International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V12

Status
Not open for further replies.
HIMARS ofc is possible to intercept....
While investments will be really huge and it might be countered by using cheaper missiles with just inertional navigation and by launching more missiles in salvo....that's all.

The same for example Grad 122 mm MRLS missile.
It does have dummy life. Even 0 inertial navigation. Cheap. Radars see it smaller footprint than 220 mm or 227 mm MRLS missile.

If you will launch some 4-16 122 mm missiles in one episode, most likely Iron Dome battery will deal with all these MRLS missiles.

While if we have 4 Grad type trucks and launch 160 missiles in 20-30 seconds?
Let's guess.
+ most expensive stuff in Iron Dome battery is radar... ofc they are able to use stuff from other systems in nerwork too.
Still this really very expensive radar is ....what it is here.

Putler pulled the nuclear card out again does he really want 200 cruise missiles raining down on Moscow all at once?

"
It's the question we've been asking ever since President Vladimir Putin ordered the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. In this war, would the Kremlin go nuclear?

President Joe Biden isn't ruling it out.

"I worry about Putin using tactical nuclear weapons," the US president said this week. He believes the danger is "real".

I don't know whether President Biden reads the Russian magazine Profile. If he does, you can understand why he's worried.

Last week, Profile published an article by prominent Russian foreign and defence policy expert Sergei Karaganov. The hawkish Mr Karaganov is honorary chairman of the Presidium of the Council on Foreign and Defence Policy. In short, he's well-connected to those in power here.

His argument goes like this. In order to "break the West's will", Russia "will have to make nuclear deterrence a convincing argument again by lowering the threshold for the use of nuclear weapons".

"The enemy must know that we are ready to deliver a pre-emptive strike in retaliation for all of its current and past acts of aggression in order to prevent a slide into global thermonuclear war.

"But what if they do not back down? In this case, we will have to hit a bunch of targets in a number of countries in order to bring those who have lost their mind to reason."

Since last year, we've grown used to nuclear sabre-rattling from Moscow.

And President Putin has confirmed that Russia has already stationed a first batch of tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, a move the Russian leader says is designed to remind anyone "thinking of inflicting a strategic defeat on us".

But arguing the pluses of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the West? That's a whole new level.

Clearly, not everyone in Russia is on board with such an idea.

Today's edition of the business daily Kommersant features an article entitled "Nuclear War is a bad way of resolving problems".
"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65976256

I think he will do some thing radical but it’s hard to say how far he will go. He’s slowly getting backed into a corner and must know there is no way out. He must know at the same time should he do it that it will be the end of Russia as we know it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PEB
I say let Russia rampage in Europe, let them be bold and destructive.
Sadly that’s the attitude of a lot of people “not my problem” is the thinking, however that just leads to bigger probs down the road. And if the war ends tomorrow there will still be homeless and hunger so that idiot can f- off

Putler pulled the nuclear card out again does he really want 200 cruise missiles raining down on Moscow all at once?

"
It's the question we've been asking ever since President Vladimir Putin ordered the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. In this war, would the Kremlin go nuclear?

President Joe Biden isn't ruling it out.

"I worry about Putin using tactical nuclear weapons," the US president said this week. He believes the danger is "real".

I don't know whether President Biden reads the Russian magazine Profile. If he does, you can understand why he's worried.

Last week, Profile published an article by prominent Russian foreign and defence policy expert Sergei Karaganov. The hawkish Mr Karaganov is honorary chairman of the Presidium of the Council on Foreign and Defence Policy. In short, he's well-connected to those in power here.

His argument goes like this. In order to "break the West's will", Russia "will have to make nuclear deterrence a convincing argument again by lowering the threshold for the use of nuclear weapons".

"The enemy must know that we are ready to deliver a pre-emptive strike in retaliation for all of its current and past acts of aggression in order to prevent a slide into global thermonuclear war.

"But what if they do not back down? In this case, we will have to hit a bunch of targets in a number of countries in order to bring those who have lost their mind to reason."

Since last year, we've grown used to nuclear sabre-rattling from Moscow.

And President Putin has confirmed that Russia has already stationed a first batch of tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, a move the Russian leader says is designed to remind anyone "thinking of inflicting a strategic defeat on us".

But arguing the pluses of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the West? That's a whole new level.

Clearly, not everyone in Russia is on board with such an idea.

Today's edition of the business daily Kommersant features an article entitled "Nuclear War is a bad way of resolving problems".
"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65976256
Casual yelling, since late 2008 th nothing had changed.

However U.S should be careful not to show their fear and weakness.
Otherwise european realpoliticians might under the table negotiate with Xi, Modi and MBS& Co. To create next multipolar world.
Who will rule Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia then they will not care... maybe Xi, maybe someone else or putin. Anyway russia always will be commodities supplier and now....lesser impactful economy than comrades in india etc does have..

LOL what a dumbass post.

The pros outweigh the cons on helping Ukraine. It's actually a net gain in terms of finance, creating jobs here back home and creating an ally in Ukraine that will help provide food & energy products. Not even discussing the geopolitical benefits. You know damn well you don't give a fuck about homeless people. Funding Ukraine is not the issue, wasting spending on other bullshit is the issue. This one of the issues I think our government actually did right.

Go live in Russia.

LOL what a dumbass post.

The pros outweigh the cons on helping Ukraine. It's actually a net gain in terms of finance, creating jobs here back home and creating an ally in Ukraine that will help provide food & energy products. Not even discussing the geopolitical benefits. You know damn well you don't give a fuck about homeless people. Funding Ukraine is not the issue, wasting spending on other bullshit is the issue. This one of the issues I think our government actually did right.

Go live in Russia.
It's interesting how transparently insincere this kind of gotcha virtue signal is. We all know damn good and well that if Joe Biden tried to allocate 6 billion dollars toward "ending homelessness", a large swath of our society simply would not stand for it. Like, they'd screech themselves bloody about handouts to all those useless lazy bums while hard working Americans pay for them to get drunk and high. It would be absolutely intolerable.

This is a great breakdown of what Russia is planning and how they are running out of ammo and seriously reduction of tanks and may explain Putler talking about nuking out.

What a crock of shit!
A $6.2 billion mistake? Of course it had to be in Ukraine's favor. I wish the IRS would find such errors in my tax returns.
No such mistakes found in any other area? Past or present? Funny how that works or what a coincidence.

Man did you mixed up your accounts? because you are playing dumb here.

The "accounting error" came from overvaluing the cost of US gear, there is no money transfer.

This is a great breakdown of what Russia is planning and how they are running out of ammo and seriously reduction of tanks and may explain Putler talking about nuking out.

This was the Russiaboo cope about the slow grinding fighting in Bakhmut and other areas. Instead of meeting really obvious geographic objectives, they went into cope about attrition. Now I'm hearing it from Ukranians. There were obvious geographic objectives in this attack that aren't being reached. No need to construct a whole narrative to explain why its really winning.

Nothing new.
These idiots started to threat with nukes and to cut off export to EU in some like approx beginning of March 2022 th. Then they attempted to prevent sanctions approwal.:D

BTW I don't see why Ukraine in reality were dumb.
Since 2015 th separatists normally fortified their controlled area.
Ukr not likely in reality had invested enough, sorry.

Also they allowed russia to take Soledar and this is considerably more important city than even all these Mariupol, Bakhmut and Severodonetsk together taken.

Why?
Most likely till end of august russia will clean salt mines tunnels from mines and IEDs ...

After this Russia will have giant size underground weapons and ammunition depot. :(!!!
~ 200 km tunnels, these salt mines are in world TOP 10 list by size.
This isn't some pitty azovstal steel factory with Cold War era civilian bombs shelters for perssonel and underground warehouses to store production and feedstock for steel factory.
It isn't even Sevastopol. :(:(:(.
Russia if will not be dumb might easily hold Soledar and salt mines years in row.
Plus clay and gypsum mines in area are good stuff for defenders IF they are prepared.
And russia is using excavators to dig trenches in Soledar and It's area....

US ruled out their own twin blades helicopter due to reliability questions and performance issues to instead go with with a plane like helicopter but is smaller and more cost effective Osprey and more reliable. This will replace the Blackhawk and another helicopter Bell V-280 Valor.

They are also in the process of replacing the Apache Helicopter with a version of the V-280 Valor.

Last edited:
I truly never thought I would see the day where supposedly "liberal" people, would be so blatantly in favor of war.

Mad world.

Yeah, Ukraine should just give up. All of the rapes, castrations, kidnappings, and murder carried by Russia, just say "All good mane. We will cease to exist as a sovereign nation."

Next, you'll be saying that the U.S.A. should give back Alaska because Seward screwed Russia back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back