Sakuraba >>> St. Pierre and Hughes, is that correct?

I
How does Hughes or GSP beat Saku? Don't just be a smart ass posting memes, give me some actual thoughts on this.
I struggle to see any way Hughes has to win that fight, but IMO St.Pierre (especially the version that kicked Hughes in the noggin) has a shot of keeping the fight standing and winning the striking.

Newton
Belfort
Royce
Renzo
Rampage
Shamrock
Randleman

Your standards of elite are entirely too liberal, especially considering the time period when Saku actually fought these guys. Shamrock and Randleman were elite at one point, but long past that status when they actually fought Saku. Renzo was clearly never an elite MMAist. And so on...

IIRC, he has something like 4 wins over fighters who were top 10 at the time he fought them. That's commendable, just extremely meager when you are comparing to GSP.

Your standards of elite are entirely too liberal, especially considering the time period when Saku actually fought these guys. Shamrock and Randleman were elite at one point, but long past that status when they actually fought Saku. Renzo was clearly never an elite MMAist. And so on...

IIRC, he has something like 4 wins over fighters who were top 10 at the time he fought them. That's commendable, just extremely meager when you are comparing to GSP.

GSP is scared to fight Bisping & bigger fighters in general

Saku was fighting everybody

Gsp wouldn't beat current Vitor

Sakuraba, the WW goat that never been actually the WW goat... Based on Potential (and acomplishments), was he better than St. Pierre and Hughes? Saku faced some of the toughest competition ever, and has great wins over much bigger guys than him.
Based on potential is too hard to judge. If they fought I'd give it to Gsp and Hughes. Storied careers, accomplishments, etc maybe sake or tie. But if they fought, can't give it to sanu in either instance. Although I do love saku and am bummed I never saw him live in jap

Based on potential is too hard to judge. If they fought I'd give it to Gsp and Hughes. Storied careers, accomplishments, etc maybe sake or tie. But if they fought, can't give it to sanu in either instance. Although I do love saku and am bummed I never saw him live in jap
Sorry - bad auto correct

Is this thread serious? What a fucking joke, GSP would destroy Saku.

Lets see, we have a fighter with wins over Rampage, Randleman and Vitor vs a fighter with only wins over WWs. Lol.

Just go away.

Cool points bro, koscheck beat Rumble Johnson and Rumble killed every LHW not named DC.

If you think Sakuraba would have beaten prime GSP, you should go away.

That is laughable. Sakuraba was great for his time and he might also be a bigger WW legend than GSP, but if you seriously believe he would beat GSP you must be high. How many times have we seen ranked Japanese fighters look like shit as soon as they start fighting legit competition? I love Sakuraba and he is by far the toughest WW we have ever seen, but you are completely delusional if you think his skills are better than GSP's.

Saku beats Hughes, if he can't submit GSP then GSP wins the decision.

I love Saku but let's not pretend some of his wins weren't fixed. Considering Coleman took a dive, it wouldn't surprise me if Randleman did against Saku, the fight doesn't seem right on Randlemans part. Rampage was also offered money to lose against Saku but he didn't take it.

Saku wasn't 170 fighting in PRIDE

According to Rampage he was offered more not to tap if caught in a sub not to lose.

ure the clueless dude here.

When ure talking about potential HOFers, potential GOATs, its all about rareified air.

The tie-breaker has to be the number of potential HOFers in each fighter´s resume.

GSP is no match for Saku.

Period.
Yeah, beating a guy in his first fight when he sucks is so much more meaningful than beating guys at their peak.

Sakuraba, the WW goat that never been actually the WW goat... Based on Potential (and acomplishments), was he better than St. Pierre and Hughes? Saku faced some of the toughest competition ever, and has great wins over much bigger guys than him.

I think so.
He's definitely better than Hughes. He would wreck Hughes standing.
Prime for prime, he probably drops a decision to GSP, even in Pride rules. But Saku was greater for his time.

Idk what's more delusional. People thinking Saku has a better resume than GSP or them thinking Saku would beat GSP in a match.

Back