International Rwandan genocide: 25 years later (today)

You literally changed the subject to complain about being "personally attacked". You ignored the point to complain about your irrelevant feelings being hurt. The matter has already been decided.

Behold. Still no refute from the account only used to attack and never to add anything to a topic. lol...you are one sad puppy.

<36>

Its ok though snowflake. I have no issues replying to you so you get some attention because I am capable of doing two things in the same reply...like how I am now going to point out that all of my original on topic points stand un-refuted because of you inept you are to do refute them.

<DC-Champ>

Behold. Still no refute from the account only used to attack and never to add anything to a topic. lol...you are one sad puppy.

<36>

Its ok though snowflake. I have no issues replying to you so you get some attention because I am capable of doing two things in the same reply...like how I am now going to point out that all of my original on topic points stand un-refuted because of you inept you are to do refute them.

<DC-Champ>
You're trying to convince your fragile ego that everything is okay, but it's clearly not working. When you cry abut being personally attacked on a messageboard you just let the world know how weak you are. You still somehow can't see it, though.

I was ashamed America lacked the moral and political courage to intervene.
So was I. Same for France and Canada. I guess colonialism wasn't all that bad after all. Now, if there was oil in Rwanda, I'm sure American troops would have been involved.

How is that any different than a bunch of smart people believing an angry guy with a weird moustache that they are the master race.
I don't think most Germans believed that at the time. Hitler and the Nazis made it propaganda. What Germans wanted, and Hitler delivered, was getting Germany out of a great depression, give Germans a sense of pride after the humiliation of WWI, and make Germany a world power again. Had Hitler stopped after invading Austria and Northern Czechoslovakia, he would have been considered a hero and Germany would have thrived. No World War. But the Nazis failed at world domination, specially with Hitler as a military strategist. How stupid do you have to be to attack and try to take over the Soviet Union?

I don't think most Germans believed that at the time. Hitler and the Nazis made it propaganda. What Germans wanted, and Hitler delivered, was getting Germany out of a great depression, give Germans a sense of pride after the humiliation of WWI, and make Germany a world power again. Had Hitler stopped after invading Austria and Northern Czechoslovakia, he would have been considered a hero and Germany would have thrived. No World War. But the Nazis failed at world domination, specially with Hitler as a military strategist. How stupid do you have to be to attack and try to take over the Soviet Union?

War was basically guaranteed. There is no stopping at chechoslovakia and still being a nazi. That being said, i think 'people doing it because they heard it on radio' is oversimplifying it. They must have already hated the tutsis and then once they saw the government the authorities and everyone killing them,they joined in. Its like if that happened in the US where the government was rounding up some visible minority that people hate and the radio waves are telling people to kill them, you know for a fact that a bunch of amuricans would join in on it. What i was taking issue with is the 'they have low IQ narrative' which is quite loaded.

Off topic though:

There is some interesting historical viewpoints that once the war started, hitler had to basically eat up the soviet union very quickly or germany would run out of fuel.

. 600,000 people hacked to death by machetes and Cold Steel kept selling and was the number one distributor to Rwanda. Sometime I wonder how their execs feel about tha
LOL. Exec's don't have feelings, they have P&L statements.

That being said, i think 'people doing it because they heard it on radio' is oversimplifying it. They must have already hated the tutsis and then once they saw the government the authorities and everyone killing them,they joined in. Its like if that happened in the US where the government was rounding up some visible minority that people hate and the radio waves are telling people to kill them, you know for a fact that a bunch of amuricans would join in on it. What i was taking issue with is the 'they have low IQ narrative' which is quite loaded.
Well, isn't that what happened after the American Civil War with the Ku Klux Klan? Those Southern boys weren't very bright either -- hence, the 'redneck' mentality.

Yes, I read your post. It does not mean I agree with what you are saying. There is no 'African World War', you are referring to war in the Democratic Republic of Congo which I already listed on post #56.

Regarding Rwanda. This was an excellent documentary on the subject. Basically how the UN did not do shit to stop the slaughter. "Shake Hands with the Devil", 2005.

"In 1994, one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th century unfolds when nearly 800,000 men, women and children are murdered amid civil unrest in Rwanda. This documentary tells the story of Roméo Dallaire, a Canadian general who is in charge of the United Nations' unsuccessful peacekeeping mission in the country prior to the killings. Returning to the nation for the first time in ten years, Dallaire recalls his painful memories of the event and wonders if he might have been able to stop it."

The First and Second Congo wars as well as the fall of Mobuto Sese Seko were, in large part, caused by the Rwandan Genocide. The First and Second Congo war led to millions of deaths and the effects of those wars are still widely felt today. The wars also had dozens of other countries involved, mostly from Southern and Eastern Africa, which has led to people calling the the Great African War or African World War, among other titles. It's one of the few documented cases where there was large-scale transcontinental mobilization in Africa among various nations similar to Asia, North America and Europe. Regardless of the name, it's well documented that the spillover of the atrocities from Rwanda into Zaire plunged the government into collapse and created turmoil all around central Africa. Assuming any genocide is insignificant because of a lack of catastrophic bloodshed, in itself, is a short sighted view on the events themselves. Africa changed a lot, not exactly for the better, since the genocide and the legacy of the Rwandan genocide is felt to this day. The death toll may be, relatively, small but the scars are ever present.

So was I. Same for France and Canada. I guess colonialism wasn't all that bad after all. Now, if there was oil in Rwanda, I'm sure American troops would have been involved.

Agreed. Mass butcherings, women used as sex slaves, children murdered, ect.... America moves on Iraq, under the lie of WMD's, and we don't even find a super soaker.

Second they started killing “because the radio told them to”. Just try imagine that. The vast low IQ of that. To hear something from a radio broadcast and then without any thought(I guess? How do 70IQ people think) and immediately start murdering.

Isn't that just like the SJW/Woke culture today? They agree en masse, no variations. 100% compliance, low IQ sheep

Second they started killing “because the radio told them to”. Just try imagine that. The vast low IQ of that. To hear something from a radio broadcast and then without any thought(I guess? How do 70IQ people think) and immediately start murdering.
The radio shtick is just the perps mocking victims. They didn't literally wait for the radio to tell them, listening the actual broadcasts, it's clear that most of the people that partook in the murders were waiting for the right signal/moment, the genocide was brewing, they wanted it to happen. They took out the president, stockpiled machetes and other weapons and waited for the right moment to strike.

Last edited:
The First and Second Congo wars as well as the fall of Mobuto Sese Seko were, in large part, caused by the Rwandan Genocide. The First and Second Congo war led to millions of deaths and the effects of those wars are still widely felt today. The wars also had dozens of other countries involved, mostly from Southern and Eastern Africa, which has led to people calling the Great African War or African World War, among other titles. It's one of the few documented cases where there was large-scale transcontinental mobilization in Africa among various nations similar to Asia, North America and Europe. Regardless of the name, it's well documented that the spillover of the atrocities from Rwanda into Zaire plunged the government into collapse and created turmoil all around central Africa. Assuming any genocide is insignificant because of a lack of catastrophic bloodshed, in itself, is a short sighted view on the events themselves. Africa changed a lot, not exactly for the better, since the genocide and the legacy of the Rwandan genocide is felt to this day. The death toll may be, relatively, small but the scars are ever present.
Are there any successful 'black nations' in Africa?
This was an interesting read, to include the 'comments' section...
Story: https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-there-any-successful-black-nations-in-the-world

Tale as old as time tbh
People peacefully coexisting in abundance and prosperity, then colonial tactics of bringing hospitals, schools and roads ruin yet another African paradise.
Sad.
If there were no European intervention, these people would still be butchering each other without the world knowing about. They probably were butchering each other long before the Europeans arrived. Hell they butcher each other on a daily basis without any white man's involvement. I mean, no white man told Mandela's wife to put tires around people and set them on fire.
752081_33fd577c436c4c0a971e9149bb465372~mv2.png

No outsiders involved when they hunt and kill toddlers as witches
Congo-Witch-Hunting.jpg

... or when they cut off limbs of albino children

baraka-800.jpg

It's a messed up, dark continent

No refute again. Shocked. Shocked I say. You have added so much to this topic. You keep putting my points in their place...above your head.
Faking being shocked is what internet losers do. This is how they communicate. As if their reaction to anything matters, or could in any way settle a dispute. You're lost.

We should have intervened. We also should've stopped Indonesia from slaughtering people in East Timor.

But, no interests for capital.
While I agree.... I feel like the US chose to not get involved individually because of one thing that had happened the year prior:

Wasn't the US also in the middle of fucking up Bosnia too? There were cries and yells internationally that the US should have let the UN handle Somalia... so they tried to let them handle Rwanda and East Timor and then all the shit happened too.

While I agree.... I feel like the US chose to not get involved individually because of one thing that had happened the year prior:

Wasn't the US also in the middle of fucking up Bosnia too? There were cries and yells internationally that the US should have let the UN handle Somalia... so they tried to let them handle Rwanda and East Timor and then all the shit happened too.

Bosnia and Rwanda were essentially overlapping.

I agree that Somalia played into the thinking.

Faking being shocked is what internet losers do. This is how they communicate. As if their reaction to anything matters, or could in any way settle a dispute. You're lost.

You keep posting, the original post you have been replying about still stands unrefuted and all while you pretend that I am somehow outraged by your posts lol...

<17>

Bosnia and Rwanda were essentially overlapping.

I agree that Somalia played into the thinking.
Early 90s were a shit storm.

Guess I was thinking of specifically Kosovo but that happened several years later too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back