Same sex marriage vote in Australia.

OMG Australia has the nerve to say that we're neanderthals on gun laws and they don't even allow GAY marriage? Seriously? How backwards of a culture and society.

Finally it's over, the results were announced today.
61% for same sex marriage.
39% against.

Most of the 'yes' people assumed they'd get at least 70% leading up to today. Thats around 5 million on the 'no' side, quite a lot of people.

I've always been for gay rights but i ended up voting no! Of course i knew the 'yes' campaign would win but i changed from yes to no.
The reason was because of the left. They intimidated, bullied, and even assaulted many people who said they'd vote 'no.' When this happened the media said little about it too.
Even businesses were threatened in some cases.
Even tho' i knew my protest vote wouldn't change things it made me feel good. I'm for same sex marriage and i knew it would get thru'.
A lot of people just got sick of the bullying.

Agenda driven media

Iz normal

OMG Australia has the nerve to say that we're neanderthals on gun laws and they don't even allow GAY marriage? Seriously? How backwards of a culture and society.

You only legalized gay marriage a couple of years ago, and states still fought it.
We fixed our gun problem many years ago.
Enjoy continuing to kill each other.

Marriage is not based on having two opposite genders. Marriage is a social construct with no basis in biology.

Marriage is a religious construct and as such in a Christian based society is definitely based on a male and female union.

Saying that I'm not religious and see no reason why a guy in a fancy dress that's more likely to bugger children can tell me who I spend my life with.... Why do gay people?

There are plenty of clubs with a selective membership. Why is marrying different? It's a 99% religious based movement that states to be part of the ideal you need to be male female to join.

Personally I'd start my own exclusive club if I felt that way inclined. Is there an organised movement of straight people forcing gays to stop the Mardi Gras and taking it to a referendum

I told myself I wouldn't post but I said I wouldn't drink either....

Not saying I disagree about the guns but how many people were killed in Australia over the last 10 years due to gay's not marrying. Please, what sort of logic is that? (legitimate ?, how the duck did you join those dots to get that?)

Smh...

Cool! You can say same thing about pedophilia, bestiality, incest, polygamy....

Laws are not simply made based on if it directly impacts your life personally. It has also to do what type of society you want to live in n what’s appropriate. 2 adults having sex in the middle of the busy intersection doesn’t really impact your life, but you probably don’t wanna see it.
Pedophilia and bestiality do not involve consent. Incest in most cases involves child abuse, where the underage person is not able to give legal consent and there are public health implications for any offspring of such relationship. We have already gone over this, and your attempt to connect same sex marriage with moral equivalency to pedophilia, incest and bestiality is becoming pathetic and illogically emotional. Polygamy, if practiced between consenting adults, pose no issue with me.

Again you should go back to your biology lessons n go over sexual reproduction part.

Humans like most other animals have 2 sexes that complement each other: male n female. Males have sexual organs that go into female sexual organs. Male produces reproductive cells that go with female reproductive cells. those are called gametes, which literally means to marry.

What you’re doing is going against biology n common sense to promote a lifestyle.
Common sense is that an adult can engage in any kind of relationship with another adult as long as both parties agree. There are plenty of homosexuality in other animals, so your biology argument is factually moot. Cohabitation and sexual relationships do not have to produce offspring. There are plenty of straight couples who have no plan to do so. No one is promoting any lifestyle here except you. People should be free to form any relationship they like and be recognized for it. You on the other hand, seem insistent on telling others how they should live their lives.

How are gays denied access to them? They can marry who ever they want, as long as it opposite sex.
Being forced to marry only opposite sex when they are not attracted to them is not only in violation of their equality rights, but morally wrong. If marriage as a institution is officially recognized by the state, then so should same sex marriage.

Yup, what’s healthy n what’s not is determined by biology. You can start stuffing food up your ass n try to defecate outta your mouth all you want n pretend it’s perfectly “normal”, but unfortunately that’s not how it works.

Homosexuality is a disorder/deviance from biological point of view. So it’s funny you talk about what’s “unhealthy in free n democratic society”. Promoting that type of lifestyle looks pretty unhealthy
More emotional nonsense from you that has little to do with gay marriage. Pushing your twisted morality on others and denying equal rights because of people's sexual orientation is by its nature, oppressive. Most civilized societies have tossed aside that kind of barbarity.

Last edited:
Who cares, let them die out like the dodo.

Self inflicted extinction. What morons:

Australian Birthrates All time Low
http://www.smh.com.au/national/baby...rate-falls-to-10year-low-20151029-gklmvc.html
UAE and Qatar, both conservative Islamic societies that have strict laws against homosexuality, are both below the population replacement rate when it comes to birth rate. Falling birth is a natural consequence of an advanced society. As the population become more educated and standard of living rises, birth rates falling is a general trend.

Like I said, gay couples being allowed to marry does not prevent straight couples from doing the same or have children.

UAE and Qatar, both conservative Islamic societies that have strict laws against homosexuality, are both below the population replacement rate when it comes to birth rate. Falling birth is a natural consequence of an advanced society. As the population become more educated and standard of living rises, birth rates falling is a general trend.

Like I said, gay couples being allowed to marry does not prevent straight couples from doing the same or have children.

It's a values package. West values fun over kids. Eruope is dying out and have to rely on immigration to sustain the numbers. What do you think at this rate will happen? Look at their birthrates! It's predicted at this rate there will be no Danes left within 150 years. How dumb is that? Biological failures. Simple evolution.

It's a simple fact. The values of Muslims, Indians, all those ethincs who breed like cockroaches have the values to have a tons of kids per famiky. Religious communities always have more kids than secular. Always. The west screwed themselves.

I agree with you to an extent, but it's that European whites need to have more and the Indians, Muslims, sub Saharan Africans need to have less.

Don't care if gays marry.

But if they have the right then there is no reason to have laws against polygamy or incest.

As long as they are adults it's no ones right to say what they want.

Don't even bother with the birth defects argument unless you want to forbid other marriages that increase that chance also.

For me I don't care who marries whom or how many as it has no real effect on me.

Australia isn't promoting homosexuality, there aren't adverts saying 'c'mon everyone, ever thought about bumming another guy? Well you can, be gay, it's great!'
That would be promoting it.

The stats i looked at yrs ago said the majority of pedos were straight males, not gay.

You believe people should live and marry by your rules?
yes i do. my rules are fair and just.

also i wonder why someone from Virginia, USA, is arguing in favor of polygamy and incest...
<{fry}>

yes i do. my rules are fair and just.

also i wonder why someone from Virginia, USA, is arguing in favor of polygamy and incest...
<{fry}>

I'm just saying I don't care who marries whom.

Fair and just is in the eye of the beholder.

You only legalized gay marriage a couple of years ago, and states still fought it.
We fixed our gun problem many years ago.
Enjoy continuing to kill each other.
you guys havent fixed your atrocious accents though.

Australia isn't promoting homosexuality, there aren't adverts saying 'c'mon everyone, ever thought about bumming another guy? Well you can, be gay, it's great!'

The stats i looked at yrs ago said the majority of pedos were straight males, not gay.

Lmao!!!

Now I imagine that adds like that might appear sooner or later Hahahhahahahahahah

Lmao!!!

Now I imagine that adds like that might appear sooner or later Hahahhahahahahahah

Already here!

We have had gay marriage for almost 20 years. Nothing happened. It's such a non issue.

Marriage is a religious construct and as such in a Christian based society is definitely based on a male and female union.

Saying that I'm not religious and see no reason why a guy in a fancy dress that's more likely to bugger children can tell me who I spend my life with.... Why do gay people?

There are plenty of clubs with a selective membership. Why is marrying different? It's a 99% religious based movement that states to be part of the ideal you need to be male female to join.

Personally I'd start my own exclusive club if I felt that way inclined. Is there an organised movement of straight people forcing gays to stop the Mardi Gras and taking it to a referendum
It's not a religious construct at all. You have no argument.

Back