Russia/Ukraine Megathread V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate Kharkiv techno appreciators.

Wow. Those young men driving through an active warzone to give civilians food and water.

Blasting techno all the way....

Sometimes, having guts (courage) is enough.

I've said it before Eastern European problem and they don't think like us. Read Samuel Huntington's Clash of Civilizations essay a lot comes clear about many cultures.
No, I don't agree with Huntington's essay.
"The 'Clash of Civilizations' is a thesis that people's cultural and religious identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post–Cold War world."
Cultural and religious identities as the source of war? Resources and ideology are more like it. Historically, only 7% of wars have been fought over religion. I think most cultures share the same goal: Balance, power, wealth, and safety. People definitely share the same needs all over the world.

Last edited:
I've said it before Eastern European problem and they don't think like us. Read Samuel Huntington's clash of civilizations essay a lot comes clear about many cultures.
You might like the book 'Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies,' by Jared Diamond. A short history of everybody for the last 13,000 years. The book attempts to explain why Eurasia and North African civilizations have survived and conquered others, while arguing against the idea that Eurasian dominance is due to any form of Eurasian intellectual, moral, or inherent genetic superiority. Diamond argues that the gaps in power and technology between human societies originate primarily in environmental differences. Diamond argues that Eurasian civilization is not so much a product of ingenuity, but of opportunity and necessity. That is, civilization is not created out of superior intelligence, but is the result of a chain of developments, each made possible by certain preconditions. Development in the United States, parts of Europe, China, and Japan. For the most part, the southern hemisphere has lagged behind. In the US it was the influence of oil, steel, and railroad. The great fortunes.
51-KH9CL1SL.jpg

Last edited:
Russian State TV Comforts Viewers on Nuclear War: 'We All Die Someday'
So what are the average Russians thinking here? They are being told that nothing is happening in Ukraine except a simple security operation and then at the same time being told that they are going to die from Nuclear War.
Not every Russian is falling for that, hence all the people being arrested. They are getting their news somewhere else.
Propaganda has always been a great weapon. Nazi Germany exploited it to its limit.

Nice to see there's still some "everything's going according to plan" holdouts. The plan is shit and it'll lead to yet another cold war Russia will inevitably loose. But this time much quicker as even fewer of their population will support Putin's effort. What a waste, and due to a single manlets ego.

That is cool and all man but that is not evidence that force was designed to take the city of Kiev. In fact idk even know you replied to me. I also don´t believe at all Ukraine will even exist in its current borders in months time. NATO membership may happen for those countries. Europe wont divest from Russian energy they aren´t and are still buying it and the ones who refuse are crashing their own economies and the US is stupidly using its own supplies to prop them up. The Russian economy has had a ruble rebound which you deny because you just love to argue against reality and well yeah.

Be prepared to eat the crow man

The reality crash is going to break your mind.

Losing my mind sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:
Making a convoy of cars with the Irish and Russian flags to show support for Russia.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...an-convoy-published-on-social-media-1.4850104

While we're at it, the reporter I mentioned earlier in the thread is back in Serbia. He was answering his viewers' questions and interesting stuff about the Russian approach to media. He reached Mauripol in days of heavy fighting, a French Youtuber was already there and a female Russian reporter. DNR troops didn't care at all about what they were filming or saying in their videos. He could have said they were killing kids only and uploaded it, no checking of their footage, nothing. Since there were Serbian guys there, he could even go to the frontline, if he chose to. It seems they don't even care about the propaganda anymore.

Apart from that, he said that the Russians changed their approach in the last few days. Extremely heavy shelling around Donetsk, a lot of railway spots are targeted also. Probably to cut off as many supplies as possible before the deciding battles in the region. Huge losses on the Ukrainian side, both in casualties and captured equipment. Mainly due to being constantly under artillery strikes. Also, Ukrainian guys are doing some crazy stuff with drones, managing to get really close to DNR lines and do the damage, even if often means that the operators don't make it back. All in all, tough times are ahead.
There's a tiny minority of retards, around a few hundred, racist right wingers, maybe a few dozen who organise against immigration into Ireland, one or two trying to monetize it with YouTube channels, they get overwhelming pushback from everyone else. 20 cars with Russian flags decide to troll everyone with a "spontaneous" show of support for Russia...totally not copying what's happened in other countries... That's hardly indicative of a wider movement of support for Russia in this...meanwhile back in the real world, dozens of lorrys make the journey to Russia from Ireland full of donated aid, the Russian embassy gates are rammed, and the embassy ran out of heating oil for a month because firms flat out refused to supply them, and thousands of ukranian refugees are being welcomed with open arms...

Propaganda for the masses. Got to get them to "buy in".
Propaganda for masses that west might attack them and there might be nuclear war is nothing new in Russia.

Stalin ofc 1945 launched huge program to turn Crimea into bunker and weapons warehouse cos he was scared about Sevastopol and lesson from Hitler.
1949 USSR get nuke.
Then Stalin attempted to bully Allies...
When this failed, he announced that West is evil and Cold War started.
Stalin launched anti western propaganda and his own history version teaching in schools, unis, how even literature should be writen.

Ofc, when he died, 1953, next plans to build bunkers, invest in military already had been approved for long years period.

Party continued....

In order to justify even for communist party elite huge % of GDP allocated for military and bunkers...
To maintain this further, propaganda should be continued.

I even had 2 books about civil defense, looks that one had been printed in 1960 ies, one in 1970 ies.
Normal book but yeah, also about stuff that west might use nukes and chemical weapons on cities etc...
About shelters, safety measures for civilians in case if nukes or chemo will be dropped ...

It is nothing new.
1949-1982?-1985 flowchart just...
Is reanimated.

Us/Nato volunteers are not doing that good from what i heard (talked about it earlier in thread)

Too used to having air support
I'm sure that there are a ton of veterans from NATO countries who are doing great. I think it was mostly volunteers with less experience who left because they lack the training to deal with air strikes.

They aren't nato volunteers.
Just casual guys with former military exp.

U.K and pro western countries aren't USSR and can't lock borders for their citizens.
+ It is difficult to control where ppl will travel: passenger airlines AFAIK doesn't have active flights to Kiev.

Dudes might just travel to other country, then to next and after this to Ukraine.

Former mil guy doesn't means that he mandatory will seek job in military again or is willing to fight in foreign countries.
A lot of them sticked with civil jobs, business etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back