International Russia v. Ukraine Conflict Megathread Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to die fighting than to grow old?

Google Translate:
Kharkiv, a retired security guard, clashed with the Russian military

anyone remember Biden begging to OPEC last year and being rejected? Lol, no one respects such a weak loser

Somehow, I know trump did this cause he is a Saudi and Russian asset

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielc...-biden-if-you-want-more-oil-pump-it-yourself/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...ny-of-asking-opec-to-increase-oil-production/

It will be nice when we arm Yemeni with advance drones and stinger missiles fun times. Remember everyone 9 out of 19 9/11 attackers came from Saudi Arabia. Saudi better remember who has F-22 and F-35 fighters an Russian 5th generation fighter is a joke ask India.

Do you read anything you post?

The AP was not able to immediately verify the mayor's report that Kyiv was surrounded, and his spokesperson later tweeted that the mayor had misspoken.

Someone did a shitty translation of his words and jumped into thinking Kiev is surrounded. He said he can't evacuate citizens out safely at this current time. That is vastly different than Kiev being entirely surrounded dude.

I watched via multiple streams Russian mechanized units patrolling through Kharkiv suburbs. Their every movement was tracked and broadcasted by citizens peering through blinds. I wouldn't want to be the first advancing on foot into a hostile modern country. Every citizen that remains has a recording device and the internet remains functioning. Maybe the Ukrainians are writing Zs on abandoned and destroyed equipment of their own then publishing.

An interesting website that claims to verify equipment losses via video evidence. Consider the Ukrainian military could be more likely to carry a cellphone and post graphic material.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html
https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop

No, that's actually not what I'm saying. I don't care about urban myths about ghosts or whatever that other stuff is.

I'm saying it was a miscalculation on Putin's part about how this would go. Literally EVERYONE agreed at the start AND now that IF Russia wanted to go with all out war and just raze the fucking city they could. Not one person has argued otherwise. But there is a COST to doing that and it MIGHT be a cost that is too high to pay. **MIGHT**. Which is why no, a Russian takeover is NOT inevitable. They have to weigh the cost of taking off the governor so to speak. Because going in, I don't think that's a choice that Putin THOUGHT HE'D HAVE TO MAKE. But now it seems as though he does. He has to give orders to his troops (some of which seemingly have not been super keen to do so) to kill armed civilians that are defending their homes.

And so...you COULD be right. Maybe they launch enough rockets to the point where the holdouts put their arms down and give up. Or they really lay waste to the city and install a puppet regime. After that...who knows. They may be fighting insurgents for awhile. There are a lot of ways it can go.

Every war is not only about military capabilities and attrition. You are saying Putin will come out of this "just fine". Prior to this he was certainly not beloved, but he was not looked at by most of the world as "evil". But now...he's a head of state viewed by the west like another Bin Laden, Hitler, etc. Whether you think that's accurate, it's how he's gonna be viewed. So whatever he does going forward is going to be looked at through that lens.

But you are assuming he miscalculated something based on what precisely? Wartime propaganda essentially. As we currently know it, the present situation is very unclear. The future situation isn't. The idea that Ukraine is handing out this romping is very hard to believe and what you are most likely basing this perception of miscalculation on.

It's 3 days in for God sakes. Anyone who's anyone knows this is going to drag in for months but ultimately will go in Russia's favor.

Also Putin was already demonized by the international community. This war didn't change anything about that. But low and behold no one's defending Ukraine other than sending shipments of arms and bolstering up their future defenses because they know what's in store.

No one is actually defending Ukraine. All I'm seeing is a bunch of Nations standing in solidarity with them while basically watching them get invaded.

A lot of people saying that Putin and his brass are the bad guys and everything is on him, a lot saying that the West pushed this in various ways, I think people need to realize that both sides have acted scummily (though Putin and his people actually doing the invading deserves most of the blame here). Putin tried to make Ukraine a puppet state like Belarus is now, the Western factions want Ukraine as their version of a puppet/influence state (and beat Russia to that to a degree, the West have more influence there but it's not a true puppet state for the west like Belarus is for Russia, not even close right now). Maybe people should only root for the Ukranians able to be free from either influence and be able to determine their fate without either Russian or Western politicians, special interests, and money trying to use them against the other and absorb them. I just hope that the outcome favors Ukrainian independence and freedom and their peoples' ability to choose their own fates, they'll need help from the West in this war but I hope they are free to decide their fates independent of the West (or Russia) post war.

@San Marino is right though, it's not nuclear. Probably a thermobaric weapon as some posters have stated. If it were a nuke, we'd ALL know it within the hour.
Indeed.
Nuclear explosions have a double flash.
The explosion begins bright, but then dims before becoming bright again -- the nuclear double flash.
This is easily detectable by US military satellites.
"In 1979, a US satellite picked up a double flash, which can sometimes indicate a nuclear explosion, off the coast of South Africa. It's been widely speculated that the flashes showed a joint nuclear test by South Africa and Israel, which has an officially undeclared nuclear program."
4719633778_f3aa6c3b96_b.jpg

But you are assuming he miscalculated something based on what precisely? Wartime propaganda essentially. As we currently know it, the present situation is very unclear. The future situation isn't. The idea that Ukraine is handing out this romping is very hard to believe and what you are most likely basing this perception of miscalculation on.

It's 3 days in for God sakes. Anyone who's anyone knows this is going to drag in for months but ultimately will go in Russia's favor.

Also Putin was already demonized by the international community. This war didn't change anything about that. But low and behold no one's defending Ukraine other than sending shipments of arms and bolstering up their future defenses because they know what's in store.

No one is actually defending Ukraine. All I'm seeing is a bunch of Nations standing in solidarity with them while basically watching them get invaded.

"No one is defending Ukraine" What do you call sending in WARPLANES and millions of dollars in NLAWS, MPADS, javelins, and munitions?

I saw reports that claim some of the captured Russian soldiers are claiming they were told that this was just a training drill. If that is true, it makes sense how fast they abandoned a lot of those vehicles we are seeing. There is a lot of bad propaganda from both sides going around. I have found it very hard to decide what i believe to actually be true here.
Same. like both sides using the picture of troops captured at that dock

Indeed.
Nuclear explosions have a double flash.
The explosion begins bright, but then dims before becoming bright again -- the nuclear double flash.
This is easily detectable by US military satellites.
"In 1979, a US satellite picked up a double flash, which can sometimes indicate a nuclear explosion, off the coast of South Africa. It's been widely speculated that the flashes showed a joint nuclear test by South Africa and Israel, which has an officially undeclared nuclear program."
4719633778_f3aa6c3b96_b.jpg

looks like the hemorrhoids chart at my proctologist

Status
Not open for further replies.