, i'd be a mug to guess him when he could easily come in looking like Chuck Liddell vs Tito 3, Powah of AJ means fuck all when i'm not even sure dude even knows what a calf kick is..
This guy doesn't like fighting, I can't imagine he's been keeping up with the game he left.

Nah you said it's at 205 like Yoel has 0 experience, when he does, it's not irrelevant... What is more irrelevant is you talking about AJ's power from half a decade ago when he's been sat on his butt smoking weed and doing occasional sumo and grappling tournaments for a laugh.
You can't say 10 years ago doesn't matter, but 5 years ago does hahaha!

Power is the last thing to go in fighters especially at the bigger weight classes.

Power is the last thing to go in fighters especially at the bigger weight classes.
No doubt.. But I think Yoel could beat more "powerful" men than Rumble.

Power doesn't really help much when you're moving at Yarbrough pace.
Emanuel-Yarbrough-nearly-wrangles-Takase.gif

The spinning stuff caught him by surprise, just like Costa did, those usually drop you. He tried to fight it after, but Feijao threw full power left to his temple when Romero threw left himself, leaning into it, then Feijao threw a big right hook on the chin also when Yoel leaned into it. How Yoel was still conscious is beyond me.

UFC-Ronaldo-Jacare-Souza-Yoel-Romero-GIF.gif

He went on to adopt it.

I got Rumble by KO. Then let him fight Jon Jones.

Back