S--t you hate in video games.....

I guess I don't know too many NPCs irl. Except James. Fuck that guy

Ja.

They always are walking slower than you but fast enough where you have to start running to pass them and look like a moron. That is the NPC way.

Fuck James.

Quite a few games have done this so I'll add it here: Stamina management outside combat.

Just stop.

Greater the offender are freeroam, open-world titles that encourage exploration. Why? You're climbing, mantling, sprinting...just watching that stam bar deplete. I guess there's an immersion crowd that may like this but it's in fact counter-immersive to me because instead of enjoying the parkour, flora + fauna, or horizon what have you, I'm looking at this little green line from HUD every 2s.
Gliding in Breath of the Wild could sometimes be counter-immersive because of this. Just let me glide till i touch the ground not till the green bar depletes.

Shit DLC.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth has New Game+ by a paywall. Like a Dragon had post-game content that had you having to cap your characters to 100, to do the extreme version of the Milennium Tower. In Infinite Wealth, you can brush the post-game content (DLC included) at Level 65-70, so the remaining levels must be for harder versions of New Game+.

Ryu Ga Gotoku have pulled off some good DLC though. Kaito Files for Lost Judgment was brilliant.

Only other things I can think of, is that the game cannot be boring or broken. Whilst I'm glad that Cyberpunk 2077 was "reformed", having it released in that state in the first place was unacceptable.

Also, unless it's multiplayer, I couldn't give two cares if something is overpowered or unbalanced. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Being overpowered can be a lot of fun in a videogame.

I haven't read the whole thread. Ghosts of Tsushima DC costing the same amount it did 2 or 3 years ago is grinding my gears.

A recent one in Stellar Blade (although a great game) was when I met some dude in a container, was told to go 100ft to another area of the map to grab something and bring it back for a measly 1,000. It was a total waste of time, imo. Plenty such cases.

Shit DLC.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth has New Game+ by a paywall. Like a Dragon had post-game content that had you having to cap your characters to 100, to do the extreme version of the Milennium Tower. In Infinite Wealth, you can brush the post-game content (DLC included) at Level 65-70, so the remaining levels must be for harder versions of New Game+.

Ryu Ga Gotoku have pulled off some good DLC though. Kaito Files for Lost Judgment was brilliant.

Only other things I can think of, is that the game cannot be boring or broken. Whilst I'm glad that Cyberpunk 2077 was "reformed", having it released in that state in the first place was unacceptable.

Also, unless it's multiplayer, I couldn't give two cares if something is overpowered or unbalanced. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Being overpowered can be a lot of fun in a videogame.
Something that does get me about the Yakuza/LAD games is that they're introducing mechanics or teammates many chapters into the game.

Something that does get me about the Yakuza/LAD games is that they're introducing mechanics or teammates many chapters into the game.

Yeah true. I'm always more fond of characters introduced into the game early.

Infinite Wealth did this with a character from Like a Dragon, shoved him in at Chapter 13, in a game with 14 Chapters.

Late last night I was waiting forever for stupid Microsoft Update to finish installing then finish cleaning up so I could power down and play PS4 online game. In the game it's bad enough dealing with complete shit Spectrum internet being unreliable, but game lobby kept filling up and several turds refused to press sortie and ran the clock down then left resetting the room to fill up again over and over. Apparently doing that doesn't get you a game penalty or much of one.

Not "gaming" related, exactly, but why the hell can I download a 15GB update for a game with no problems, but a 130KB update for the friggin' Microsoft store, just sits in the queue for like 40 minutes before it starts to download?

Not "gaming" related, exactly, but why the hell can I download a 15GB update for a game with no problems, but a 130KB update for the friggin' Microsoft store, just sits in the queue for like 40 minutes before it starts to download?
Don't know why it does that but you have to click "get updates" again to get it going otherwise it'll just be pending

Digital artbooks.

What crap. They’re in all bundles now.

Not seen one decent one with interesting concept art notes, vertical slice outtakes, what have you. You pay 10€ more in whatever edition for vanilla base game + something something OST (also crap) and a digital artbook.

Value-add from these things is zero. Go away.

Digital artbooks.

Not seen one decent one with interesting concept art notes, vertical slice outtakes, what have you. You pay 10€ more in whatever edition for vanilla base game + something something OST (also crap) and a digital artbook.

Yea. the artbooks and soundtracks for the premium version of the game is weird. At least add a DLC or something.

Edit: I suppose it's extra stuff they want to sell. It's like for people who really appreciate the game. I do understand if a company sells a full game and their premium version is just extra stuff. I just get confused when they have several editions including the extra stuff, DLCs and different seasons.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to need a 4th PS4 controller since the 3rd's R analog stick is acting like a senior citizen and I need it for sniping. Or maybe I should just switch to the PS5 version of the game.

Digital artbooks.

Lol I think I told you about the Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition art book or whatever came bundled with the game that was removed by EA?

Turns out it's a widespread issue, it sucks but can't say I ever actually opened it up...

It's an art book I was never going to read but it's my art book, EA are thieves!

Anything related to microtransactions, DLCs, purposeful grinding to make microtransactions more appealing, and taking out original content out of the initial development cycle to be sold later as DLCs.

$60 to buy / Pay $$$ to win - Multiplayer.

Thjs shit is becoming a fucking cancer to video games.

6 years later, all this seems like a minor annoyance compared to the shit we're dealing with today.

May have already noted, but god dammit, here we go again..

Any type of extra effort we, the players, have to put in, for some fucking cosmetic change.

Playing Jedi Survivor and I could give a Dizzys shit if BD can be blue or Cal can have a beard.

Christ, just have those as options. But any extra effort from the gamer should have a PERK!

Game developers gotta calm down with these SKINS. Perhaps Dizzy is buying it all and they're profiting, but in main game play itself, skins should have perks.

If the game is fun, I dont care what my character/avatar looks like.

Maybe I'm alone on this one..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back