Russia, China Would Destroy U.S. Command Aircraft on 'Day 1' of War, Air Force Warns

I have been warning of this exact scenario ever since Iran began aligning themselves with both Russia and China.
You should email the Navy. It's possible they haven't considered this scenario.

All wars are political in nature.

So yes.

I would disagree seeing the outcome of every war we had since Korea but honestly if you want to continue I'm game but isn't something I would look forward to or have the energy.

I would disagree seeing the outcome of every war we had since Korea but honestly if you want to continue I'm game but isn't something I would look forward to or have the energy.

So you think countries decide to go to war for shits and giggles?

You have such a reductionist and childish view of the world.

Last edited:
You should email the Navy. It's possible they haven't considered this scenario.
633.gif

The US is running out of bombs — and it may soon struggle to make more
By: Aaron Mehta   19 hours ago
in its next budget. But whether the industrial base will be there to support such massive buys in the future is up in the air — at a time when America is expending munitionsat increasingly intense rates.

The annual Industrial Capabilities report, put out by the Pentagon’s Office of Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy, has concluded that the industrial base of the munitions sector is particularly strained, something the report blames on the start-and-stop nature of munitions procurement over the last 20 years, as well as the lack of new designs being internally developed.

Some suppliers have dropped out entirely, leaving no option for replacing vital materials. Other key suppliers are foreign-owned, with no indigenous capability to produce vital parts and materials ― setting up the risk that a conflict with China could rely on Chinese-made parts.

RELATED: America’s industrial base is at risk, and the military may feel the consequences

And the military’s desire to tinker with existing designs rather than create band-new weapons has left the industrial base with a lack of design experience, which means “design skills for critical components within the missile sector industrial base are at risk,” the authors write.

All this is happening as the U.S. is expending munitions at a rapid rate. For instance, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction concluded that 1,186 munitions were dropped in that country during the first quarter of 2018 ― the highest number recorded for the first three months of the year since tracking began in 2013; that number is also more than two and a half times the amount dropped in the first quarter of 2017.

Mackenzie Eaglen, a defense expert with the American Enterprise Institute, said figures in the report line up with worries from senior military leaders over the last two years.

“This report puts a bunch of solid facts and figures, and real companies and impact, behind the anecdotal concerns of leadership,” Eaglen said, who added that the overall facts show “munitions production is then at risk

https://www.defensenews.com/pentago...-bombs-and-it-may-soon-struggle-to-make-more/

This sounds like something Hitler said before World War 2

The difference is I don’t want to see the full night of the US military, I just know that wars that have no clear military objective don’t turn out to well. Winning hearts and minds is a political objective placed on the military when their role is to kill and destroy.

I’d rather our military be used to protect the US from aggression not used for political purposes.

Back