Rumble's chances at HW title

No.

I think he loses to the top fighters
And the top fighters are not going to stand and bang with him when they know all it takes is one takedown and he'll give them the sub
DC authored the book on how to wrestle-fuck him.

When is the last time Cain fought? 2014?!?!

Yep, if Werdum gets him to the ground... hes done.
Koscheck, another WW, also RNCed him after that. I agree. Werdum would destroy Johnson's limbs at will if he got him on the ground.

Can Stipe, JDS, Cain or Black Beast even do a sub? Werdum and
maybe Ngannou would be his only competition. Reem would get KO'd.
are you making out that Rumble has excellent sub defense:?

Why didn’t he just fight at HW instead of LHW all this time?

He’s going to HW because he failed to get the title at LHW.

Rumble couldn't finish Arlovski. His power ain't nothin' special at HW. Top fighters there would smash him.

He's got a puncher's chance, as always.

Personally, I like his odds at HW. It's not exactly a deep, youthful division.

Rumble's biggest advantage was always that he was the bigger and stronger fighter. He was ridiculous the few times he managed 170! As he has moved up weight classes that advantage has dissipated. Now at HW, he might actually have to gain weight...that will spell his doom vs naturally big, powerful men like Stipe, Werdum, etc...

I think he can. He's a match up problem for a lot of people in the division.

What u guys say? Can Rumble become the HW champion of the world?

He'll get owned. He barely beat Andrei. At the end of that fight Rumble was about to pass out and he himself said in other words " fuck these guys, they are too big for me"...and they are!! Rumble at 240 pounds is a fat rumble, he is gonna get destroyed.

I don't know if anyone can stand with him TBH. If Stipe or Werdum can get him to the mat ala Cormier they could definitely ruin Rumble's night. Other than that I don't know who beats him.

Rumble swings a pendulum of doom, but his will is made of papier-mache. If he were to match Miocic, it would likely play out like the Overeem fight: early success, but quick disheartening and defeat. Though that would be an interesting poster byline — Crumble vs Mumble!

The guy has explosive power to sleep anybody. But not sure how he would do against the top tier fighters. Like the guy. But he seems to give up when the going gets tough.

I honestly think Rumble is the best front runner we've ever seen in MMA. The second he faves adversity he starts to crumble, but the fighters who can make him actually face adversity are few and far between, considering how dynamic his skill set is and how much power he posses. So yes, he has the tools to become HW champion no doubt, but certain matchups like Cain and Stipe will always be nightmares for him.

No I don't think so. Rumble is quitter, he has a lot of wilt and quit in him, I seen it too many times, even against tiny fighters like RIch Clementi. Sorry but its the truth. He has good power in his punches and can be fun to watch if someone slugs with him, but he has too many flaws such a submission defense and heart.

Would not favor him against Stipe, Ngannou, Overeem or Cain. Werdum would be a bad fight for him too because of the style.

Back