S--t you hate in video games.....

Updates that on the service are great but then the gameplay is altered.

AC ezio trilogy remastered is a great example. The graphics are significsnlty better on ps4, however the gameplay is awkward as the camera angles change after you rotate to get a better view when running, making you clumsy. I actually miss my 360 version as a result.

I'm sure this has been said but watching a cutscene, then you need to walk 2 steps or press a button only to go into another cutscene.

Games that don't have screen adjusters.

For the love of God, why isn't this standard? Yeah, yeah, I know I can fiddle with my TV settings to get it to fit, but I shouldn't have to. And why can't they make the damn game fit the screen in the first place? Why do I gotta do the work for them? Nothing annoys me more that seeing the UI cut off at the sides of the screen when I start a game, and the game doesn't have an option to adjust the screen setting, so I have to break out my TV controller to fuck around. That is, if your TV even has that feature. My older one didn't. I bought a new TV a few years ago in part just to deal with this bullshit. Still burns my ass when I see it.

Tail missions where you have to wait til the end to kill the guy, even though no useful information was given at the end to warrant waiting. Bullshit. Let me take the cunt now.

Big deal: shitty camera angles when you need to jump or walk on narrow surfaces.

Not-so-big-a-deal: It's very minor and understandably a matter of translation I'd imagine but when I see weapon calibers get botched. Playing a good game right now where the M1911 is chambered in .38 and the tommy gun in .45 for some reason. Others have been ".9cal" or "45mm" but I'm really chalking those up to language.

Shooting someone in the head and they dont die. K fuck off.

Enemies that respawn out of nowhere just because you killed the first wave. Actually I hate the concept of waves at all.
Are we talking Los Santos gang territory type of waves?

Shooting someone in the head and they dont die. K fuck off.
Headshots are usually instant kill in video games tho. Unless it's vs a big fucking creature or boss or something

Headshots are usually instant kill in video games tho. Unless it's vs a big fucking creature or boss or something

Tlou1 final level, revolver face shot. Only the fireflies helmet comes off despite shooting him in the face. Bullshit.

Tlou2 revolver and shotgun head shots on Big scars. They dont often die from it. Stupid.

Goldeneye remake. I shot 006 probably 4738383 times in the head and he didnt die. Bullshit.

Tlou1 final level, revolver face shot. Only the fireflies helmet comes off despite shooting him in the face. Bullshit.

Tlou2 revolver and shotgun head shots on Big scars. They dont often die from it. Stupid.

Goldeneye remake. I shot 006 probably 4738383 times in the head and he didnt die. Bullshit.
Shortsighted sentiment by other user but likely a result of limited experience across titles and genres to know better rather than pot-stirring. Heaps more examples in line with your counter here to include Ubi's portfolio save Siege. If anything, too many titles negotiate h/shot DMG multipliers rather than balance around 1HK mechanics.

1. going on a decade now and bethesda still hasnt released elder scrolls 6.
2. un-skippanable cutscenes.
3. buying a new just released video game that isnt even finished. then getting the finished game as a purchasable DLC.
4. buying a new game on drop date and you get a 30 gig update as soon as you start the game for the first fucking time! unplayable till update is complete.
5. microtransactions.

all these things about video games really grind my gears. especially number 1. ffs make the game already!

For modern video games it's people wearing the same shit every fricken day. Lot of games have skins and costumers you can buy, so I don't think it's much effort. Like fuck Kiryu, maybe you can get a new suit for once in 40 years, or people can actually have a bit of a wardrobe.

The wii. Fuck why did nintendo do it...

The "Forgotten Sepulcher" level in Dead Cells can be credited for this complaint.

Levels that are hazards themselves. I'm not talking levels with hazards, but levels that are made up entirely of a life draining hazard that you have to combat with items or some sort of checkpoint "safe zone" system. There's a fine line between fair challenge and total bullshit. You're sitting there thinking you've got a good handle on the game's mechanics after putting some time into it, and then BAM, you're hit with some bullshit hazard level where none of your skills matter and the goal is to basically run for your life, and not get hung up in any one area for too long. It's not the worst offense a game can commit, and some games incorporate these types of levels well enough, but I still don't like them. It's not as bad as having an arbitrary time limit, but it's in the same ballpark.
I feel the exact same way and it's so complicated for me because that level has some of the GOAT music

I hate the fact that every game doesn't have the option to re-map the buttons.

It's so easy to add this to the controller options menu that it's just pure laziness that this is not standard in all games.

And for PC games, just add controller support for every game. Even if there aren't enough buttons, I can always use the controller for movement and actions and then occasionally use the keyboard for special things. But playing games with the wasd keys just feels so outdated and lame, not to mention it's hell on your wrists and gives you carpal tunnel.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I'm starting to dislike remakes/remasters. So we're improving technology and getting the bloat, that I previously bitched about; in order to play the same shit, albeit prettier?

Back